ADVERTISEMENT

OT: B1G additions

I get it from the FSU perspective but if the BIG is the only option, why would the BIG give them a full payout initially?

I get it from the FSU perspective but if the BIG is the only option, why would the BIG give them a full payout initially?
Honestly, I’m not sure they would get a full payout right away

I’m not privy to that type of information, just spitballing maybe they get a 75% payout off the jump and then work their way up.

They are not at the statue of Notre Dame, who can demand a full payout right off the bat

Is the B1G payout really supposed to jump to $100M in the next few years. ??

FSU will still be a member of the ACC in 2030
No shot
Literally zero

If you thought the pieces were in motion to leave prior to Sunday snub, let’s just say things are still being looked at by the powers that be (big $ donors), and they want this expedited due to the bullshit

Yup. Every couple of months, FSU is leaving that week..lol. Not sure they even have a place to go.

They will leave with Clemson eventually and it will be Karma for the ACC.
Nobody ever claimed they were leaving in a week or two.

The timeline has always been 2 to 3 years, with 2025 as the likely date.

The ACC’s demise will be glorious

NC yes
UVA I’ll respectfully disagree with
I don’t take it as particularly related to the B10 but overall for both the B10 and the SEC.

Both are new markets for either conference, FSU and Clemson aren’t for the SEC.

i would prefer UNC and VA before FSU...
Would those schools be able to leave without taking VA Tech or NC State. FSU has no baggage that they have to drag along. If you could pry UNC and UVA away without the others I believe that you do that as opposed to taking FSU. But I do believe that FSU will be the first domino to drop.

I realize many prefer non-news sources for their news, but are there any actual news sources reporting this?

I know this makes me old fashioned, but content creators, by definition, create content. I just can't wrap my head around the idea that created content = news.

It’s an athletic conference. Big time athletic brands are what matter. Nebraska’s not an AAU member either anymore…are they getting kicked out? The southeastern US and Notre Dame are the final frontiers for the new B1G conference. FSU is a great potential addition along with UNC.

Last edited:
I see it as BIG/FOX wanting to expand in the southern region. I would say UNC and UVA are first choices because of AAU status, flagship state Us, long list of athletic programs that compete nationally, new markets, and connected to state with current BIG member (MD).

I would think that BIG wants to extend membership to FL with possibly FSU in the north and Miami in the south to get membership to 22.

I see Clemson headed to B12 and VA Tech and NC St to the SEC in my opinion.

Also, I see ND using the remnants of the ACC like they did with the Big East to keep their non-football programs all in the name of staying independent in football.

GO RU

Reactions: SF88 and RUNVA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT