ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stearns from MIL seems unlikely.

Neander from the Rays would have been a target but they just promoted and extended him a month ago. There could be other people in Rays FO but no one seemingly prepared for the POBO role. Maybe the GM role though.

We might also be looking at Josh Byrnes from Dodgers organization. That would make the most sense considering we want to try and become a Dodgers of the East with a always strong farm and no payroll limitations.

Reactions: tico brown
Stearns from MIL seems unlikely.

Neander from the Rays would have been a target but they just promoted and extended him a month ago. There could be other people in Rays FO but no one seemingly prepared for the POBO role. Maybe the GM role though.

We might also be looking at Josh Byrnes from Dodgers organization. That would make the most sense considering we want to try and become a Dodgers of the East with a always strong farm and no payroll limitations.
Byrnes is interesting since he is the Dodgers #2 guy and POBO would be a promotion for him. Under MLB rules of etiquette, you don't hold someone back from a promotion.

That said, I think anyone not named Beane is Plan B.

Reactions: RUTrue94
Mets will once again be participating in the Arizona Fall League (AFL), which begins on October 13 and runs for about a month. There are sending eight players, of whom only three are ranked by MLB Pipeline. The three ranked players are Brett Baty (#2), Carlos Cortes (#10) and Hayden Senger (#21).

The AFL will be using several expermental rules, including robot umps, pitch timer, and shift ban.

JT 🤦‍♂️
Of the ones who got away, Turner is the one who bothers me most to this day.

When the Mets non-tendered him, no one knew he'd develop into a borderline Hall of Famer. But they knew what he was - a quality utility guy and great clubhouse presence who was clearly worth the million or so he'd have gotten in arbitration. So why was he cut loose? Andy Martino has said that the Mets felt he was a bad influence on Matt Harvey. That is of course impossible to prove or disprove at this point.

But if the Mets blundered on Turner, everyone else did too. The Dodgers wound up signing him to a MINOR LEAGUE deal! Think of that - no one was willing to guarantee him a dime!

Reactions: FrankZ
Bad influence on Ike Davis I believe it was.

The other problem was he was working with his own swing coach and the Mets didn't like it but that's how he turned his career around. He was helping Marlon Byrd as well which front office wasn't happy with.

Another bad Sandy error.

I think I speak for all Mets fans when I say John Sterling should go into Baseballs Hall of Fame for announcers, if there is a Comedy Section.
And you are a clown as well. You post on the Yankees thread allows me to come to the Mets thread and call you out for the tool you are, that you said you aren't. You hate when Yankees fan come on on a Mets thread and say you never post on the Yankees thread. Yet you did. You have opened up the gates. It's going to be a fun off season with your invite for Yankees fans to post constantly on here. I have no issues with Mets fans but you!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RUfinally2008
Bad influence on Ike Davis I believe it was.

The other problem was he was working with his own swing coach and the Mets didn't like it but that's how he turned his career around. He was helping Marlon Byrd as well which front office wasn't happy with.

Another bad Sandy error.
Also worth mentioning that the Mets cut Turner loose in 2014, the low point of the Wilpons austerity phase post-Madoff. That year their payroll ranked 25th.

Reactions: Zak57
Lol. Not sure if serious. I think there are a,while bunch of teams that have been doing fine without him.
Epstein would have been perfect for this team. I heard from a buddy of mine (who claims to have some connection within the Mets organization... take it with a grain of salt) that Epstein suggested a complete tear down and Cohen wasn't interested. Cohen has promised a championship within 5 years and a complete rebuild would not make sense. I hope that is not true, but if it is, then we are headed for another BVW who will trade away youth for win now players.

And you are a clown as well. You post on the Yankees thread allows me to come to the Mets thread and call you out for the tool you are, that you said you aren't. You hate when Yankees fan come on on a Mets thread and say you never post on the Yankees thread. Yet you did. You have opened up the gates. It's going to be a fun off season with your invite for Yankees fans to post constantly on here. I have no issues with Mets fans but you!
Hey as$wipe, count how many times I posted in the Yankees thread.3 times maybe all year? You needed my permission, nice what a tool, wallow in self pity of another season of trying to get to #28. lmfao. Go ahead, a person who calls me a Troll, yet never misses a chance to respond to my posts is hilarious. I'm so sorry if I burnt your butt, calling out another failed season by the Varsity. k That Yankee in season site was locked or else I would have burnt a couple more butts before all was said and done. Bottom line is, your fan base which acts as if your above taking the Mets seriuos, spend way more time in a Mets thread than you do your own. Listen to you already making excuses for the fan base that can't handle the fact your not thought of as the standard that all franchises strive to be, your nowhere close. Stop living in the past. MLB has passed you by. Mets fans, we've learned to deal with where we stand, you and The AMIGOS HAVEN'T. Which one of you will admit the failed prediction of multiple championships in a 5 year period by The New Core 4? That clock started in 2017, have some nads, losers. As far as the off season, yup, Mets have lots of work to do, the Yankees are solid, no need to change a thing. Maybe you make more changes than the Mets. Either way, my prediction, if I'm around long enough to see it is my own 5 year, is that you will still be waiting on #28. Save it Troll, as I know you will. PS. You really don't think Sterling isn't a clown show?

Last edited:
While I know that 08 tries to get you guys riled- he not wrong. Sterling is really bad. But at least he is your bumbling idiot. He actually makes the lovable Phil R look competent. Hey- Susan is special too!

There is one place that our Met's have always been better than the Yankees- that is in the booth. From Kiner, Murphy, Nelson through McCarver and now Keith Ron, Cohen. Even Fran Healy was better than most of your guys. The best you have is when our boy Cone is on.

Hey as$wipe, count how many times I posted in the Yankees thread.3 times maybe all year? You needed my permission, nice what a tool, wallow in self pity of another season of trying to get to #28. lmfao. Go ahead, a person who calls me a Troll, yet never misses a chance to respond to my posts is hilarious. I'm so sorry if I burnt your butt, calling out another failed season by the Varsity. k That Yankee in season site was locked or else I would have burnt a couple more butts before all was said and done. Bottom line is, your fan base which acts as if your above taking the Mets seriuos, spend way more time in a Mets thread than you do your own. Listen to you already making excuses for the fan base that can't handle the fact your not thought of as the standard that all franchises strive to be, your nowhere close. Stop living in the past. MLB has passed you by. Mets fans, we've learned to deal with where we stand, you and The AMIGOS HAVEN'T. Which one of you will admit the failed prediction of multiple championships in a 5 year period by The New Core 4? That clock started in 2017, have some nads, losers. As far as the off season, yup, Mets have lots of work to do, the Yankees are solid, no need to change a thing. Maybe you make more changes than the Mets. Either way, my prediction, if I'm around long enough to see it is my own 5 year, is that you will still be waiting on #28. Save it Troll, as I know you will. PS. You really don't think Sterling isn't a clown show?
Obviously you don't comprehend my posts. I'm a poster who gets heat from Yankees fans for wanting to get of Cashman for the last 7/8 years now. The game hasn't passed me by. You can't go just by gut instinct or sybermetrics 100% of the time. Cashman's system is sybermetrics 100% has been proven flawed since the last World Series won by Joe Giradi not going all in on Cashman plans. Unless Cashman gets fired or changes from the all or nothing hitters the Yankees will never win it all.
The only announcer for the Yankees worse then Sterling is Susan Waldman.
Unlike you I do not bunch all fans into one bucket. Everything you said above doesn't apply to me. Shows everyone you are just a thoughtless troll.
And you are the only one using the new core 4 line. No Yankees fan ever used that line. None of them even appeared in a WS let alone win a few.

Epstein would have been perfect for this team. I heard from a buddy of mine (who claims to have some connection within the Mets organization... take it with a grain of salt) that Epstein suggested a complete tear down and Cohen wasn't interested. Cohen has promised a championship within 5 years and a complete rebuild would not make sense. I hope that is not true, but if it is, then we are headed for another BVW who will trade away youth for win now players.
The Met's have a handful of top prospects very close to being up with the club. Baty, Alvarez, Vientos, Mauricio
Vientos and Alvarez are the closet to being ready. We may see Vientos up with the club next year and I feel Alvarez is going to stay down at least one more year since C is locked up for now. Very excited about Baty. If we can get through this off season and if we can keep those 3 and maybe only lose Mauricio- I would be ok with it.
But if the new leadership dips too deep or either of those 3- it will just be a heads down moment.

I actually think we could do a win now and save prospects. But we have to go the way of the Dodgers and spend $$$ - we sign Baez and a couple of FA's that do not receive picks- ex K Bryant and S Marte
Put QO's on Conforto and Noah and hope someone else signs them. And then trade guys like Smith, Davis and possibly McNeil. Keep Nimmo - maybe even sign a big SP that moved during the season so there is no comp required to do so.
But to have the best of both worlds, we have to spend the money and be smart. It is something we have not figured out how to do- and Sandy does not seem to grasp this.

The Met's have a handful of top prospects very close to being up with the club. Baty, Alvarez, Vientos, Mauricio
Vientos and Alvarez are the closet to being ready. We may see Vientos up with the club next year and I feel Alvarez is going to stay down at least one more year since C is locked up for now. Very excited about Baty. If we can get through this off season and if we can keep those 3 and maybe only lose Mauricio- I would be ok with it.
But if the new leadership dips too deep or either of those 3- it will just be a heads down moment.

I actually think we could do a win now and save prospects. But we have to go the way of the Dodgers and spend $$$ - we sign Baez and a couple of FA's that do not receive picks- ex K Bryant and S Marte
Put QO's on Conforto and Noah and hope someone else signs them. And then trade guys like Smith, Davis and possibly McNeil. Keep Nimmo - maybe even sign a big SP that moved during the season so there is no comp required to do so.
But to have the best of both worlds, we have to spend the money and be smart. It is something we have not figured out how to do- and Sandy does not seem to grasp this.
I’d sign up for this.

I’d sign up for this.
I wish some of the guys in our thread that live to just yell as loud as they can to tear it down would give us their game plan in doing so. With a little understanding of how it all works.

As expected, the hammer has been dropped on the coaching staff. Most have been let go. Quattlebaum and Howard have been demoted back to their prior role as minor league hitting instructors. The only coach who might be back with the Mets is Hefner, who is under contract. His role for next year is not yet determined.

I told you Sandy would be making too many baseball decisions. This should be up to the new POBO and GM. Cohen is messing this up.

Looking like the Astros are very good, even without electronics. I wonder if the White Sox will stamp they're feet and cry like bitches? 😎

Looking like the Astros are very good, even without electronics. I wonder if the White Sox will stamp they're feet and cry like bitches? 😎
Could you bring the blatant Yankee troll posts over to their board please. We really don’t need that here.

Reactions: tico brown
Obviously you don't comprehend my posts. I'm a poster who gets heat from Yankees fans for wanting to get of Cashman for the last 7/8 years now. The game hasn't passed me by. You can't go just by gut instinct or sybermetrics 100% of the time. Cashman's system is sybermetrics 100% has been proven flawed since the last World Series won by Joe Giradi not going all in on Cashman plans. Unless Cashman gets fired or changes from the all or nothing hitters the Yankees will never win it all.
The only announcer for the Yankees worse then Sterling is Susan Waldman.
Unlike you I do not bunch all fans into one bucket. Everything you said above doesn't apply to me. Shows everyone you are just a thoughtless troll.
And you are the only one using the new core 4 line. No Yankees fan ever used that line. None of them even appeared in a WS let alone win a few.
First off, T2KPlus10/20 which ever he uses now, started the New Core 4.He , like you doesn't admit when they are wrong, and he'll distance himself from that New Core 4 tag because it blew up in his face. I found one of his post even calling me out for not being able to count when I said it was year 4 when by his count it was only year 3, lol.I don't bunch all fans in one bucket, since you and the 3 Amigos are by far the worst agitators, way better than me. You continue to call me out as a Troll, yet you never miss a chance to start the back and forth and are way to ignorant to admit it. PS. Stanton another of your biggest targets was the one player more than any other, that got the Yankees to the WC game and it shamed you to the point of ignoring it.

Last edited:
About 5 people at the game in Tampa to watch a team run like I wish we were

First off, T2KPlus10/20 which ever he uses now, started the New Core 4.He , like you doesn't admit when they are wrong, and he'll distance himself from that New Core 4 tag because it blew up in his face. I found one of his post even calling me out for not being able to count when I said it was year 4 when by his count it was only year 3, lol.I don't bunch all fans in one bucket, since you and the 3 Amigos are by far the worst agitators, way better than me. You continue to call me out as a Troll, yet you never miss a chance to start the back and forth and are way to ignorant to admit it. PS. Stanton another of your biggest targets was the one player that got the Yankees to the WC game and it shamed you to the point of ignoring it.
Ha! Yanks would trade Stanton to the Mets for a bag of peanuts if he wanted to go there. As a Mets fan do you want him based on his entire production as a Yankee and his non trade contract?? You know why his production was needed at the finish? Because he sucked most of the year. Baseball wise you aren't smart. Yes you do put all fans into one bucket. I don't come to the Mets thread to trash talk but to talk baseball. Read my posts on the Mets thread over the years. You make shit up about me again and again. You are a idiot. I've never aligned myself with the 3 amigos. Not once on the Mets thread in years. Again you are void of facts! A complete troll. You are the ignorant jack ass. Research my posts in the Mets thread over the years. I have repeatedly pushed for another Subway Series over the years. You just want to fight on here with anyone that isn't a Mets fan. Shut up and do a complete research on all my Mets posts. BTW I never had to change my screen name to keep posting here lol 😅

• Haha
Ha! Yanks would trade Stanton to the Mets for a bag of peanuts if he wanted to go there. As a Mets fan do you want him based on his entire production as a Yankee and his non trade able contract?? You know why his production was needed at the finish? Because he sucked most of the year. Baseball wise you aren't smart. Yes you do put all fans into one bucket. I don't come to the Mets thread to trash talk but to talk baseball. Read my posts on the Mets thread over the years. You make shit up about me again and again. You are a idiot. I've never aligned myself with the 3 amigos. Not once on the Mets thread in years. Again you are void of facts! A complete troll. You are the ignorant jack ass. Research my posts in the Mets thread over the years. I have repeatedly pushed for another Subway Series over the years. You just want to fight on here with anyone that isn't a Mets fan. Shut up and do a complete research on all my Mets posts
Can you guys try to cool it? It's not fun reading your bickering. I will reply the same to his post to make clear I'm not picking on either one of you.

First off, T2KPlus10/20 which ever he uses now, started the New Core 4.He , like you doesn't admit when they are wrong, and he'll distance himself from that New Core 4 tag because it blew up in his face. I found one of his post even calling me out for not being able to count when I said it was year 4 when by his count it was only year 3, lol.I don't bunch all fans in one bucket, since you and the 3 Amigos are by far the worst agitators, way better than me. You continue to call me out as a Troll, yet you never miss a chance to start the back and forth and are way to ignorant to admit it. PS. Stanton another of your biggest targets was the one player more than any other, that got the Yankees to the WC game and it shamed you to the point of ignoring it.
Can you guys try to cool it? It's no fun reading your bickering. I have sent the same reply to WhiteBus so that it doesn't appear like I'm picking on one of you.

Can you guys try to cool it? It's not fun reading your bickering. I will reply the same to his post to make clear I'm not picking on either one of you.
Would love to end it but as a baseball fan I enjoyed talking on any baseball thread. You never gave me a problem and most on here has never had a problem with my posts except formally now 2008.

Would love to end it but as a baseball fan I enjoyed talking on any baseball thread. You never gave me a problem and most on here has never had a problem with my posts except formally now 2008.
I have no problem with your being on any thread you'd like. I just don't wantdiscussion to turn into personal bickering. I am *not* saying you started it, but I'd like to come to an end. (I'm not a moderator (and wouldn't want to be) so all I can do is to try to persuade the two of you. BTW, I wouldn't mind seeing an off-season thread for the Phillies , who also need to do a lot to compete.

I have no problem with your being on any thread you'd like. I just don't wantdiscussion to turn into personal bickering. I am *not* saying you started it, but I'd like to come to an end. (I'm not a moderator (and wouldn't want to be) so all I can do is to try to persuade the two of you. BTW, I wouldn't mind seeing an off-season thread for the Phillies , who also need to do a lot to compete.
Yes agree about a Phillies thread would be great. I'm done with formally/2008.
And who would want to a mod on here!! I would like to post on any baseball thread as I have for years without being called out by someone who hates people that aren't a Mets fan. I've had great conversation on Mets threads. Hate being put in the the 3 amigos group. I am not one of them. My posts over the years have proven that.

I told you Sandy would be making too many baseball decisions. This should be up to the new POBO and GM. Cohen is messing this up.
The Mets coaching staff with the exception of Hefner are not good. Why procrastinate on the inevitable? Do you really think a new POBO and GM would keep the coaching staff?

The Mets coaching staff with the exception of Hefner are not good. Why procrastinate on the inevitable? Do you really think a new POBO and GM would keep the coaching staff?

Very possibly yes. Hard to say but it should be their decision regardless.

Also Sandy is making the decisions on the QO's as well. We're offering both to Thor and Conforto per reports with Thor going to accept and Conforto going to decline.

So much for Sandy NOT making any baseball decisions, eh??? The Mets will not become a better organization until he is gone.

So much for being a Mets thread with all of the WHOS BIGGER posts being posted on here, 🤦🏻‍♂️.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT