ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2020 season

MLB.com released its updated prospect listings. Since there is no minor league season, obviously there has been little movement from the preseason list.

Of the Mets Top 30, the two teenagers Ronny Mauricio and Francisco Alvarez remain 1-2 (and #70-71 overall), with Andres Gimenez #3 (and #95 overall).

Three 2020 draftees are new additions to the list:

Pete Crow-Armstrong #6
J.T. Ginn #7
Isaiah Greene #11

Other names of note:
David Peterson #13
Franklyn Kilome #15
Walker Lockett #27 (currently on IL)
Ali Sanchez #28.

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/mets/

Mets traded for RHP Ariel Jurado from the Texas Rangers for PTBNL and cash considerations

Reactions: biker7766
Mets traded for RHP Ariel Jurado from the Texas Rangers for PTBNL and cash considerations
Depth move, headed for Brooklyn. He gives them another young arm (only 24) with MLB experience (44 appearances, 26 starts). Unfortunately most of those appearances have not been very good.

He was considered Texas' #5 prospect in 2016. So there's that.
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/r...iel-jurado-a-young-pitcher-with-a-rare-trait/

To free up room on the 40 man, Mets DFA Ryan Cordell. With the acquisition of Hamilton, he was odd man out.

No McNeil or Rosario again tonight. Wait till Mad Max gets a load of this:

Nimmo LF
Conforto RF
Alonso 1B
Smith DH
Davis 3B
Gimenez SS (Yep, Gimenez is batting sixth.)
Ramos C
Guillorme 2B
Hamilton CF
------------------
Porcello P

Could be ugly tonight. But as the late great Joaquin Andujar once said: "You can sum this game up in one word - youneverknow." LGM!

Why does it seem every other team can get a clutch hit to drive in a run? Meanwhile, Mets can't? :Angry:Angry:Angry
Mets guys usually strike out or hit into double plays.

Pitching and defense! Excellent game by Davis at 3B. Gimenez, Guillorme, and Hamilton give the Mets their strongest defense up the middle since... ever? Too bad they won't hit enough to make it permanent.

2 for 12 with RISP has to change, but apart from that, no complaints tonight!

Pitching and defense! Excellent game by Davis at 3B. Gimenez, Guillorme, and Hamilton give the Mets their strongest defense up the middle since... ever? Too bad they won't hit enough to make it permanent.

2 for 12 with RISP has to change, but apart from that, no complaints tonight!

The 99 Mets would like to have a word with you. They did it for a full season not a game.

I understand the time constraints,but 7 inning doubleheaders really? It just makes the season even more of a travesty. Maybe, they'll allow pitchers to throw underhand and add a 10th fielder and call it a Men's Fast Pitch Softball League.

Reactions: cicero grimes
I understand the time constraints,but 7 inning doubleheaders really? It just makes the season even more of a travesty. Maybe, they'll allow pitchers to throw underhand and add a 10th fielder and call it a Men's Fast Pitch Softball League.
I never thought I'd ever say this, but I agree with you.
I'm also glad that I've yet to see the extra innings thing with the inning starting with a runner on second. They'll soon be switching to a coin flip.

I'm also glad that I've yet to see the extra innings thing with the inning starting with a runner on second. They'll soon be switching to a coin flip.
It's the 2nd time you agreed with me, the schedule flop with Philly and Baltimore,:WideSmile:. Oh the insanity.

Here is a crazy example of how to decide a winner. I have a house in Bradenton Beach, FL. It is a town of maybe 500 registered voters. Well the election back in 2015 wound up in a tie, 120 to 120, for mayor. How did they decide the winner? They went to a local bar, someone brought a brand new deck of cards, each selected a card, high card is mayor. Wow.

The kicker to this story is I changed my registration that year. I voted for the person who won with the high card. If I hadn't changed my registration that year and voted, he would have lost.

Democracy in action.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT