ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern Game Weather Thread

Sunday's forecast keeps creeping warmer as expected, with listed highs now in the upper 80s to 90F. Humidity will make it a bit muggy with dewpoints in the low/mid 60s, but that's not quite oppressive - but it'll be damn warm in the sun - we'll have our canopy tomorrow and I'll have my hat and sunscreen on. Stay hydrated folks.

Too bad we couldn't have yesterday's or today's weather for the game. Gorgeous day yesterday - spent mostly in the City walking around and then at my wife's sister's rehearsal dinner in the Village. Fantastic little Italian place with superb thin crust pizzas and great pastas (even the grilled salmon was great) called Piacere. And another on tap for today, which is their wedding in JC at Botello's, another fantastic place. Weather is very reminiscent of our wedding day on 9/1/91 - low 70s, low humidity, full sunshine and a light breeze.

Reactions: Section124
Be thankful it’s not the 102 coming to ‘Snowta on Sunday 🤦‍♂️

Speaking of hydration, are unopened bottles of water still allowed to be brought into the stadium? I don't think Rutgers would publicize this, but I'm trying to plan ahead.

I think the rule is you can bring in empty bottles and fill them at the water fountains. That's what my FIL did last year.

Speaking of hydration, are unopened bottles of water still allowed to be brought into the stadium? I don't think Rutgers would publicize this, but I'm trying to plan ahead.
There's a thread on that, and the short answer is no.
I usually tuck 2 or 3 bottles in the back of the waistband of my pants and make sure my shirt covers the bulge (in the back!).

At least with lows in the low 60s tomorrow morning, early tailgates wont be uncomfortable at all. Temps will rise rapidly though by noon but we wont see 90 til 2 or later. Humidity wont be bad at all. More of that dry heat which dehydrates you

Further along highs 90-95 expected Monday through Thursday

Peeking ahead to next weekends game depends on players on the map with a front moving towards us and the logjam in the Atlantic. As of now pretty confident of warmth and temps in 80s during day but shower chance is there. WAAAAY too early to pinpoint unlike Sunday which was a slam dunk to predict 8 days out

At least with lows in the low 60s tomorrow morning, early tailgates wont be uncomfortable at all. Temps will rise rapidly though by noon but we wont see 90 til 2 or later. Humidity wont be bad at all. More of that dry heat which dehydrates you

Peeking ahead to next weekends game depends on players on the map with a front moving towards us and the logjam in the Atlantic. As of now pretty confident of warmth and temps in 80s during day but shower chance is there. WAAAAY too early to pinpoint unlike Sunday which was a slam dunk to predict 8 days out
Great call by R Official Weather Guy!

Hit 90 after 2 pm in New Brunswick

Hot but ive seen worse. Moreso the strength of sun than heat. Humidity levels were low and there was a breeze at times

Hydration was key today and still didnt have enough water in me
Snuck waters into the game in my pants

What are everyones horror stories

Hit 90 after 2 pm in New Brunswick

Hot but ive seen worse. Moreso the strength of sun than heat. Humidity levels were low and there was a breeze at times

Hydration was key today and still didnt have enough water in me
Snuck waters into the game in my pants

What are everyones horror stories
Agree it was hot but bearable, especially for the tailgates, where it didn't really get above 80F until maybe 11 am; the canopy helped too, given the warm sun. No real horror stories from our crew, as we all stayed hydrated and wore sunscreen - there was also enough of a breeze much of the time to take the edge off the heat - also, on the RU side, the sun isn't right on us until the 3Q, whereas it's right on top of most of the rest of the stadium. Was 90F on the car thermometer when I left, but dewpoints in the low 60s definitely kept it from being brutal.

Agree it was a pretty easy forecast given the pattern. Temple is going to be pretty uncertain perhaps up until game time. Just started a thread on it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT