ADVERTISEMENT

Gavin Wimsatt, Frank Thomas, 1962 Mets, Looking at Wrong Stats

RU677381

Sophomore
Apr 21, 2010
In 1962, Frank Thomas of the Mets hit 34 home runs to lead the team. That being said, he struck out 95 times and grounded into 23 double plays. Anyone looking at his home run totals would have been impressed with his power, but digging deeper he was probably a liability to the team.

We can make the case that Gavin’s qb rating is not great. However, he does not turn the ball over, doesn’t get sacked, shows good judgment, and is far more of an asset than a liability. The team is prospering with him as quarterback regardless of his rating.

Reactions: RAHWAYBOB
You’re talking to several fans who refuse to find the positives going forward. The baby steps were done for a reason. When Schiano brought in coaches Ciarroca. Flaherty, Brock ,Harasymiak many here were skeptical . But within 2-3 years the program continues to improve in a tough B1G. You will always see people’s attempt to disparage Schiano and what he says about this program ‘s play. You will see the same negatives about plays, players and how pathetic this football coach is . That goes back to first time here… people disliked him then… people dislike him now. They will tell you how bad he is and do all they can to stay quiet as they did back in 2005 -006-0007. When Rutgers wins they only point out negative play calling, not passing enough, holding onto the ball too much, not actually causing teams to realize if they don’t look he may actually run 50 yards for a score. They will call you a Schiano lover, ball sack licker and perhaps worse. It gives them a sense of “ see I was right”. Instead of actually analyzing they try to get others to join that mindset. I would think a fan would want to see success for their teams. Because the hate for Schiano is real for some…. many others see that he is building a solid program. Idiots saying get a portal QB… tells me why they really know Jack shat.

There were probably around another 24 players besides Frank Thomas who also could have been considered a detriment on those ‘62 Mets.

Reactions: hoquat63
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT