ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2020 season

Don't look now also but Blake Taylor for the Astros has been great coming out of the pen. Marisnick hurt but was also a waste of an arm in Taylor who we could use right now. I said it at the time of the trade also so yet again this isn't in hindisght.

Cespedes was a cancer. Good riddance.
4acii6.jpg

I suspect he will not maintain that pace.

That one was a headscratcher though. They offer him arbitration and guarantee him $3M or whatever it was. Then he gets off to a bad start and they cut him loose in the first month.

Typical Mets. Horrible

Great. With the Mets medical staff, McNeil will wind up with a fractured skull, Cano will have the plague, and Rosario will lose an arm.

Reactions: Greg2020
I think they were talking about d'Arnaud's hot start this year? I'm losing it with all the hurricane excitement.
Ahhhh- Travis seems like a victim of big city lights in NY...He actually played very well 2nd half of last season too. Was pretty good before NY as well.
Go figure

Overall Conforto's stats are solid, but he has failed to deliver in the clutch when the Mets needed him the most.
Well, should we shoot him? Right now, he and Cano are the best hitters. Conforto is not the only player who has not hit in the clutch. The whole team has been lackluster. Last night, the announcers said Mets had 3rd best BA in MLB--but they suck with RISP.

Well, should we shoot him? Right now, he and Cano are the best hitters. Conforto is not the only player who has not hit in the clutch. The whole team has been lackluster. Last night, the announcers said Mets had 3rd best BA in MLB--but they suck with RISP.
I'm not saying we shoot him, but let's not knight him as a savior. He a career .259 hitter. His power numbers are up. I see him as a modern day Dave Kingman.

The team is a reflection of BVW and misfits trying to make it work. BVW is an agent faking it as a GM. Other than a few pitchers, everyone seems to be playing out of position.

I'm not saying we shoot him, but let's not knight him as a savior. He a career .259 hitter. His power numbers are up. I see him as a modern day Dave Kingman.

The team is a reflection of BVW and misfits trying to make it work. BVW is an agent faking it as a GM. Other than a few pitchers, everyone seems to be playing out of position.
I agree-- Diaz is way out of position!

ya know- Kingman only broke the .259 mark 4 times in his career and didnt even come close to that number until he got to the Cubs.

Conforto hitting well, but he had five men on base in Boston series and struck out twice. As Zap said can't strike out there.

He got a total of $20M. Don't shortchange the man!

Seriously though, if he could take that $20M and use it to buy back his health, I'm guessing he would. Some things you can't put a price tag on.
depends on the health issue. Will he be walking like a 60 y/o when he is 40? or once retired and living a "normal" life- does it flair up on rainy days or if exerted too much like the rest of us?

He got a total of $20M. Don't shortchange the man!

Seriously though, if he could take that $20M and use it to buy back his health, I'm guessing he would. Some things you can't put a price tag on.
That $10 million was for last year.

Cano to IL. No word yet on replacement, if any. McNeil and Rosario day to day, and not in tonight's rather funky lineup:

Nimmo LF
Davis 3B
Alonso 1B
Ramos DH
Conforto RF
Dozier 2B
Cordell CF
Gimenez SS
Nido C
--------------
Matz P

Tonight will be tough against the very tough lefty Corbin. But the Nats are also depleted. Cabrera is their cleanup hitter. So we'll see. LGM!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT