ADVERTISEMENT

FINALS NCAA WRESTLING THREAD !! NICK & ANT GO FOR GOLD, 7PM, ESPN:

Ok, so now that the adrenaline died down, WTF was that initial point for?

Just got off a 3 way call with my Jr Hs - right now Buddies, and great RU fans and lifelong great friends, , Fire251 and NewWaveDave, my roommate at RU from 1971=73, and we are Celebrating ! This is an EPIC night for RUTGERS !

Can't tell you what a night this is for RU fans, and especially RU WRESTLING fans going back to 1971 !!!!!!!!!!!!

I recorded match and watched after alert of victory and still was stressed out watching haha! Few questions---

1) Heard lot of boos from crowd throughout multiple spots of suriano match. Was it for lack of calls? Lack of wrestlers doing much?

2) Can someone explain how stalling was involved with suriano running after OSU guy trying to keep a hold of his foot?

3) What was the call in the OT right before suriano got the escape? Was it for potentially dangerous position?

4) Did they review headgear handling at end on their own just to be sure for game winner? And is that moral for a definite or mandatory review of a game winner? Or did they basicLly get influenced by OSU coach even though he had no challenges left?

Reactions: RUonBrain
I would have liked to have had this recruiting point over Virginia Tech.

Oh well.

For me, the only comparable RU sports moment I have witnessed, was being with my good friends at Giants Stadium on Thanksgiving Night at Giants Stadium , and seeing RU beat Colgate for it's undefeated season. 1976
It was Bedlam!

100s of RU fans went to the Bar on the ground level after the game, coaches came in eventually , and we all witnessed RU Pres Ed Bloustein dance the Bulldog on all 4s , hammered with everyone else ! lol
True f'n story

Last edited:
I definitely don’t understand stalling in wrestling. I can see if you lying on the mat like a dead fish but this below the waist stuff is lost on me.
If your on top if you grab only the leg you have 5 seconds to let go and move up. After 5 secs it’s a stalling. 1st stalling is a warning 2nd is a point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT