ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread: RU Wrestling at Minnesota, BTN TV, 3:15 pm, story & info:

thats what i'm talkin about....fire, and heart......now collucci....needs gabel to pull a muscle , or get stomach cramps....ya never know

I've been posting for 2 years that Grello wasn't and wouldn't because he has no O on his feet and he's slow. The fact you're surprised is mindboggling.
I must have missed those posts, but if that's how you feel than the coaching staff fvked up recruiting him and giving him money. I seriously didn't think Joe did too bad last year as he lost a lot of matches at the end and thought he could start getting some of those. But now he's losing matches by giving up huge leads, I call that regression.

285- Colucci loses by Tech Fall. Match went pretty much according to form.

I rarely watch wrestling mainly because I don’t understand how the point system works. But I watched today, and I gotta agree with the posters above that Steveson is a total a**hole. I thought it was just me, but his actions were unsportsmanlike.

I rarely watch wrestling mainly because I don’t understand how the point system works. But I watched today, and I gotta agree with the posters above that Steveson is a total a**hole. I thought it was just me, but his actions were unsportsmanlike.

He’s 18. He’ll mature. I’m more concerned about how pathetic he made Colucci look. That was just sad.

Reactions: ruready07
Match went as expected.. needed To win 2/3 at 57/65/74 for the upset... happy to see Gravina with a comeback... and Correnti gutting a win.. and we still have two strong title contenders

Don’t forget about the 3 transfers that are starters for Minni. Then, it may have been a very different match outcome.

Go RU!
Diane

If Glasgow or Grello could have pulled it off, then we are up going into last match. better than anyone could have hoped. Clearly room for improvement, but this was a good effort that was a match away from putting a serious scare into UMinn.

Glasgow had no chance of pulling anything off with the injury coming of surgery. Grello definitely had more of an opportunity to do so.I guess if Olivieri wrestled we were looking at giving up 6 points.

Reactions: Leonard23
If Glasgow or Grello could have pulled it off, then we are up going into last match. better than anyone could have hoped. Clearly room for improvement, but this was a good effort that was a match away from putting a serious scare into UMinn.
Agree. The problem with these two wrestlers is they are taking to many losses. Same with JVB. Could hurt them to qualify for the NCAAS. However I have the utmost confidence in the coaching staff getting them more prepared. A lot of BIG wrestling left.

Reactions: Leonard23 and FMT
We need more transfers.:)
The BTN Annoucers said we have put a fence around NJ keeping the best in state. That’s not necessarily true. That’s what we need to do. I don’t want to name any names as I know these families currently NJ has like 5 maybe 6 potential natty champs. Only 2 on RU. Looking ahead. There are 4 to 5 potential HS wrestlers like NS and AA in NJ. Can we get them is the question. Hope so!!! JMO!!!

If we want to have a great team, the SKWC needs to raise more money so the coaches can get the best resident athletes. As fans we have choices including give to the SKWC so we can compete with the best, don't give and complain, or don't give and enjoy how far we have come. Many teams have or are building new practice facilities which are now table stakes. Hopefully, the SKWC gets Ashnault and Suriano when they graduate and also gets a couple other big names. Just look at the credentials of the resident athletes that train with other teams.

Because we have an injured freshman at 165 out there instead of a grad transfer. Or grad transfer depth to fill any holes. That’s why.

That is so weak. We cant complain about transfers when one of our best wrestlers is a transfer. Who is their Grad transfer? Russell at 125? Dont think he is a grad transfer, he was given a release from Edinboro when their coach left.
You wrestle who is on your team.

If we want to have a great team, the SKWC needs to raise more money so the coaches can get the best resident athletes. As fans we have choices including give to the SKWC so we can compete with the best, don't give and complain, or don't give and enjoy how far we have come. Many teams have or are building new practice facilities which are now table stakes. Hopefully, the SKWC gets Ashnault and Suriano when they graduate and also gets a couple other big names. Just look at the credentials of the resident athletes that train with other teams.

THIS!

But, I’ll let you whiney complainers misquote me all you want. Have at it!

Go RU!
Diane

As fans we have choices including give to the SKWC so we can compete with the best, don't give and complain, or don't give and enjoy how far we have come.
What if I give and complain is that OK? Our season ticket group of 9 is in the pin pool. But we're all old so we like to bitch and moan. I think it has something to do with knowing we're running out of time.

Reactions: Abro1975
We all get on each other during the heat of a close match and immediately right after. It's competitive and fun, and the program needs all the support we can muster anyway we can. And this is our venting forum, and it's fun to throw jabs at each other. So keep everything w a grain of salt !

Now on to my first cocktail ! lol . See ya later

They had 3 solid transfers that started for Minni, that’s all I’m saying. Wish we had some grad depth to help out at 165. It was a 6-4 split. I didn’t see a blow-out. If Minni had a true freshmen at ONE of those grad transfer weights...but, yeah, I agree, you wrestle who you wrestle. Just hard to watch Glasgow injured out there. But, even when RU wins, some of you bitch & complain or nit pick about something, you would think RU lost. It just gets tiresome.

Go RU!
Diane

Reactions: Abro1975
They had 3 solid transfers that started for Minni, that’s all I’m saying. Wish we had some grad depth to help out at 165. It was a 6-4 split. I didn’t see a blow-out. If Minni had a true freshmen at ONE of those grad transfer weights...but, yeah, I agree, you wrestle who you wrestle. Just hard to watch Glasgow injured out there. But, even when RU wins, some of you bitch & complain or nit pick about something, you would think RU lost. It just gets tiresome.

Go RU!
Diane

True Diane most of us at least are never satisfied and we have high expectations.I still think the coaches are blowing Glasgow's year - He has no business wrestling in todays' match.They should have protected him regardless if he wanted to be out there or not.If it is true he had surgery a couple of weeks ago then how in the world is he able to compete.He looked in pain and frustrated.Coaches really need to think about this kids future.When healthy he is explosive and I am quite sure he can beat the two opponents in his last match.We need another plan moving forward and I wonder if medical redshirt is possible.

Go RU!
Diane

RU did lose, lol. But we know what you mean. RU put up a great effort. AND our RU W BB team beat Penn St (I watched both at same time, lol).
Diane is one of RU wrestling's best fans (and her husband), and I always look forward to seeing them at a game or match. I even text her during matches sometimes to get her to get on the opposing coaches that she sits next to, lol.

Reactions: RW90 and rondi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT