ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern Game Weather Thread

This is where we are at with the dueling weather dudes. No forecast updates, but a lot of this:

chart2.jpg

penisweather.jpg

If you prefer a lot of words to say it’s going to be nice, you can enjoy his threads on TOS. I checked it out earlier and it has 3 views. Numbers is not a meteorologist either so unless one of the real meteorologists on this board wants to take over, I’ll stick with bac to give me what I need to know.
Unless you are paying me a hefty sum to to do so, I will not be using the other site for anything.

Plus, the inevitable bickering that's built into a Numbers weather thread is the main thing that makes a football message board weather forecast worth reading. Loads of laughs 😄

I wouldn't necessarily rule out a run at 90 on Sunday. Looks we are in for a heatwave Labor Day through at least Thursday with highs in the low 90s. Just have to watch if that heat tries to sneak in a day earlier. Certainly Saturday would will be the cooler of the 2 day days with high around 80. So Sunday looking at least mid 80s and a mix of clouds and sun

I wouldn't necessarily rule out a run at 90 on Sunday. Looks we are in for a heatwave Labor Day through at least Thursday with highs in the low 90s. Just have to watch if that heat tries to sneak in a day earlier. Certainly Saturday would will be the cooler of the 2 day days with high around 80. So Sunday looking at least mid 80s and a mix of clouds and sun
Yuck

Agreed, definitely upper 80s to 90F are in play (unless the cooler Canadian is right) for Sunday, but damn, the coming heat wave starting Monday looks serious. GFS has it over 90F every day through the following weekend (the Euro/CMC have it cooling back off to the 80s by late next week), so we may all appreciate that 7:30 pm kickoff for Temple.

814temp.new.gif

It’s the 2nd week of the US Open. It always seems like we get a heat wave this time of year.
Yes it does - my dad used to go every year when he lived in SNJ/SEPA from the 70s though the early 2000s when he moved to FL and he frequently complained about the heat. On the flip side in 1991, we got incredibly lucky, as we had a brutal heat wave through 8/31 and it broke that night just in time for our outdoor wedding on 9/1 - was sunny and 75F with low humidity and a nice breeze. Outdoor weddings are always a risk...

Reactions: Section124
Yes it does - my dad used to go every year when he lived in SNJ/SEPA from the 70s though the early 2000s when he moved to FL and he frequently complained about the heat. On the flip side in 1991, we got incredibly lucky, as we had a brutal heat wave through 8/31 and it broke that night just in time for our outdoor wedding on 9/1 - was sunny and 75F with low humidity and a nice breeze. Outdoor weddings are always a risk...
My wife and I are going tomorrow. Traditionally we always go 2nd week. Hopefully any rain ends early but we have stadium tickets for tomorrows early session.

Reactions: RU848789
As i thought the predicted high temps for Sunday creeping up...now upper 80s

Going to be hawt

Also low to mid 90s next week Monday through at least Thursday could arguably be our worst heatwave of the season

I have 20 90 degrees thus far but logged only 1 in August

Definitely should have some cooling stations either run by Middlesex OEM, Rutgers EMS or RWJBH EMS or a combo of all. Going to need it during the hottest part of the day. And concessions: you’re on notice - don’t run out of water or Powerade. Thank you.

Definitely should have some cooling stations either run by Middlesex OEM, Rutgers EMS or RWJBH EMS or a combo of all. Going to need it during the hottest part of the day. And concessions: you’re on notice - don’t run out of water or Powerade. Thank you.

Whats the bring in your own water policy

Glad I’m going tomorrow and not next week!
We were there yesterday and it turned out to be a gorgeous day. We had tickets for Louis Armstrong near the top of the lower section. Great seats and natural air conditioning. Was funny seeing people fanning themselves in the sun on the other side and we didn't realize how warm it was until we went to watch Azarenka in the Grandstand. For those that have never gone, definitely put on the bucket list.

Not a fan of Arthur Ashe Stadium unless you have seats near the court. So much better in all the other venues (first week). Plus the matchups in AA have been poor this year. 2nd week is a different story.

Reactions: FastMJ
We were there yesterday and it turned out to be a gorgeous day. We had tickets for Louis Armstrong near the top of the lower section. Great seats and natural air conditioning. Was funny seeing people fanning themselves in the sun on the other side and we didn't realize how warm it was until we went to watch Azarenka in the Grandstand. For those that have never gone, definitely put on the bucket list.

Not a fan of Arthur Ashe Stadium unless you have seats near the court. So much better in all the other venues (first week). Plus the matchups in AA have been poor this year. 2nd week is a different story.
Grandstand is the smaller one where you are right on top of the court, right? That was always fun to check out. Ashe is huge, but I would always stop in for a little bit when I had grounds passes because you could always catch a few of the top ranked players there.

Grandstand is the smaller one where you are right on top of the court, right? That was always fun to check out. Ashe is huge, but I would always stop in for a little bit when I had grounds passes because you could always catch a few of the top ranked players there.
If you have not been there in the last 15+ years, Arthur Ashe is the massive stadium where you need tickets. You cannot get in there with General Admission pass. Louis Armstrong is the old stadium and allows General Admission (usually upper deck first week / reserved seating 1st week lower sections). Both have retractable roofs but I prefer LA Stadium since you are on top of the court. The Grandstand is the 3rd largest and like a bowl. ll open. Court 17 is the 4th largest and probably the court you are describing. Those 4 get the best matchup for rounds 1 & 2. That being said, it's fun to go to all the smaller courts (some where you can watch 3-4 matches at the same time). Doubles and juniors will be big on those courts. Have fun if you go tomorrow!

Reactions: FastMJ
If you have not been there in the last 15+ years, Arthur Ashe is the massive stadium where you need tickets. You cannot get in there with General Admission pass. Louis Armstrong is the old stadium and allows General Admission (usually upper deck first week / reserved seating 1st week lower sections). Both have retractable roofs but I prefer LA Stadium since you are on top of the court. The Grandstand is the 3rd largest and like a bowl. ll open. Court 17 is the 4th largest and probably the court you are describing. Those 4 get the best matchup for rounds 1 & 2. That being said, it's fun to go to all the smaller courts (some where you can watch 3-4 matches at the same time). Doubles and juniors will be big on those courts. Have fun if you go tomorrow!
The last time I went was 2014 or 2015. Thanks for info!

Yup just as i predicted earlier in the week, progged high now around 90.

The tailgate will be the most comfortable part of the day. Expect that high of 90 to be hit toward games end.

It gone be hot. We roast!

Reactions: G- RUnit
For 20+ years I'd go to Myrtle for golf in mid August. Upper 80's would cause a freeze warning lol.
Upper 80s right now would make daily headlines…as it turns out 97-99 now and complete non-news worthy. We had thunderstorms with that little low that hit south Texas and you would have thought dollar bills were raining down!

Of course when we hit the low 30s, they have love shots of all the giant elevated ramps…that you would laugh at!

Enjoy the heat and Best NU!

Yup just as i predicted earlier in the week, progged high now around 90.

The tailgate will be the most comfortable part of the day. Expect that high of 90 to be hit toward games end.

It gone be hot. We roast!
When we had that first big win against MSU years ago thought we handled heat better than MSU.
Hope same against NW.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT