ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ACC might want to settle instead of going to court

every academic argument is out the window with nebraska and oregon. I'm telling you right now, if we expanded today and nebraska was on the board, they'd get left out. timing matters
I don’t even mind talking academics, it’s inaccurate generalizations with info, readily available at our fingertips which baffles me

Reactions: RUTGERS95
all nada

the relevant question is this; are other joining the lawsuit as indicated earlier?

and yes, 2 other schools have sent reps in to see view the docs

ACC trying to maximize the ~570 Million buyout as of this year.....

They clearly know FSU is leaving..... Scorched earth....

ACC knows losing FSU for cheap will result in other defections. So they will not negotiate for pennies... they want it all.

• Haha
Reactions: Foads
"Trade Secrets"

From who, ACC or ESPN? Because ESPN has the ACC by the balls 🤪

BOT meeting re. raising the exit fee money

From what I've heard, they're willing to settle for 60-80 million, whereas the ACC wants closer to 200 million

BOT meeting re. raising the exit fee money

From what I've heard, they're willing to settle for 60-80 million, whereas the ACC wants closer to 200 million

Whatever the amount is,
200 Mil, 120 Mil, FSU should just pay it, unless they can negotiate a smaller payment. They’ll make up the amount in two years. Preferable to pay than go through discovery.

Whatever the amount is,
200 Mil, 120 Mil, FSU should just pay it, unless they can negotiate a smaller payment. They’ll make up the amount in two years. Preferable to pay than go through discovery.
A settlement is most likely as the ACC does not want this to into discovery phase
A lot of their skeletons will come out of the closet, and they're not pretty

I'd like to see this get settled quickly so we can begin B1G / SEC play sooner rather than later, but if it's going to save us 100 million, it's better to hold off a little while longer

Reactions: rutgersal
Looks like the Carolina schools may be tied at the hip, ala the Virginia schools

just remember where you heard nc state to sec first lol

they both need a home but what is interesting is that if BIG or SEC came calling for one, no way the board says no as they won't see both schools lose that much money. Dissolution of the ACC as we know it, will already materially impact the rev of the member schools

FSU in New Brunswick in November is going to be fun!

just remember where you heard nc state to sec first lol

they both need a home but what is interesting is that if BIG or SEC came calling for one, no way the board says no as they won't see both schools lose that much money. Dissolution of the ACC as we know it, will already materially impact the rev of the member schools

FSU in New Brunswick in November is going to be fun!
I long for the day that NJ fights for Rutgers like VA/NC/FL fight for their state schools

I'd rather see FSU vs. Rutgers in September - that way, I don't have to wear 94 layers of clothes and can actually enjoy the game instead of fighting for survival !!

A settlement is most likely as the ACC does not want this to into discovery phase
A lot of their skeletons will come out of the closet, and they're not pretty

I'd like to see this get settled quickly so we can begin B1G / SEC play sooner rather than later, but if it's going to save us 100 million, it's better to hold off a little while longer
So are you saying that Florida State can still go to the SEC? Just wondering on how you phrased it above.

I long for the day that NJ fights for Rutgers like VA/NC/FL fight for their state schools

I'd rather see FSU vs. Rutgers in September - that way, I don't have to wear 94 layers of clothes and can actually enjoy the game instead of fighting for survival !!
me too and most of these nimrods don't get that. If NJ fought for RU the way other states do for their schools then RU would be top 10 in everything right now.

but the NC news is not unexpected, merely means both schools have to be aligned to a degree on future paths. What I find interesting is that if UNC has a chance for BIG/sec and NC State has no options, do they blink?

So are you saying that Florida State can still go to the SEC? Just wondering on how you phrased it above.
I wouldn’t totally rule it out, but I’d put my money on the B1G

Two high connected people in the athletics dept both stated to me they’d “be shocked if the SEC ultimately let the B1G come into the state of Florida and poach FSU”

Everything is lining up nicely for the B1G though - and if I were a betting man, that’s where I think they’ll end up in 1-2 years

me too and most of these nimrods don't get that. If NJ fought for RU the way other states do for their schools then RU would be top 10 in everything right now.

but the NC news is not unexpected, merely means both schools have to be aligned to a degree on future paths. What I find interesting is that if UNC has a chance for BIG/sec and NC State has no options, do they blink?
I would think they’d have to if a bill was passed esentually saying neither school can get left behind

Money always wins out in these instances

I would think they’d have to if a bill was passed esentually saying neither school can get left behind

Money always wins out in these instances
agree, it's just theater as no way will they allow both vs only 1 to be left behind. NC State will remain in new ACC or B12 at worst but I still think the SEC could grab them and go west for AZ.

agree, it's just theater as no way will they allow both vs only 1 to be left behind. NC State will remain in new ACC or B12 at worst but I still think the SEC could grab them and go west for AZ.
Nobody’s really discussed the AZ play
Sun Devils are doing big things academic wise and are sleeping giant of sorts athletic wise
Wonder if they’re tied at the hip w UA

I think the question is will the SEC Blink.

SEC appears to want UNC no matter what. And UVA would be a perfect companion.
Does the SEC
  • Blink and take NCState or do they push back and say one or nothing. We want UNC and UVA
  • Just take all 4 VA and NC schools. Doubt this, but it is both an offensive and defensive move.
  • Take the route of BIGger is not better and say, we the entire South and best recruiting grounds. Let the Big get to 24, they will fail
A higher % of folks believe UNC is SEC lean. Lets say they are wrong...
Does the
  • BIG then go UNC, FSU and wait
  • BIG go UVA, Miami ( or ND in lieu of one of them) along with the above and go to 22
  • SEC go NCState and a VA school

Does
  • Clemson have a home
  • If 4-6 teams leave does the Pitt, Louisville and the best of the rest try to get into the Big12 or rebuild the ACC, maybe with OregonSt, WashSt, Tulane and others?

Can't see the SEC going past 20. They might stay at 18

Lets just say a NC and VA school adds significant value to both the BIG10 and SEC
We have
  1. ND
  2. UNC
  3. FSU
  4. UVA
  5. NCSt
  6. Vtec
  7. Miami
  8. Clemson
There is no case for a 9. Maybe ASU. There is Definitely Zero case for a 10th. Some would say the cases end at 6 and the rest are defensive moves of some type.

With the BIG at 18 and the SEC at 16, 4 each means 22 and 20. No need to kill the Big 12. They are of no consequence.

I think BIG ends at 22 and SEC at 18(SEC took 2 NC or 1 NC/VA while the BIG took FSU/ND and 2 of what is left)
OR
both at 20 (SEC took all NC and VA schools while BIG took FSU and ND)

There was information withheld that they did not find out about until they went to the office with their attorneys to view the grant of rights

Nobody in the right mind would stick around in a conference like that if information that pertinent was withheld, in addition to the yearly revenue discrepancy
So let me get this right. They signed the GOR without reading it first?

Reactions: Leonard23
So let me get this right. They signed the GOR without reading it first?
My understanding is they read it, and things were then changed without school's knowledge (ESPN out in 2027, etc.)

Additionally, the fundamental point of the contract was the league was supposed to take care of its members and negiotiate the best $ deals on their behalf

Not only didn't they do that, they colluded w/Swofford's son to give Raycom a sweetheart deal (to the betterment of them and the determinant of the ACC)

I think the question is will the SEC Blink.

SEC appears to want UNC no matter what. And UVA would be a perfect companion.
Does the SEC
  • Blink and take NCState or do they push back and say one or nothing. We want UNC and UVA
  • Just take all 4 VA and NC schools. Doubt this, but it is both an offensive and defensive move.
  • Take the route of BIGger is not better and say, we the entire South and best recruiting grounds. Let the Big get to 24, they will fail
A higher % of folks believe UNC is SEC lean. Lets say they are wrong...
Does the
  • BIG then go UNC, FSU and wait
  • BIG go UVA, Miami ( or ND in lieu of one of them) along with the above and go to 22
  • SEC go NCState and a VA school

Does
  • Clemson have a home
  • If 4-6 teams leave does the Pitt, Louisville and the best of the rest try to get into the Big12 or rebuild the ACC, maybe with OregonSt, WashSt, Tulane and others?
From what I’ve gathered, in order of preference

1. ND
2. Carolina
3, FSU

VA/VT locked at hip per VA state law, same w unc / nc state (doesn’t mean both schools have to end up in the same conference, just means one can’t get left behind like Oklahoma did to Oklahoma State)

Regarding Clemson, I don’t think there’s any possible way to get left out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT