ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Coming to a beach near you in NJ and NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
An alternative band, Car Seat Headrest, wrote a song comparing the social ills of captive killer whales and teenage drunk driving.

According to the lyrical interpretation linked below:

"Killer whales, despite their name, pose no threat to humans when in the wild. In captivity, the whales undergo extreme stress and have consequently been found to lash out and have caused deaths. Will could be comparing teens as captives of society. As captives, teens often lash out through actions that unfortunately cause physical and emotion pain, such as driving drunk."

The takeaway here is the ships and windmills are saving human lives.

They've moved expertise. This week they're train experts.
Anybody you know?

c9ffc7db-ee35-4388-ba9d-0fa8f3bb1e56-Couple.jpg

d29ee4ae-671c-48c3-982b-23c3bea81274-Crowd_2.jpg

Nice hat!!!
d7483222-9bbf-469e-bd1f-c9c5ed3b6461-Fish_hat.jpg

WTF with the sign on the right?

4a2e7d43-5b19-42c2-b1b2-35a58a74c2a7-Courtney_and_friend.jpg

Reactions: RUfinally2008
I like and care about whales and dolphins and all wildlife a whole lot more than I care about wind turbines, or political parties or energy companies.

But there is still no evidence that wind turbines are responsible for any of these things. And ample evidence of other causes for deaths of ocean life have been presented.

This thread has been fairly low information all along, and is trending towards disinformation. Hey look, it’s overcast today. That must prove that the sun is about to die. Oh no.

10 whales and counting since December. Activists at Jersey Shore today want the truth. “ you don’t wanna know the truth .”

I feel like people's sexual behavior is essentially the choice of people actually having sex.

75% of the Republican Congressional caucus hasn't had sex in decades, 20% of them are closeted homosexuals and the other 5% are vehemently pro-abortion because they stick their dicks in anything that identifies as Under 18.

I don't like people telling me how to drive my car. I don't like people telling me how to drink my whiskey. I don't like people telling me what to do with my weed. I figure it's not appropriate for me to tell anyone what to do with their vagina / uterus.

?

🌰 🌰

Last edited:
Headline from today's Coast Star:

Cause of whale death still undetermined Following necropsy, Marine Mammal Stranding Center posts
caution against ‘jumping to conclusions’

BY SOPHIE DIEHL
AND MACKENZIE FITCHETT
THE COAST STAR

MANASQUAN — More than a week after an initial necropsy report on the dead whale in
Manasquan was issued by the Marine Mam- mal Stranding Center [MMSC], the cause of the
mammal’s death re- mained undetermined.
The initial report cited internal signs of a possible vessel strike in the examination of 15-ton
hump- back whale, but as of press time on Wednesday, the MMSC was continuing its investigation
and discouraging unproven speculation about wind power development work off the East Coast as a
possible cause in of death for nine whales that have washed up on Jersey shore beaches since
early December

Another:

Mayor holds off signing wind farm petition

BY TOMMY WATTERS
THE COAST STAR
LAKE COMO — With the numerous
whale carcasses washing
up on the Jersey Shore recently,
Mayor Kevin Higgins
said he has been receiving
numerous emails asking him
to sign the petition calling for
a moratorium on the o shore
wind farm that is being constructed
o the coast.
Mayor Higgins said he will
not be signing this until he has
better educated himself on
the pros and cons of o shore
wind farms.

Last edited:
Reactions: ruinac
Headline from today's Coast Star:

Cause of whale death still undetermined Following necropsy, Marine Mammal Stranding Center posts
caution against ‘jumping to conclusions’

BY SOPHIE DIEHL
AND MACKENZIE FITCHETT
THE COAST STAR

MANASQUAN — More than a week after an initial necropsy report on the dead whale in
Manasquan was issued by the Marine Mam- mal Stranding Center [MMSC], the cause of the
mammal’s death re- mained undetermined.
The initial report cited internal signs of a possible vessel strike in the examination of 15-ton
hump- back whale, but as of press time on Wednesday, the MMSC was continuing its investigation
and discouraging unproven speculation about wind power development work off the East Coast as a
possible cause in of death for nine whales that have washed up on Jersey shore beaches since
early December

Another:

Mayor holds off signing wind farm petition

BY TOMMY WATTERS
THE COAST STAR
LAKE COMO — With the numerous
whale carcasses washing
up on the Jersey Shore recently,
Mayor Kevin Higgins
said he has been receiving
numerous emails asking him
to sign the petition calling for
a moratorium on the offshore
wind farm that is being constructed
off the coast.
* Mayor Higgins said he will
not be signing this until he has
better educated
himself on
the pros and cons of offshore
wind farms.
He's got no beach, no say.

* And I guess he hasn't got paid yet either. LOL

• Haha
Besides Loch Arbour, one of the strangest excuses for a "town" (or borough) at the shore. No police dept, no fire dept, no rescue squad. Why not merge?
They do have a Board of Ed, though…with no schools.

Some buildings and the occasional vehicle still say “South Belmar” on them.

But they do throw a great ☘️🇮🇪 Parade (with Belmar).

Last edited:
@newell138
OC needs more class! I wonder if the Mayor's business partner will have his new project approved? :)

I don’t see where this would fit on the area mentioned. Lil Shady and why people have been skeptical when Icona bailed out Gillians amusements

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Yup, been renting at E 6th st for years right across from the school.
Such a great area of OC. We always do an afternoon/evening in OC while in SH. We park in the public lot and normal have a Piccini dinner on the picnic benches by the tennis courts. Then head over to Gillian's and the boardwalk with the little one. Can't imagine such a big hotel dumped on that land.

Reactions: newell138
By the way, the Mayor should 100% recuse himself from these proceedings and offer no public comments on the proposal whatsoever (since he is business partners with the Icona owner). Even if the plan is ultimately approved, this is setting up a long legal battle with opponents:

Last edited:
Reactions: newell138
By the way, the Mayor should 100% recluse himself from these proceedings and offer no public comments on the proposal whatsoever (since he is business partners with the Icona owner). Even if the plan is ultimately approved, this is setting up a long legal battle with opponents:

"recluse"?

Seems drastic.

• Haha
Reactions: T2Kplus20
So, it would basically be double the size of the Essex and Sussex in Spring Lake.

I wonder how the size of the lots compare.

Here is a picture.

I have heard that the Essex and Sussex has not been a great success as a business. They are selling the rooms as over 55 condos now.

It has not seemed to hurt the surrounding area of Spring Lake

So, it would basically be double the size of the Essex and Sussex in Spring Lake.

I wonder how the size of the lots compare.

Here is a picture.

I have heard that the Essex and Sussex has not been a great success as a business. They are selling the rooms as over 55 condos now.

It has not seemed to hurt the surrounding area of Spring Lake
It’s been there for 100yrs. So has the surrounding area. The “shadow” in this case has been there that long too.

And the 55yr an older thing seems to be making money for the people who bought and sold them later.

Last edited:
It’s been there for 100yrs. So has the surrounding area. The “shadow” in this case has been there that long too.

And the 55yr an older thing seems to be making money for the people who bought and sold them later.
I understand that
And while I generally favor building I favor it as long as that is within the zoning that existed when the property was purchased.

I am not a fan of zoning changes that are either to stop someone from building or allowing someone to build by circumventing the conditions that existed when they purchased the property

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT