ADVERTISEMENT

Live Update Thread: No. 13 Rutgers Wrestling Opens 2018-19 Season with Saturday RAC Quad Meet

Albis tech falls Metzlers in 1st 16-0

Would have loved to see Albis bump to 133 :)

I know the plan was to RS Aguilar, but unless Suriano is moving back down he needs to be our 125.

These matches provide Donnie a lot of teaching moments for JVB to tighten up some of these positions he likes to get himself in. Type of mistakes that come back to bite you in March.

Yes and no. Those same positions are big points for him too. That's just his funk style and unlikely to change.
Yeah I totally feel that. That's why its so infuriating watching him sometimes. The things that he is great at are also the things that can cost him in big matches. Have to find that delicate balance of maintaining good fundamentals w/o limiting what makes him good.

Reactions: Leonard23
Yeah I totally feel that. That's why its so infuriating watching him sometimes. The things that he is great at are also the things that can cost him in big matches. Have to find that delicate balance of maintaining good fundamentals w/o limiting what makes him good.
Yup, that's always the hard part with that style.

Winners and losers today:

Winners:

Ashnault. He wants to annihilate anyone in his path this year.
Suriano. Quietly dominated today.
Grello. Very good 3-0 day.
Glasgow. Pin to start his RU career, went 3-0.
MVB. Was very impressive in his 2 outings today especially on top.
Colucci. We have a Heavy for the first time since Smith.
Cleary. Getting a pin in a backup win.
Ralph N. Loved seeing him win vs J&W.

Losers:

197s. Yes all 3 won, but none of the matches impressed me. Did Wright wrestle ranked D3 guys today?
Metzler. Tough outing vs the D3 NC and a BS call cost him the Fresno match.
JVB. Expected him to dominate today. Sure he won both matches but didn't impress me today.

Biggest winners: RU Wrestling fans for having wrestling back to take the sting out of a horrid football season.

Winners and losers today:

Winners:

Ashnault. He wants to annihilate anyone in his path this year.
Suriano. Quietly dominated today.
Grello. Very good 3-0 day.
Glasgow. Pin to start his RU career, went 3-0.
MVB. Was very impressive in his 2 outings today especially on top.
Colucci. We have a Heavy for the first time since Smith.
Cleary. Getting a pin in a backup win.
Ralph N. Loved seeing him win vs J&W.

Losers:

197s. Yes all 3 won, but none of the matches impressed me. Did Wright wrestle ranked D3 guys today?
Metzler. Tough outing vs the D3 NC and a BS call cost him the Fresno match.
JVB. Expected him to dominate today. Sure he won both matches but didn't impress me today.

Biggest winners: RU Wrestling fans for having wrestling back to take the sting out of a horrid football season.
Agree about 197, but Wright’s first opponent was #2 ranked for D3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT