ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2020 season

I did. Career .250 something batting average, homerun production up as well as strike outs. The hype around Conforto is too much. McNeil is a better hitter.
Agree with last sentence on McNeil's limited body of work.

Conforto (career): 1991 AB 111 HR (1 HR every 19.9 ABs) 561 SOs (1 SO every 3.54 ABs)-.254 average
Kingman (career): 6677 AB 442 HR (1 HR every 15.1 ABs) 1816 SOs (1 SO every 3.67 ABs) -.236 average

Good comparison, but Conforto's BA is 18 points higher--we'll see how he develops. Crappy coaching the last couple of years.

The problem is Comforto was first round pick and Jeff was picked where? Conforto is supposed to be a star.

The amount of bad takes I just can't. Conforto has been a way above average hitter as a Met except for 2016. Since his callup he's been a top 50 hitter in all of baseball at any position. Can he be even better? Sure but he just turned 27 so will really be hitting his prime now. This will be another guy most of you want gone and then when he is really killing it for another team you'll ask why we let him walk. He is a young star who we should sign long term immediately if we can.

The amount of bad takes I just can't. Conforto has been a way above average hitter as a Met except for 2016. Since his callup he's been a top 50 hitter in all of baseball at any position. Can he be even better? Sure but he just turned 27 so will really be hitting his prime now. This will be another guy most of you want gone and then when he is really killing it for another team you'll ask why we let him walk. He is a young star who we should sign long term immediately if we can.
Boris client, signing him not going to happen.
I dont want him gone. But since hes a Boras client, he will be. I just hope BVW doesnt tradenhim for a 34 year old pitcher with 3 TJs who was a former client.

Dom does lead the team in runs batted in but needs to get run in. If Alonso had speed would have scored on Davis hit.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
Why did Rojas pinch hit Nimmo for Dozier who he then pinch hit for with Hamilton. Bad move all around there.

Why did Rojas pinch hit Nimmo for Dozier who he then pinch hit for with Hamilton. Bad move all around there.
He didn't pinch hit Dozier for Hamilton. He brought in Hamilton to play center field, since Nimmo was out of the game.

I agree I would not have pinch hit Nimmo for Dozier. But that's not why they lost.They didn't lose the game in the 8th inning. They lost it in the first seven.

He didn't pinch hit Dozier for Hamilton. He brought in Hamilton to play center field, since Nimmo was out of the game.

I agree I would not have pinch hit Nimmo for Dozier. But that's not why they lost.They didn't lose the game in the 8th inning. They lost it in the first seven.

Oh I agree with that but just more bad process.

BVW is the gift that keeps giving. BVW signed guys who limit what a team can do. How is it possible Miami can bring up cold bodies that deliver while established Mets players continue to fall flat? In fact it's not just Miami, but most of the national league seems better at finding talent and value at the same time. When the Mets find value, talent is lacking. When the Mets find talent, it's passed the expiration date.

What is your problem with McNeil? maybe his back is still bugging him. Dom did not get the job done. And Nimmo with his lousy baserunning. And the kid at second robbed McNeil of a hit.

Reactions: Greg2020
What is your problem with McNeil? maybe his back is still bugging him. Dom did not get the job done. And Nimmo with his lousy baserunning. And the kid at second robbed McNeil of a hit.
Nimmo's play was a real head scratcher. He's running from second to third and has three choices as to where to focus his eyes:
  • Watch the play down the left field line (in his field of vision) and see the ball evade the left fielder.
  • Watch the third base coach waving him around.
  • Watch neither, and slide into third for some unknown reason. Even if the leftfielder fields it cleanly he has no play.
Only one wrong choice, and he found it.

Reactions: shields
Nimmo's play was a real head scratcher. He's running from second to third and has three choices as to where to focus his eyes:
  • Watch the play down the left field line (in his field of vision) and see the ball evade the left fielder.
  • Watch neither, and slide into third for some unknown reason. Even if the leftfielder fields it cleanly he has no play.
Maybe he needed to take a short break because he was out of breath from running to first base after all of those walks. [roll]

Mets usually finds these types of players who plays well 3/5ths of the time until it's time to screw up. You dont see that on the Dodgers, Cubs, and its freaking batsh** crazy that the Padres and Reds among others are about to surpass the Mets.

Mets lineup tonight against some dude, followed by some other dudes:

Rosario SS
McNeil LF
Davis 3B
Alonso DH
Conforto RF
Ramos C
Smith 1B
Dozier 2B
Hamilton CF
-------------------
Peterson P

Tony Williams
Ted Gwynn !!
I don’t understand how he can be a .250 hitter

Just a beautiful swing on that HR

No hate. Just wondering why fans fawn over him and crap all over Conforto. Not a single positive post about his HR last night. Maybe it's the mature of the internet. LGM
No one hates Conforto. McNeil seems to be an afterthought, and all he has done is surpass expectations. People love the underdog.

Conforto (first-round pick): 5 years-batting avg.254 poor, 30+ HRs last year outstanding, fielding average.

McNeil (12th round pick): 2 years-batting avg .320, 23 HRs last year exceeded expectations, fielding average, but can play multiple positions.

It's decision time for Conforto. Expectations for Conforto were high since he was a first-round draft pick. Do you sign him to a big contract even though some of his stats don't back it? Or do you go in another direction? The other issue with Conforto is his agent.

No one hates Conforto. McNeil seems to be an afterthought, and all he has done is surpass expectations. People love the underdog.

Conforto (first-round pick): 5 years-batting avg.254 poor, 30+ HRs last year outstanding, fielding average.

McNeil (12th round pick): 2 years-batting avg .320, 23 HRs last year exceeded expectations, fielding average, but can play multiple positions.

It's decision time for Conforto. Expectations for Conforto were high since he was a first-round draft pick. Do you sign him to a big contract even though some of his stats don't back it? Or do you go in another direction? The other issue with Conforto is his agent.
The Dodgers or Nationals will sign him and he will become multi year All Star.[roll]

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT