ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 Pandemic: Transmissions, Deaths, Treatments, Vaccines, Interventions and More...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean Arizona had 7 deaths last sunday and only a few monday, and then had tons throughout the rest of the week, but if you wanna call names go for it.
No you were not in that posting ... But you felt obligated to respond in kind.

Do you really want to get into this with me?????? I've been in an "essential" line of work for the past 4+months during this... Working 50+hrs a week... Dealing with hundreds of people every day!!! Yet neither I... or any other co-workers have contracted the virus so far... (double digit employees where i work)... I have NEVER said that this was a SCAM!!! But dont you dare get on your supposed "High Horse" and tell me for one second that i dont know what i'm talking about... Cuz im out there exposed and living in this nightmare EVERY GODDAMN DAY!!!! I dont fear this now nearly as much as i did in March.. But that hasn't stopped any of us from taking the same precautions now, as we did back then!!!

As I've written I work with some of the largest healthcare companies in the country. I have flown from Maryland to Seattle during Covid to see clients. I am in my office everyday. I have had 10+ meetings during the pandemic in active hospitals. I talk C-suite hospital executives daily and ER docs monthly. And when I see nonsense I will call it out. Because it is dangerous. Whether it is masks causing increased CO2 levels in your bloodstream, the "overstated" nature of the virus or deaths being recategorized for political purposes.

I am happy if you'd like to speak to ER docs who can tell you about a bus driver or CCU nurse or grocery clerk who were healthy five weeks ago and died in their ICU. I can have you hear what is like to work in an ICU where dozens of their patients are dying from something that didn't exist six months ago. I wont apologize for calling out nonsense. And your "motorcycle accident" post was nonsense.

As I've written I work with some of the largest healthcare companies in the country. I have flown from Maryland to Seattle during Covid to see clients. I am in my office everyday. I have had 10+ meetings during the pandemic in active hospitals. I talk C-suite hospital executives daily and ER docs monthly. And when I see nonsense I will call it out. Because it is dangerous. Whether it is masks causing increased CO2 levels in your bloodstream, the "overstated" nature of the virus or deaths being recategorized for political purposes.

I am happy if you'd like to speak to ER docs who can tell you about a bus driver or CCU nurse or grocery clerk who were healthy five weeks ago and died in their ICU. I can have you hear what is like to work in an ICU where dozens of their patients are dying from something that didn't exist six months ago. I wont apologize for calling out nonsense. And your "motorcycle accident" post was nonsense.

That is what really got my attention about covid. That the people I knew who worked in hospitals and saw patients with covid were really shaken up by what they were seeing

Eduardo Rodriguez of the Red Sox has swelling of the heart as a lingering complication of the virus. He’s obviously in good hands with team trainers and staff monitoring him — he’ll most likely be fine, but this can be dangerous if undiagnosed. Otherwise healthy 27 year old athlete who certainly gets plenty of sunshine.

Eduardo Rodriguez of the Red Sox has swelling of the heart as a lingering complication of the virus. He’s obviously in good hands with team trainers and staff monitoring him — he’ll most likely be fine, but this can be dangerous if undiagnosed. Otherwise healthy 27 year old athlete who certainly gets plenty of sunshine.

Your point is what?
MLB should shut down?

Weird and creepy that you answered got him, unless you confused your log ins?

Richie just said for people to chill and you're already instigating

English this time?

I wasn't instigating anything. I was responding to the content of your post. Multiple posts talking about effects of the disease, and you jump to a conclusion with no discernable a-to-b backing it up.

Weird leap.

Reactions: Greg2020
No, baseball is my favorite sport, I’ll be really bummed if it shuts down.

His case is just a reminder that this disease sometimes manifests in unexpected ways in people we wouldn’t necessarily expect to be vulnerable.

Yep, we've known for months that there are outliers with people of seemingly great health.

Some players in MLB have opted out , the players have to make choices just like everyone else in society.

We can't just shut down society, but we can all do our best to minimize risks and use common sense.

The 700 idiots in Jackson, NJ were not using common sense.

Sometimes you just gotta have faith.

Sad to report that Arkansas Senator Rapert has been hospitalized with COVID. At one time he called the pandemic the biggest political hoax in history and was against masks for a long time, but at least he's now changed his tune, as per an official statement, below. Hopefully, this will spur greater mask use in Arkansas, which has seen a steady increase in cases the past several weeks and deaths more recently.

“This is a difficult time for my family, but we know that God is with us always. We’re sincerely grateful for the many prayers of love and support that have been expressed on our behalf. We have all been doing our best to wear a mask, social distance and be careful like everyone else. This virus is serious and can attack anyone regardless of age or general health.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...utchinson-a9640156.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Some tidbits from around the world from the Times (scroll to the bottom of the link for their global roundup)...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/27/..._BANNER&context=storylines_menu#link-5e8a1d38
  • Vietnam, which on Saturday broke a streak of 100 days without a local virus transmission, will evacuate 80,000 people from the central city of Danang after four residents there tested positive this weekend.
  • Hong Kong will prohibit dining in restaurants, limit public gatherings to two people and require mask-wearing in public at all times, officials said on Monday, reacting to a spike in coronavirus cases. The territory reported 145 cases on Monday, its highest single-day count since the pandemic began.
  • Belgium’s prime minister reinstated strict social-distancing rules on Monday, saying she was taking aggressive steps to avoid another lockdown. She ordered Belgians not to socialize with more than five people and restricted all shopping visits to 30 minutes. Such measures were in place this spring, as Belgium was just emerging from a strict lockdown. Belgium’s infection numbers remain small but are increasing quickly, particularly in the second-largest city, Antwerp.
  • Lebanon on Monday ordered bars, houses of worship, cinemas, sporting events and markets to close for two weeks as part of a lockdown after a surge in infections, Reuters reported, citing state media accounts. Some shops, banks and schools will be allowed to open, but only for two days a week.
  • The virus has been surging across Zambia, with the government announcing a record number of cases. Last week, the authorities also said that 15 lawmakers and 11 members of staff had tested positive.
I'll add a few comments to this. First, I'm surprised at what they're going to do in Vietnam - not sure moving people is the best solution, as they've been very good with mask wearing. Second, Japan's recent outbreak peaked at close to 1000 cases/day, but now appears to be coming back down (around 600 cases/day) - but still well above the <100 cases/day they had from mid-May to the end of June - cases are mostly in younger people with many from their "hostess clubs."

Finally, Africa is an interesting case: if you look at Worldometers, every country has under 50 deaths/1MM, except South Africa with about 115 deaths/1MM, and even 115 is well below many countries in Europe and North/South America. But the BBC report below says that SA's excess deaths are much higher, so it could be a reporting issue and they've also noted that cases are starting to rise quickly in many African countries - and reporting probably isn't the most accurate, especially in many of the poorer countries.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53181555

Reactions: Greg2020
So it’s hilarious that people can’t do normal activities like going to a gym? The gym owners are going out of business yet u find it funny? Do u even want this thing to go away.

Just ignore fsg2. He contributes nothing but criticizing one's opinion or calls them names.

Last edited:

Not nonsense... It was widely reported... And I'm very well aware of what is going on in ICU's as I have never stated that this virus isn't an extremely serious thing.

CcltVXXb.jpeg

Sad to report that Arkansas Senator Rapert has been hospitalized with COVID. At one time he called the pandemic the biggest political hoax in history and was against masks for a long time, but at least he's now changed his tune, as per an official statement, below. Hopefully, this will spur greater mask use in Arkansas, which has seen a steady increase in cases the past several weeks and deaths more recently.

“This is a difficult time for my family, but we know that God is with us always. We’re sincerely grateful for the many prayers of love and support that have been expressed on our behalf. We have all been doing our best to wear a mask, social distance and be careful like everyone else. This virus is serious and can attack anyone regardless of age or general health.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...utchinson-a9640156.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Yet another "it's no big deal" until it seriously affects them or people close to them story. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery and thankfully has changed his tune. Maybe some of these stories will prompt others to take this more seriously.

when is the last time these 49 hospitals reached capacity in the icu? That would be the question to answer to see if covid is the major factor or not .

We wouldn't know since the media didn't care until the past 3 years , it's possible, but why look back anyways?

Just provide the data for all 49 so we can see, that's what is important.

I'll bet most hospitals in Florida. Especially the rural areas, have very few ICU beds available overall.

I remember Cuomo screaming about not having enough when in fact he had way more than he needed.

Last edited:
Some tidbits from around the world from the Times (scroll to the bottom of the link for their global roundup)...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/27/..._BANNER&context=storylines_menu#link-5e8a1d38
  • Vietnam, which on Saturday broke a streak of 100 days without a local virus transmission, will evacuate 80,000 people from the central city of Danang after four residents there tested positive this weekend.
  • Hong Kong will prohibit dining in restaurants, limit public gatherings to two people and require mask-wearing in public at all times, officials said on Monday, reacting to a spike in coronavirus cases. The territory reported 145 cases on Monday, its highest single-day count since the pandemic began.
  • Belgium’s prime minister reinstated strict social-distancing rules on Monday, saying she was taking aggressive steps to avoid another lockdown. She ordered Belgians not to socialize with more than five people and restricted all shopping visits to 30 minutes. Such measures were in place this spring, as Belgium was just emerging from a strict lockdown. Belgium’s infection numbers remain small but are increasing quickly, particularly in the second-largest city, Antwerp.
  • Lebanon on Monday ordered bars, houses of worship, cinemas, sporting events and markets to close for two weeks as part of a lockdown after a surge in infections, Reuters reported, citing state media accounts. Some shops, banks and schools will be allowed to open, but only for two days a week.
  • The virus has been surging across Zambia, with the government announcing a record number of cases. Last week, the authorities also said that 15 lawmakers and 11 members of staff had tested positive.
I'll add a few comments to this. First, I'm surprised at what they're going to do in Vietnam - not sure moving people is the best solution, as they've been very good with mask wearing. Second, Japan's recent outbreak peaked at close to 1000 cases/day, but now appears to be coming back down (around 600 cases/day) - but still well above the <100 cases/day they had from mid-May to the end of June - cases are mostly in younger people with many from their "hostess clubs."

Finally, Africa is an interesting case: if you look at Worldometers, every country has under 50 deaths/1MM, except South Africa with about 115 deaths/1MM, and even 115 is well below many countries in Europe and North/South America. But the BBC report below says that SA's excess deaths are much higher, so it could be a reporting issue and they've also noted that cases are starting to rise quickly in many African countries - and reporting probably isn't the most accurate, especially in many of the poorer countries.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53181555
By moving 80k people also puts others in the line of fire...Where are they placing these 80 k people? the jungles? ... even to test these 80 k does not guarantee avoidance or stopping the virus’s spread... Think about moving the population of New Brunswick NJ and say an additional 30k students... to me it appears a reach by the government over “ 4” cases.

Reactions: LC-88
Waste of time, resources and money while real treatments could have been tested. Impossible to calculate the damage this has done, but it certainly set treatment back weeks, likely months.
So we should only test the stuff we know that will work......but how we will know if it will work? You didn't think this through, did you?

Reactions: Postman_1
Last night I posted about lingering heart symptoms in a Red Sox pitcher; seems like this may be a common complication:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN24S2FC

“More than three-quarters of recently recovered COVID-19 patients had heart muscle problems show up during magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) tests, German doctors reported on Monday in JAMA Cardiology. In some patients, the heart may be "in serious trouble as a part of COVID-19 disease," Dr. Valentina Puntmann of University Hospital Frankfurt told Reuters.”

Florida’s two day decline in rolling 7 day deaths reversed this morning. 184 deaths reported today is their highest total of the crisis. Rolling 7 day total and 7 day moving average of 910 and 130 are also new highs.

Twitter just locked Trump Jr's account for posting a press conference by pro-HCL doctors.

There goes that BANNED leader again.

Would he have done the same if the post concerned quercetin,which does the same UBER drive that does HCL but does not require a prescription?

Last edited:
Richie - I don't envy the job of baby sitting grown men.

But this really is not complicated. Read this thread in the days before the CE Board was taken down and then read it the past month or so.

It is clear as can be that the difference are the former CE Board regulars who have no interest in having a discussion about the virus but prefer to use the virus as a means to further their political agenda and bicker with each other like children.

There are about six of them (on both sides) that you simply need to block from participating in this thread. If you like, include me. This thread is way too important to close down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT