ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone been to the Jersey Shore yet

OC has some of the best surfing in NJ. There is a reason that a town this small has 6 surf shops with another opening up soon

You can have your wide boardwalks and fancy bridges but you're never going to be the capital of NJ surfing as long as Inlet Beach is around.

Now if you want to talk a trade of NYers for a few Philly folks, call me.

Reactions: WhiteBus
You can have your wide boardwalks and fancy bridges but you're never going to be the capital of NJ surfing as long as Inlet Beach is around.

NO NO NO we're not going to infect my summer with PA people we have enough of them in Hoboken/JC as is.

TBH I think there's way more North Jersey people than NYC people in town.

NO NO NO we're not going to infect my summer with PA people we have enough of them in Hoboken/JC as is.

TBH I think there's way more North Jersey people than NYC people in town.

Isn't 1 too many? Driving down a side street yesterday I saw 5 out of 6 cars parked at adjoining houses had NY plates. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I live in Florida now and have a family vacation planned in Sea Isle end of July. I'm sure we'll have to fly with masks on the plane. I'm hoping things are back to normal by then with restaurants, bars and the beach as back to normal as possible.

Well I can't argue, since Manasquan HS has beaten OCHS in the state surfing championships the last 5 years or so, but we did have about a 15 year run of titles before that.

I just got this tidbit on my OC news feed, kids breaking into garages to steal beer, lol. Great idea if you think about it. There are a lot of PA kids here this week for senior week.

https://nextdoor.com/news_feed/?pos...=VxSJFbPbudqm3RmbqsRSIdKGxZqCXtJSS-0vyqMERec=

Well I can't argue, since Manasquan HS has beaten OCHS in the state surfing championships the last 5 years or so, but we did have about a 15 year run of titles before that.

I just got this tidbit on my OC news feed, kids breaking into garages to steal beer, lol. Great idea if you think about it. There are a lot of PA kids here this week for senior week.

https://nextdoor.com/news_feed/?post=151782994&cp=0&s=tpd&pinned_post=true&section=posts&ct=AwyFT1QMqq23zd5EBy5xA1E9l84JRvAO0b3yjXXSuw39Z8dgGyV_lbuRXKJyc_KE&ec=VxSJFbPbudqm3RmbqsRSIdKGxZqCXtJSS-0vyqMERec=

If it happened 55 years ago I'd definitely be a person of interest.

I live in Florida now and have a family vacation planned in Sea Isle end of July. I'm sure we'll have to fly with masks on the plane. I'm hoping things are back to normal by then with restaurants, bars and the beach as back to normal as possible.

If you like outdoor dining you'll be fine unless the virus makes a strong comeback. Indoor at a reduced number I believe is Phase 3. Hopefully that's in effect by 7/15, possibly earlier.

There's a ton. The Eagles and Steelers jerseys on fall Sundays rival Jets and Giants.

The Steelers fans might be more general NJ fans of the team since they have a wider fan base than just folks from western PA, and the Eagles fans might be more weighted to those from southern NJ versus the other side of the Delaware River.

That said, I agree there must be plenty of folks from PA who move to the NYC area for jobs, some of them no doubt end up in Hudson County to live and/or work.

I was one in '68. The name of the bar is long forgotten. Greenwood lake too. Long Pond?

Anyone remember Demyans Hofbrau on Hylan Blvd in Staten Island? Half my senior hs class from CNJ were there on weekend nites. Quick ride from the Goethals Bridge.

The Steelers fans might be more general NJ fans of the team since they have a wider fan base than just folks from western PA, and the Eagles fans might be more weighted to those from southern NJ versus the other side of the Delaware River.

That said, I agree there must be plenty of folks from PA who move to the NYC area for jobs, some of them no doubt end up in Hudson County to live and/or work.

Perhaps. But I know plenty personally, see the license plates, the Cult (and Pitt and Temple) gear...it's possible plenty of these people have NJ ties somewhere along the way...but there's a lot of them. There's plenty from the Midwest as well and some from the South. There's also a ton of LI and Westchester/CT people but culturally the difference there is much more marginal.

Reactions: RUnTeX
There's a ton. The Eagles and Steelers jerseys on fall Sundays rival Jets and Giants.

From a bartender I know who gets a large number of fans on Sunday nights, there's a ton of Steeler fans in the area. They're also the most pleasant as a rule. The only other teams that consistently bring out larger than average number of fans are Giants, Cowboys, and Packers.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Anyone remember Demyans Hofbrau on Hylan Blvd in Staten Island? Half my senior hs class from CNJ were there on weekend nites. Quick ride from the Goethals Bridge.
My Wife’s grandfather was very good friends with Jack Demyan.

Little trivia...he “catered” the wedding in “The Godfather” and actually played said caterer in the movie

went to Belmar yesterday, beautiful day, plenty of space on beach. No mask wearing on beaches or on boardwalks. Badge checker not wearing masks, only 1 of 2 workers where you buy badges wearing mask, patrons didnt have to wear mask when buying. Really felt like a normal day you really would have no idea a pandemic was going on. All different types of people too living in their best life and being courteous and friendlyt, dont buy into media trying to divide us. Its not a red or blue state or black/white thing. We have much more in common as Americans than not.

went to Belmar yesterday, beautiful day, plenty of space on beach. No mask wearing on beaches or on boardwalks. Badge checker not wearing masks, only 1 of 2 workers where you buy badges wearing mask, patrons didnt have to wear mask when buying. Really felt like a normal day you really would have no idea a pandemic was going on. All different types of people too living in their best life and being courteous and friendlyt, dont buy into media trying to divide us. Its not a red or blue state or black/white thing. We have much more in common as Americans than not.
Well friggin said!!

Amen! Live life, it's too short to miss out by being a chicken little.

it was great to enjoy life and see others of all persuasions also enjoying life. My advice to peeps...turn the television and twitter off,, that is not real life
+1
It's not enough for the CLs to live in fear, they try to get everyone else to live in fear as well.

Lmao.

Note that advice is contained in one of your 175,000 message board posts.

how about you stick to the topic Karen instead of personal attacks on me in every post I make, you can either put me on ignore or stop with the quips or you will be reported, its your choice..thanks

Reactions: RU Diesel07110
how about you stick to the topic Karen instead of personal attacks on me in every post I make, you can either put me on ignore or stop with the quips or you will be reported, its your choice..thanks

Wasn't an attack. Just truth. Follow your own advice.

And Lmao again... "You will be reported"

D'Jais f'ing up again. Just sell the place already.
https://www.app.com/story/news/health/2020/06/22/belmars-djais-under-fire-weekend-crowds/3237980001/
Belmar's D'Jais under fire for rambunctious weekend crowds

Colonel Patrick Callahan, the superintendent of the New Jersey State Police, got more specific.
"The fact that asymptomatic and younger populations being key factors in transmitting (COVID-19), to see D'jais and the boardwalks and those large crowds that are not socially distancing and no facial coverings gives us a tremendous cause for concern."

https://www.app.com/story/news/health/2020/06/22/belmars-djais-under-fire-weekend-crowds/3237980001/

Colonel Patrick Callahan, the superintendent of the New Jersey State Police, got more specific.
"The fact that asymptomatic and younger populations being key factors in transmitting (COVID-19), to see D'jais and the boardwalks and those large crowds that are not socially distancing and no facial coverings gives us a tremendous cause for concern."
Go to Spring Lake, not Belmar. :)

Reactions: BigWill

There are other things behind this, not just COVID-19 stuff.

There are other things behind this, not just COVID-19 stuff.
We own a house on 20th near D'Jais. We lived there on and off. D'Jais did a lot since 1999 to make improvements. Every year, we hear rumors that one of the owners, Frank, wants to sell for condos. We hold our breath hoping.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT