ADVERTISEMENT

OT-First day of Spring snowstorm

I realize that history has demonstrated that you're hysterically bad at this, but as a reminder - a single weenie map from the Operational run of the Euro does not a forecast make.

When you stake you reputation on individual model runs, you very quickly run out of credibility.
He had credibility?

Well, given that statement I'm going to give this thread my highest 1 star rating!

535px-1_stars.svg.png

Reactions: RU5781 and njbfr
I realize that history has demonstrated that you're hysterically bad at this, but as a reminder - a single weenie map from the Operational run of the Euro does not a forecast make.

When you stake you reputation on individual model runs, you very quickly run out of credibility.

I was sooooo waiting for your reply to him/her/it.

Nick Gregory going with about 6", but noted possibility of up to a foot, while Lee Goldberg predicted 1-3" for coastal areas south of 195, 3-6" for the I-95 corridor from Trenton to NYC/LI, and 6"+ N and W of 287/78 in NJ and north of 287 in northern NJ/NY. Still a long ways to go, but at least a significant snowfall (3-6") is looking likely for most and a major snowfall (>6") is possible for most. A total rainstorm and an out to sea solution are becoming pretty unlikely.

Your shown to be incorrect and respond by proving you have no idea what your talking about.

The only thing "hysterical" is you.

they didnt want to hug the NAM because it was hardly showing anything, dont know what it showed tonight have not checked

NWS in NYC put it kindly, noting they have a low confidence forecast, given model variability from run to run within a model and across models. The Euro, in particular took a big jump east with the storm and showing less precip, going from a major snowstorm with up to a foot of snow for most, to a modest snowstorm with up to 6" with the highest amounts more near the coast. First NYC office snowfall map is up, showing a general 3-6" snowfall, wth highest amounts in CT/LI - not enough confidence yet in issuing watches.

They also noted that intensity will be light during most of the daylight hours, with little accumulation, due to indirect sunlight, which is more intense in late March, combined with borderline surface temps in the 33-35F range. Anyone who wants accumulations wants this storm to slow down a little so most of the snow falls after sunset, when accumulations will be much easier.

NWS in Philly talking about similar 3-6" amounts, but their map only goes through 9 pm Sunday, so I didn't bother posting. Still 2.5 days out, so time for some significant model shifts. I'd say we're almost certainly going to get at least an inch or two of snow and are likely to get several inches of snow, but the big snowfalls are looking less likely; no snow is very unlikely.

StormTotalSnowWeb1.png

Reactions: Ronnie_B
Your shown to be incorrect and respond by proving you have no idea what your talking about.

The only thing "hysterical" is you.

You should have been banned when the thread rating got out of hand.

And all the overnight models have gone way east.

So if this winds up being a few incher, you look stupid. Again. And will be wrong. Again.

"Often-Wrong Two".

Now is the time for "wish-casting"...those who inexplicably want snow past St Patrick's (really any time) and those don't even want to see a single flake!

A weather queens' ideal scenario! Have the weather gurls on TV "rolled up" their sleeves yet? ...you know the universal sign of hard meteorological work!;)

Lonnie Quinn yesterday was in a room and the camera was following him into the weather stage room. He was all worked up explaining the situation while walking. Looked serious.

Reactions: rurichdog
You should have been banned when the thread rating got out of hand.

And all the overnight models have gone way east.

So if this winds up being a few incher, you look stupid. Again. And will be wrong. Again.

"Often-Wrong Two".
Too many syllables - maybe "Wrongo Too" ?

Is there coastal flooding associated with this storm? Perhaps Sunday morning's high tide? I have to go to work around noon and don't want to get stuck with no way out.

most models are converging on a non event or something nuisance like that might only accumulate on the grass...Euro rolls in shortly and when it says NO you are going to start seeing mets backing off

Reactions: Tango Two
It won't accumulate, per the timing. Cut the Euro's 4-8 in half, even if it verifies.

12z Euro keeps hope alive (IF you want snow).

Narrow line of 4-8 inches for most in nyc area.

Most Falls during day though...

the Euro is still less than what it showed yesterday...snowfall rates will not be intense, the ground has been warm, its March 21 not January so the weenies treating it like its a January storm and taking 4-8 inches amounts need to educate themselves....if the Euro is correct its a few inches mainly on grass and maybe some accume on roads at night.....if the other models are right then we hardly seen anything of note

Reactions: Tango Two
"All the afternoon models are in and we are no closer to a consensus solution. The Canadian, Euro, and high res NAM have a narrow line of 4-8 inches but it mostly falls during day and would not stick much to roads. The GFS and regular NAM show virtually nothing. To get big snow and a snow day must fall mainly at night. Still time for things to change but the window is getting smaller. New models come in tonight. Still thinking at least several inches but there is huge bust potential. Further complicating the forecast is most of the models have recently had upgrades so there is no way of knowing what their weakness or performance will be."

Two ways this storm can go. Stays out to sea giving little snow or comes closer to coast with 6 or more inches along optimal track. Models struggling with where it will go...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT