ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ACC might want to settle instead of going to court

I gotta say, as someone who is not really digging into all of the FSU/ACC drama, the pro-FSU posters on here certainly come across as a bunch of wishcasters,

FSU dominated ACC football from 1992-2005 but they've won the conference title 4x in the last 18 seasons. I'd say the days of FSU "carrying" the league by and large ended a long time ago.

Championships since the start of the 2006 season:

Clemson 8
Florida State 4
Virginia Tech 3
Georgia Tech 1
Pittsburgh 1
Wake Forest 1
no dog in the ACC discussion but I'd sign up right now for 22% conference titles over the next 18yrs!

Reactions: cicero grimes
Wishcasting in what way?

Ive said repeatedly that they will be out in one or two years, and stand by that.

Based on the lawsuit and other factors which have come the light, there’s no reason to think otherwise.

If you don’t think 17 league titles, 6 title game appearances (not even going to mention the playoff debacle this year, ) 3 nattys, 3 Heismans in 31 years isn’t carrying the conference, I don’t know what to tell you

They’ve won the league more than half the time they’ve been in there, that’s the textbook definition of dominance

Never mind the CWS title, multiple soccer titles, ratings through the roof, all Americans out the ass, top 10 brand, 2nd all time winningest coach, 14 straight top 5 finishes (actually top four, but in fairness, five of those happened while they were independent)

Starting in 2006 is akin to comparing Yankees and Red Sox World Series titles and beginning in 2004

Congratulations to Clemson, The finally stepped up and reached Pinnacle. They had all this potential all these years, and finally realized it, that’s a credit to Debbo, and the culture there, where everybody was all in.
would take that success in a heartbeat

would take that success in a heartbeat
That’s the thing that people don’t get, if they don’t leave the league ASAP all that hard work and success will go down the shitter sooner rather than later

You can’t be $40-$50 million behind your peers over the next 13 years and fall 500 to 600,000,000 behind and expect to be competitive, it is just not possible

Reactions: Caliknight
That’s the thing that people don’t get, if they don’t leave the league ASAP all that hard work and success will go down the shitter sooner rather than later

You can’t be $40-$50 million behind your peers over the next 13 years and fall 500 to 600,000,000 behind and expect to be competitive, it is just not possible
well this board does have a reputation for being less than bright lol

Always said one or more schools will leave the Acc and they will not give up their GOR to do it.

They will pay a fee that is much less and they will be gone.

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Always said one or more schools will leave the Acc and they will not give up their GOR to do it.

They will pay a fee that is much less and they will be gone.
Yep, that’s why it makes sense for the ACC to settle instead of getting all of their misdeeds exposed and then getting a lot less money initially than they’d be getting if they would play ball

need 12 votes to disband the ACC without paying through the nose to leave
I think FSU and Clemson need to get a go fund me from their boosters.
Or hope bringing in SMU , California and Stanford will make the TV pot close to
what the B1G & SEC TV revenue is and that's not really a realistic hope.

You do realize when the signed it, they were told it extended until 2036 (no mention of the 2027 opt out was mentioned). By all accounts, that’s not legal

Additionally, it was signed in good faith under the guise of the league, doing everything I could to keep up with the Big Ten and SEC

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve realize the ACC has not kept their end of the bargain in that regard

No matter, though, we will be out of the league in the next year or two, and all this bluster by the ACC will all be for naught
What's not legal. If it's in writing in the contract then it's legal. If they believed tall tails from ESPN that's on FSU and the conference. Shame on FSU and the ACC for being stupid.

need 12 votes to disband the ACC without paying through the nose to leave
I think FSU and Clemson need to get a go fund me from their boosters.
Or hope bringing in SMU , California and Stanford will make the TV pot close to
what the B1G & SEC TV revenue is and that's not really a realistic hope.
I’d assume the lawsuit supersedes the 12 votes (meaning they’ll take their chances without the others on board)

What's not legal. If it's in writing in the contract then it's legal. If they believed tall tails from ESPN that's on FSU and the conference. Shame on FSU and the ACC for being stupid.
I would think intentionally omitting pertenient facts would be deemed illegal

That and the Acc not holding up their end if the bargain in multiple ways and acting unscrupulous on multiple fronts makes settling before this goes to trial the prudent move on their end

Wishcasting in what way?

Ive said repeatedly that they will be out in one or two years, and stand by that.

Based on the lawsuit and other factors which have come the light, there’s no reason to think otherwise.

If you don’t think 17 league titles, 6 title game appearances (not even going to mention the playoff debacle this year, ) 3 nattys, 3 Heismans in 31 years isn’t carrying the conference, I don’t know what to tell you

They’ve won the league more than half the time they’ve been in there, that’s the textbook definition of dominance

Never mind the CWS title, multiple soccer titles, ratings through the roof, all Americans out the ass, top 10 brand, 2nd all time winningest coach, 14 straight top 5 finishes (actually top four, but in fairness, five of those happened while they were independent)

Starting in 2006 is akin to comparing Yankees and Red Sox World Series titles and beginning in 2004

Congratulations to Clemson, The finally stepped up and reached Pinnacle. They had all this potential all these years, and finally realized it, that’s a credit to Debbo, and the culture there, where everybody was all in.
I knew I'd get a response like this.

Wishcasting in terms of posting with an attitude "FSU is perfectly in the right in all things, the ACC should thank their lucky stars they were graced with our presence for 30 years, the lawsuit is 100% going to be ruled on in FSU's favor if the ACC is dumb enough to take this to court and not settle ASAP".

Frankly, the lengthy replies and FSU fansplaining (is that a word?) you pump out repeatedly on this board make me want FSU in the B1G less, because I fear FSU fans will end up as the B1G's version of how people see Texas - a school that feels entitled to special treatment by their conference. (We already have Ohio State and Michigan for that.)

I acknowledged that prior to the 2006 season, football was Florida State and the eight dwarfs. FSU's football dominance over 20 years is as relevant today as Nebraska's former dominance. Granted they are on the upswing again.

Nobody cares about any Olympic sport when it comes to realignment. Nobody. The only other sport that matters at all is men's basketball, and even that is small potatoes to football. Off the field, it's all about who will bring TV $$.

I will likely go back to just lurking on this topic now and seeing how things play out.

I knew I'd get a response like this.

Wishcasting in terms of posting with an attitude "FSU is perfectly in the right in all things, the ACC should thank their lucky stars they were graced with our presence for 30 years, the lawsuit is 100% going to be ruled on in FSU's favor if the ACC is dumb enough to take this to court and not settle ASAP".

Frankly, the lengthy replies and FSU fansplaining (is that a word?) you pump out repeatedly on this board make me want FSU in the B1G less, because I fear FSU fans will end up as the B1G's version of how people see Texas - a school that feels entitled to special treatment by their conference. (We already have Ohio State and Michigan for that.)

I acknowledged that prior to the 2006 season, football was Florida State and the eight dwarfs. FSU's football dominance over 20 years is as relevant today as Nebraska's former dominance. Granted they are on the upswing again.

Nobody cares about any Olympic sport when it comes to realignment. Nobody. The only other sport that matters at all is men's basketball, and even that is small potatoes to football. Off the field, it's all about who will bring TV $$.

I will likely go back to just lurking on this topic now and seeing how things play out.
Never said FSU was right in all things

If they had component people in charge, signing the GOR extension may never have happened, and if it did under the guise of the league holding up their end of the bargain, they’d have made noise much sooner rather than wait this long

Never said it’ll be ruled 100 % in FSU’s favor. That would mean they’d pay zero?
Which, I think we’d all agree, is highly unlikely

Yes, the same corrupt & arrogant Acc that let things get this far, doesn’t want this going to court. Read the lawsuit, and you’ll see why

Nebby hasn’t won a ship in ~25 years and has largely been pedestrian for their standards once Tom left

FSU has won 2 in that span, played in 2 more title games and should have made the playoffs this year

I’m all aware this is a football conversation in that Olympic sportsman squad, I’m really pointing out what they brought to the table as an athletic department as a whole

If we just want to focus on football, the aforementioned accolades speak for themselves, and would match up against anyone, not named Alabama (or UF title wise) across that same timeframe

If you know, FSU fans at all, you know that we are nothing like Texas.

We were fine for the first 30 years of the ACC, despite essentially carrying that shitty league,, and have only recently begun making noise due to the untenable money discrepancy that the ACC refused to do anything about, which would’ve buried our athletic department, and more importantly, our football program.

You want Texas like arrogance, see Michigan, UF, Notre Dame, etc

You want a solid program (admitelly, not a blue blood) with kickass history, awesome traditions and fans that love to have fun, that’s FSU

It’s just common sense and math put together, nobody’s going to stick around with that kind of deficit if they have any hopes of remaining competitive
which is lacking

we have people here who believe the ACC actually offered Rutgers and we said no a full year before the BIG came calling. you can't make this up

which is lacking

we have people here who believe the ACC actually offered Rutgers and we said no a full year before the BIG came calling. you can't make this up
By that logic, we’d have remained in the AAC instead of going to the ACC

which is lacking

I don't think they offered, but Rutgers wasn't applying either.
Informal talks yes, but offer and rejection . I doubt it
Rutgers was probably trying to get in the B1G and taking unofficially with them about membership.

Reactions: satnom

That definitely sounds like a “You” problem.

GO RU

Reactions: ClkwrkOrange
Wishcasting in what way?

And even with all that success there’s a chance the BIG may take a pass because FSU is not an AAU institution and SEC as well because the conference already has a strong presence in FL with UF.

No one knows the probability of FSU being invited to either P2 conferences.

GO RU

Reactions: ClkwrkOrange
I would think intentionally omitting pertenient facts would be deemed illegal

That and the Acc not holding up their end if the bargain in multiple ways and acting unscrupulous on multiple fronts makes settling before this goes to trial the prudent move on their end
Pertinent facts? Omitting? That is an FSU/ACC problem. They probably used lawyers without much experience. Accepting a contract from bad lawyers lacking details isn't the fault of ESPN or the ACC. FSU got lazy.

That definitely sounds like a “You” problem.

GO RU
Certainly didn’t hurt us this year, kicked ass all the way up to the Georgia game when 29 guys opted out

Definitely won’t hurt us next year, top 10 recruiting class and a bunch of blue chip transfers coming in

Start getting beyond 2026, that’s when it could be become an issue

And even with all that success there’s a chance the BIG may take a pass because FSU is not an AAU institution and SEC as well because the conference already has a strong presence in FL with UF.

GO RU
If you think they’ve gone through all this public bluster without an assurance of an invite to one of those two conferences, you are sadly mistaken

Pertinent facts? Omitting? That is an FSU/ACC problem. They probably used lawyers without much experience. Accepting a contract from bad lawyers lacking details isn't the fault of ESPN or the ACC. FSU got lazy.
Absolutely got lazy
And complacent
Yet will still end up in the Big Ten or SEC within the next one to two years

If it’s the big 10, you should stop by our tailgate for the inaugural game in PWay

We’ll consume that beer you didn’t want to have at the pinstripe bowl

Absolutely got lazy
And complacent
Yet will still end up in the Big Ten or SEC within the next one to two years

If it’s the big 10, you should stop by our tailgate for the inaugural game in PWay

We’ll consume that beer you didn’t want to have at the pinstripe bowl
First I have no problem getting actually great beer cheaper then the crap served at stadiums. Or you could provide so..
You are on a soap box but you agree that FSU f-ed up. Ever hear of buyer beware? FSU f-ed up. And the crap about DeSantis you posted is hysterical.

GO RU

The same folks who predicted

- that the PAC12 was screwed And would get no money
- Colorado the first to leave
- that Fox was interested in the Pacific NW and would pay
- that Arizona St and Utah would begrudgingly join the Big12

......weeks/months before there was any mention of it in RU forums or national media outlets/Twitter

Are saying
- Big10 will go for FSU the moment legal hurdles are addressed. Whether 2026 or 2036
- SEC and Big10 are all in on UNC

The fate of UVA, NCSt, VT, Miami, Clemson depend on how the domino's above fall.

So while there is a chance nothing happens, only folks who don't want the above to happen and prefer the status quo are saying it won't.

The only thing insiders can't agree upon are how many total teams leave for the power 2 and which ones. But again, that is because everything depends on what UNC does... and they won't do anything until FSU wins/loses/pays to get out.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
If you think they’ve gone through all this public bluster without an assurance of an invite to one of those two conferences, you are sadly mistaken
So you mean FSU isn't willing to pay 200M+ to join the Big12 to only make 100-150M more if that?

Of course they know they have a spot in at least one of the power 2.

First I have no problem getting actually great beer cheaper then the crap served at stadiums. Or you could provide so..
You are on a soap box but you agree that FSU f-ed up. Ever hear of buyer beware? FSU f-ed up. And the crap about DeSantis you posted is hysterical.
Cool

Hopefully the rain won’t keep you away, or you won’t have a birthday party - if you do, bring plenty of balloons and make sure to leave with a goody bag !!

Yes, fsu was asleep at the wheel
Still doesn’t excuse what the ACC did (and didn’t do)

Doubtful it gets to RDS’s level. As stated in thread title, it’s in the ACCs best interest to settle, and selection

If it does get to Rons level,, hel do what Governors in states that actually value their schools do… make moves to benefit those institutions and likewise, the state itself

So you mean FSU isn't willing to pay 200M+ to join the Big12 to only make 100-150M more if that?

Of course they know they have a spot in at least one of the power 2.
Math, common sense and a little bit of knowledge about college athletics sound indicate yes

A few knuckleheads on here though are convinced otherwise

Cool

Hopefully the rain won’t keep you away, or you won’t have a birthday party - if you do, bring plenty of balloons and make sure to leave with a goody bag !!

Yes, fsu was asleep at the wheel
Still doesn’t excuse what the ACC did (and didn’t do)

Doubtful it gets to RDS’s level. As stated in thread title, it’s in the ACCs best interest to settle, and selection

If it does get to Rons level,, hel do what Governors in states that actually value their schools do… make moves to benefit those institutions and likewise, the state itself
No it doesn't excuse FSU from being stupid. They signed a contract willing.
I've been to more college games then you have so stop your shit. When you get to 38 years of non stop Rutgers games (oh that's right you're an FSU fan and a fake RU fan.) Sleeping over night in the Blue Lot and Scarlet lot with the white bus and the Grumman RV. Let me know when you catch up. Hate fake RU fans. The Big Ten would be stupid to take a marginal academic university

I've been to more college games then you have so stop your shit. When you get to 38 years of non stop Rutgers games (oh that's right you're an FSU fan and a fake RU fan.) Sleeping over night in the Blue Lot and Scarlet lot with the white bus and the Grumman RV. Let me know when you catch up. Hate fake RU fans. The Big Ten would be stupid to take a marginal academic university
then what do you call Nebraska and Oregon?
FSU ranked 53 which puts them at #9 in the BIG

Any reputable conference is not going to intentionally with withhold information from their members

This is a multi billion dollar industry we’re talking about here, not some rec football league were teams poach guys from other towns

There’s nothing fake about me, I’m an FSU fan first and Rutgers fan second.

I have season tickets for four sports and donate to both NIL collectives

Since you have ample time to post (impressive post count), you should do a little bit of research on what the defines a marginal academic university and you’ll see that the Noles fit about right inside the middle of the pack of the Big Ten

Congratulations on your 38 years. If you’re at the point in life where going to birthday parties means more, that’s you right.

I’m at 24 years splitting time between Tallahassee & Piscataway.

I guess if I say it a couple more times, people on an anonymous message board will be impressed.

Maybe I’ll get a trophy
Perhaps a cookie
Or a goodie bag

I’d assume the lawsuit supersedes the 12 votes (meaning they’ll take their chances without the others on board)
Are you forgetting that the ACC is just a collection of 18 schools? The ACC is not a thing by itself, unless it is different from other conferences. As far as I know, there is no ACC that can make decisions and take actions without the vote of the members.

Are you forgetting that the ACC is just a collection of 18 schools? The ACC is not a thing by itself, unless it is different from other conferences. As far as I know, there is no ACC that can make decisions and take actions without the vote of the members.
Yeah, but for the lawsuit, the other schools are not joining it. It is FSU versus the ACC. Therefore, I don’t see how a certain number of those could be required or needed as they are suing the league to get out eventually.

Any reputable conference is not going to intentionally with withhold information from their members

This is a multi billion dollar industry we’re talking about here, not some rec football league were teams poach guys from other towns

There’s nothing fake about me, I’m an FSU fan first and Rutgers fan second.

I have season tickets for four sports and donate to both NIL collectives

Since you have ample time to post (impressive post count), you should do a little bit of research on what the defines a marginal academic university and you’ll see that the Noles fit about right inside the middle of the pack of the Big Ten

Congratulations on your 38 years. If you’re at the point in life where going to birthday parties means more, that’s you right.

I’m at 24 years splitting time between Tallahassee & Piscataway.

I guess if I say it a couple more times, people on an anonymous message board will be impressed.

Maybe I’ll get a trophy
Perhaps a cookie
Or a goodie bag
You talk a lot of crap. You aren't a full time Rutgers fan. A side team to you. FSU is your favorite so just admit it. Please get back to me when you hit 38 years. You have a long way to go. Funny you want to FSU to get in the Big Ten.
Impressive posts?? I've been on here a long time. You are a rookie here and secondary fake RU fan. You ever watch the sun rise over Rutgers Stadium? Have you ever seen deer walk through the the Yellow Lot and past the Blue Lot at 4am? You ever play football in college? You are just a southern guy full of hot air. Probably a fan of Paul Finebaum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT