ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2019-20 NY Yankees Offseason "Hot Stove" Thread

Why not? He sucked at 3rd.

So he’ll be better at 1st? They’re not gunna have him learn a new position in an offseason where he’s coming off shoulder surgery. He’ll probably barely play 3rd. He’ll mostly be a DH.

So he’ll be better at 1st? They’re not gunna have him learn a new position in an offseason where he’s coming off shoulder surgery. He’ll probably barely play 3rd also. He’ll mostly be a DH.
I’m thinking Andujar’s best position might be third base.....for the Mets.

So he’ll be better at 1st? They’re not gunna have him learn a new position in an offseason where he’s coming off shoulder surgery. He’ll probably barely play 3rd. He’ll mostly be a DH.
He couldn't throw before he tore his labrum. It's not gonna be better now. He's a 1b or DH.

Please fill me in I must have missed
Something. Let go?
I think they mean that Didi wasn't given a qualifying offer. I think. Maybe.

If he hadn't gotten hurt, he would probably still be a Yankee with a longterm deal. Now they can just wait out the market and see if they want to bring him back.

I think they mean that Didi wasn't given a qualifying offer. I think. Maybe.

If he hadn't gotten hurt, he would probably still be a Yankee with a longterm deal. Now they can just wait out the market and see if they want to bring him back.
thanks

Like Stanton?
Stanton wasn't brought in to keep him from going to a rival team. The Yankees and Dodgers were the only teams he was willing to be traded to. He wasn't going to any other AL team let alone a rival.

Please fill me in I must have missed
Something. Let go?

J.D could be thinking all the big time money this year is going to be spent on pitching and quality hitters won't bring what he is already getting. Only thing I can think of. I doubt it's for the love of Boston.

Didi's defense is starting to suffer, imo, and his $$$ needs to go towards starting pitching.

But with him gone, it magnifies the need to get a HR bat from the left side to play 1B or LF. My preference would be Josh Donaldsen or Moustakos. They're not natural 1B, but if you can play 3B, you can play 1B. The NYY lineup is just way too heavy with RH bats.

If they don't get Cole/Strasburg/MadBum... Odorizzi/Wheeler might be options. Ryu probably stays on the West Coast.

Didi's defense is starting to suffer, imo, and his $$$ needs to go towards starting pitching.

But with him gone, it magnifies the need to get a HR bat from the left side to play 1B or LF. My preference would be Josh Donaldsen or Moustakos. They're not natural 1B, but if you can play 3B, you can play 1B. The NYY lineup is just way too heavy with RH bats.

If they don't get Cole/Strasburg/MadBum... Odorizzi/Wheeler might be options.

Donaldson is a righty. Moustakas is interesting if they plan on playing Stanton a lot in LF.

Reactions: MitchLL
Donaldson is a righty. Moustakas is interesting if they plan on playing Stanton a lot in LF.

Then you trade for Votto/Hosmer? Unless they think Ford is a viable option.
Stanton is a defensive liabilty, just put Taughman/BG out there.

Then you trade for Votto/Hosmer? Unless they think Ford is a viable option.
Stanton is a defensive liabilty, just put Taughman/BG out there.

Stanton is a fine fielder as long as he’s healthy. Obviously that was a big question with him this year though. Hosmer isn’t going anywhere he has a huge contract with San Diego. Votto was someone I was always interested in but I think he’s started to decline too much at this point in his career to be worth it.

Edit: Yea I just checked Votto’s contract. He’s owed $25 mill per year through 2023. That’s an un-moveable contract at this point.

David Cone next pitching coach?? He interviewed for the job a few days ago.

Stanton is a fine fielder as long as he’s healthy. Obviously that was a big question with him this year though. Hosmer isn’t going anywhere he has a huge contract with San Diego. Votto was someone I was always interested in but I think he’s started to decline too much at this point in his career to be worth it.

Edit: Yea I just checked Votto’s contract. He’s owed $25 mill per year through 2023. That’s an un-moveable contract at this point.
Still think NYY needs a LH bat at 1B. It might be risky, but a change of scenery for Chris Davis might be in the cards if they could get the Orioles to pay half the remaining contract. He's relatively young enough.

Still think NYY needs a LH bat at 1B. It might be risky, but a change of scenery for Chris Davis might be in the cards if they could get the Orioles to pay half the remaining contract. He's relatively young enough.
WTF!?!?!?!?!?!? Chris Davis?

giphy.gif

WTF!?!?!?!?!?!? Chris Davis?

giphy.gif
Trying to be creative here. As long as Didi isn't coming back, the lineup needs at least one, preferably two, LH power bats. This lineup has way too many RH hitters imo.
Before Rizzo signed that extension, he was my first choice. Give the Cubs two high level prospects

If they don't get Cole/Strasburg/MadBum... Odorizzi/Wheeler might be options. Ryu probably stays on the West Coast.
You still have Greg Bird.

Good moves. 40-man roster deadline is tonight:

The Yankees have released outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury and designated first baseman Greg Bird for assignment as part of a series of roster moves. The club has also designated left-hander Nestor Cortes and added six players – outfielder Estevan Florial and right-handers Deivi Garcia, Brooks Kriske, Luis Medina, Nick Nelson and Miguel Yajure – to its 40-man roster.

Votto is done as a star player.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Good moves. 40-man roster deadline is tonight:

The Yankees have released outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury and designated first baseman Greg Bird for assignment as part of a series of roster moves. The club has also designated left-hander Nestor Cortes and added six players – outfielder Estevan Florial and right-handers Deivi Garcia, Brooks Kriske, Luis Medina, Nick Nelson and Miguel Yajure – to its 40-man roster.
Wow, they released Ellsbury? So they're going to have to eat the full $21mm due him next year plus $5mm the next for his buyout. I guess Cash finally bowed to the reality that he was never going to be able to be traded to recoup even a fraction of that money, or they really, really needed the extra 40-man spot. Bird DFA not too surprising after all the injuries.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Wow, they released Ellsbury? So they're going to have to eat the full $21mm due him next year plus $5mm the next for his buyout. I guess Cash finally bowed to the reality that he was never going to be able to be traded to recoup even a fraction of that money, or they really, really needed the extra 40-man spot. Bird DFA not too surprising after all the injuries.
Don't want to waste a spot on the 40 and put a young prospect at risk.

All I was saying is that if the Yankees get at least half of Votto's contract paid in a trade, it's lower risk. Somewhere... they HAVE TO FIND a power hitting LH first basemen.
Mike Ford.

A friend of mine who is a Bosux fan told me we'd regret signing Ellsbury back when he first became a Yankee.
It turns out he was right and whatever Yankee made the decision to sign him for that kind of money was wrong....$26 million wrong.

I get this bad feeling that this will looking like nothing when they have to eat years of Stanton's contract.

I’m thinking Andujar’s best position might be third base.....for the Mets.

If only you could turn back the clocks...Last year at this time, Andujar and Frazier were untouchables and if the Yankees had started trade talks with the two of them, they easily could be sitting with very good 2 or 3 pitcher in the rotation. Someone like Noah S. who could still turn into an Ace at some point.

Now, I do not think the Yankees would hesitate to trade either one or both.

I get this bad feeling that this will looking like nothing when they have to eat years of Stanton's contract.
If Stanton stays healthy, he will still be good for a .280 30-40 HR's for the next 3 years at least. Yeah- 180K's and what seems like no big hits, plus handcuffing the Yankees a bit but...he will still put up enough numbers to keep a lot of pitchers honest.
Would love to compare Stanton vs Harper for the next 3 years. I have a feeling they will be very similar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT