ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio St- Nebraska odds

Rutgersfamily

Freshman
Sep 2, 2018
I watch a lot of college BBall, but don’t bet it a lot. However Ohio St jumps off the page to me being only a 5.5 point favorite. They have few losses recently, but not by tons. Nebraska has gotten beaten pretty badly in some of their losses. What’s your thoughts on putting a few bucks on Ohio State??

My model is still pretty high on Ohio St and only has them as a 6 point favorite. I don't think 5.5 is a slam dunk. Nebraska is not that bad and they are at home.

Game is at Nebraska. Tough to win on the road in the B1G.

When it comes to gambling, I take my advice from Sky Masterson (Guys and Dolls):

• Sky Masterson : One of these days in your travels, a guy is going to show you a brand-new deck of cards on which the seal is not yet broken. Then this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the jack of spades jump out of this brand-new deck of cards and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not accept this bet, because as sure as you stand there, you're going to wind up with an ear full of cider.

Nebraska up 5-2 very early in the game.

OSU must be tired. An OT game with us on the heels of a devastating loss at home to Purdue, must be difficult to overcome. I'm hoping they can summon up enough energy to prevail in this one, which would be good for RU since we've played them twice already and will only play Nebraska once.

Wow, both teams are looking bad. Not even great D so much as impatience and bad finishing by the rim.

Go OSU. We will NOT lose a tiebreaker to them. Should root for all such teams - Purdue, Northwestern, Maryland, OSU, Indiana, as much as that last one pains me

Watching this game, I am surprised by how quiet their arena is in a close game against OSU.

I can hear individual fans shouting out, like this is really quiet.

When it comes to gambling, I take my advice from Sky Masterson (Guys and Dolls):

• Sky Masterson : One of these days in your travels, a guy is going to show you a brand-new deck of cards on which the seal is not yet broken. Then this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the jack of spades jump out of this brand-new deck of cards and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not accept this bet, because as sure as you stand there, you're going to wind up with an ear full of cider.
Meh, this is good in general, but winning at sports betting is absolutely possible. The issue is at most sites you will quickly get limited to very small bets if they figure out you can win.

Reactions: mikebal9
Bad weather supposedly.

OSU is struggling. They need to win this one for us and for them.
Lancaster County
3:46 PM CST Wed, Jan 18, 2023

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST THURSDAY... ...WINTER STORM WARNING IS CANCELLED..
* WHAT...Mixed precipitation. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 5 inches and ice accumulations of a light glaze. Winds gusting as high as 35 mph.
* WHERE...Portions of southwest Iowa and east central and southeast Nebraska.
* WHEN...Until 6 AM CST Thursday.
* IMPACTS...Isolated power outages and tree damage are possible due to the ice. Travel could be hazardous.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
Slow down and use caution while traveling.
The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT