ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fantasy Football Metrics

eddynyse

Junior
Nov 17, 2003
Wondering if anyone has any tips on the best fantasy football metrics to follow when drafting players? For example, one metric I might be worth evaluating is the number of times in the last 2-3 seasons a player scores 10, 15, and 20 points in my league. My goal is to put a team that will consistently score 120-130 points per game, which more than not will allow me to win the match.

Currently I'm the defending champ at my league and I want to repeat... LoL.

Wondering if anyone has any tips on the best fantasy football metrics to follow when drafting players? For example, one metric I might be worth evaluating is the number of times in the last 2-3 seasons a player scores 10, 15, and 20 points in my league. My goal is to put a team that will consistently score 120-130 points per game, which more than not will allow me to win the match.

Currently I'm the defending champ at my league and I want to repeat... LoL.
I love metrics. I generally take into account previous season or two, several recent projections, coaching changes/schemes, personnel changes on that team, injuries, ceiling/floor, schedule (especially playoff weeks), and extraneous circumstances to make some projections then look at deviations from potential pool in my league which I think is key (top players in each position) as well as deviations from projections (i.e. qb projections tend to be bad and rbs tend to get hurt, etc) to create an overall breakdown for everyone and by position. I'll have bye weeks noted, and maybe some other general feeling notes listed. I use a bunch of sources.

For the mid to late round I find myself throwing out some of that and going with highest ceiling.

Opportunity rules, season long fantasy is about volume. Players can't score points if the don't get the ball. Targets and carry projections are key. Also, look at pace of play stats, some coaches have their team play faster leading to more offensive plays.

Another key is to know your league rules like what the ppr rules are or if there are any weird bonues . For example my league has a long TD bonus that makes players like Tyreek Hill more valuable.

Survive and ride the hot hand late . Tannehill and Karim hunt’s third string won a few leagues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT