ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 Pandemic: Transmissions, Deaths, Treatments, Vaccines, Interventions and More...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta think the protests have something to do with the spiking right?

Cant tell yet about the riots/protests. But the heat is causing people to go indoors so you get more spread that way. It looks like the CV version in warms states is the more infectious but less lethal CV. Young people are more positive but the morgues aren't filling-up.

However, there is a CV problem in Central America, South America and Mexico. They are worse than stats show and stats look bad. Invasions from there making US problems worse in border counties.

FRDKSKx.jpg

nlOAFfn.jpg

Most serious surge in virus cases? Coming across the Mexican border
https://www.conservativereview.com/...rge-virus-cases-coming-across-mexican-border/

So everything you like that Murphy does is based on science but everything you don't like that he does is just him doing what he wants for his own reasons? Do I have that right?

He wasn't basing any of his decisions on science. Today he did. When you follow the science, you can make good decisions. You've made a lot of progress today.

interesting why you say Florida when California appears to be in worse shape
Not when you look at positivity rate. FL at 13% on the 7 day rolling average. CA is at 5.6 %.

California has gotten their testing up near 100K people per day.

John Hopkins says FL tested 50K yesterday, but is typically in the mid 20's.

It's true CA has it's own issues, but no, CA is not in worse shape.

Last edited:
Not sure how accurate this # is as FL has had similar spikes in the past, but the one hopeful thing looking at their #'s is they did test a big amount in their last reported day. So maybe, today's huge # is also associated with a huge testing #.

Cant tell yet about the riots/protests. But the heat is causing people to go indoors so you get more spread that way. It looks like the CV version in warms states is the more infectious but less lethal CV. Young people are more positive but the morgues aren't filling-up.

However, there is a CV problem in Central America, South America and Mexico. They are worse than stats show and stats look bad. Invasions from there making US problems worse in border counties.

FRDKSKx.jpg

nlOAFfn.jpg

Most serious surge in virus cases? Coming across the Mexican border
https://www.conservativereview.com/...rge-virus-cases-coming-across-mexican-border/
Another Horowitz article? That dude has whiffed badly on his two previous articles, so I'll assume this is another whiff.

But it is useful as it highlights the shift in argument, from: Covid is not a big deal, to: Yes it's a big deal but it's really a Mexico/Latino/protestor issue.

Like I said this guy could not have been more wrong on the 2 recent articles which were posted here, highlighted by his inability to understand the data he is looking at, thus, I'm not bothering with this one.

Last edited:
i dont use a spotter but it wont matter, Murphy will keep the gyms closed all summer and then through the fall and winter when the 2nd wave hits
I've read about 5 different prominent "Murphy will" predictions that have proven wrong, including a "Murphy will keep schools closed" just yesterday. Yet the drum beat continues.

Reactions: Greg2020 and RUBB86
I'll add two clinical observations related to obesity and inflammation to underscore their importance in overall health. Cardiologists know that inflammation can manifest as seemingly minor observances like gingivitis because they know that this can be a picture into heart health and will typically extol the virtues of good oral hygiene. Clinically, in the ICU it is also known that obese patients with a short, thick neck have more trouble extubating in a timely fashion. Make no mistake, their is a bigger link between covid infection/mortality rates and our diet in the US than we have acknowledged thus far.
Great posts. I am a type 2 diabetic, high bp (now controlled) was obese. Inflammation for sure; bleeding gums, rosacea, clogged arteries, sore kidneys. But what caused the inflammation? sugar/bad carbs. what caused the lust for sugar/bad carbs for me? stress; silent killer. I chose sugar as my escape. Others do drugs, smoke, drink, gamble, etc. It's easy to be obese in this country. Maybe this virus will wake some people up regarding the weight and general health.

Not when you look at positivity rate. FL at 13% on the 7 day rolling average. CA is at 5.6 %.

California has gotten there testing up near 100K people per day.

John Hopkins says FL tested 50K yesterday, but is typically in the mid 20's.

It's true CA has it's own issues, but no, CA is not in worse shape.

25 percent of cases just in recent days in CA..wow

Reactions: Caliknight
Another Horowitz article? That dude has whiffed badly on his two previous articles, so I'll assume this is another whiff.

But it is useful it highlights the shift in argument, from: Covid is not a big deal, to: Yes it's a big deal but it's really a Mexico/Latino/protestor issue.

Like I said this guy could not have been more wrong on the 2 recent articles which were posted here, highlighted by his inability to understand the data he is looking at, thus, I'm not bothering with this one.

You're being ignorant. My focus was the charts that clearly show US and Mexico tracking with each other. Horowitz and chart = pea/pod

LSK2aiv.jpg

Mexico’s testing lol
I wouldn't have much faith in the accuracy of their numbers either. They clearly test nowhere near what we do. But I didn't bring Mexico, nor that chart, into the discussion.

I do know the #'s in certain states of this country are not good.

Reactions: Greg2020
And the protests are raging on.

california was prolly the biggest offenders when it came to amount of protesters and looters and rioters

houston had a huge funeral oh

just need to point these things out because of apparently one sided narratives that get posted here..its important to balance things out.

Again, note how the argument has changed from: Covid is not that bad, to: Yes Covid is bad, but it's the protestors fault.

Never mind we've already gone over the #'s. Doesn't seem to be much correlation between protests and increase in cases.

how do you know..its not like they are allowed to ask...special privileges

anyhow the northeast didnt see the spike from protestors because maybe coronavirus has been beaten back down here while it was still active in other places. Just throwing that out there, not all riots and protests were the same.

the fact was we were always going to have spikes to deal with, the whole idea originally was to flatten the curve, now apparently its to make sure there are no cases anymore

we are going to have to deal with this Wuhan Flu, it isnt going away, the last few weeks tells us that. We have only been shut down for 3 months, imagine another 9 months....the dam will break in many facets of life

anyhow the northeast didnt see the spike from protestors because maybe coronavirus has been beaten back down here while it was still active in other places. Just throwing that out there, not all riots and protests were the same.

the fact was we were always going to have spikes to deal with, the whole idea originally was to flatten the curve, now apparently its to make sure there are no cases anymore

we are going to have to deal with this Wuhan Flu, it isnt going away, the last few weeks tells us that. We have only been shut down for 3 months, imagine another 9 months....the dam will break in many facets of life
Flatten the curve is part of it but holding the R0 factor below 1 is also cause then the idea is it will be snuffed out eventually if you can maintain that line.

States are spiking right now, way beyond the acceptable level.

As per the protests and whether they have much effect on the case #'s? See NY. Edit; I see you mentioned NY. Aight, but if CA was the epicenter of the protests, why is Florida doing worse?

The states that are spiking right now were rising before the protests.

Reactions: Scarlet83
No, you have failed to grasp anything I've written. I never said obesity wasn't an issue, just that it's a minor issue when comparing South Korea to the US and death rates per capita. Again, if we had South Korea's 6 deaths per 1MM, due to far, far fewer cases (resulting from much better interventions), we'd have about 2000 deaths not 125,000 deaths. Even if we threw in the BMI multiplier of 2X, which was not out of thin air at all (very unlikely greater than that based on the linked study which shows hazard ratios for mortality of 1.27-2.27 depending on the level of BMI) that's 4000 deaths, as I said. It's pretty obvious that success of interventions to reduce transmissions and deaths is far, far more important than obesity or other risk factors. Pointing out that you don't know what you're talking about isn't really a personal attack - it's simply a service to the community.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.06.20092999v1.full.pdf

Thank you for your service!

Reactions: RU848789
Is this all some sort of protest to get the CE board back open?

I'm in favor.

States are spiking right now, way beyond the acceptable level.

As per the protests and whether they have much effect on the case #'s? See NY. Edit; I see you mentioned NY. Aight, but if CA was the epicenter of the protests, why is Florida doing worse?

The states that are spiking right now were rising before the protests.

why is California spiking big time

Lol there is logic and reasoning and tons of posters have pointed it out to you. Shared equipment, indoor space, heavy breathing, and many outbreaks from South Korea occurred in these places. How many times do we have to repeat it? Just because you don't like the logic doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You don't seem to care about people dying from this just business that are harmed. You just go on and on about how lockdowns bad, meanwhile they saved hundreds of thousands of lives, brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers, and children.

Dude keeps saying no one's explained it, lol.

We'd have to physically shove it in his nostril to make it any more obvious.

Explained, again and again and again.

Proof? Or another one of your claims that you make up, like masks don't work?
Yes I have proof. Just like Formally your reading comprehension skills suck. I said masks don't work outdoors because of the wind factor. Please stop the nonsense. Everyone knows who you are. Stop bringing politics into this thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT