ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Giants 2020 Season Thread

Great defensive play there.
Went right at the ball to force the fumble.

So much for the Jalen Hurts experience.
Benched for Nate Sudfeld and immediately INT then a fumble.

So what do the Giants do with the draft pick around #11. I think the biggest need is an edge rusher, which would fit into the already strong interior DL to make one nasty D. My prime candidates would be the 2 Miami DEs, Phillips or Rousseau or Micah Parsons of PSU if he slips slightly.

Of course, after yesterday, Kyle Pitts, the Florida TE, also comes to mind.

I read this bullshit for the first 4 years of Phil Simms and 3 years of Eli Manning. Also the first 2 years of Dave Brown. Two of those three improved each year, as has Jones. But the one trick ponies follow the same game plan each time.

Because some had bad takes on Eli, your response is to mockingly also make bad takes?

Jones hasn't been good and deserves criticism. Sorry but its facts.

Eli was 11-5 in his 2nd season.
Nobody would be complaining if we went even 8-8 this year with this terrible division.

I'll put up the Offense stats later but they were #31 in scoring and were lower 20s to 30s in most team stats.

Rushing was actually better than last year and middle of the pack.

Passing was near worst in the league.

So what do the Giants do with the draft pick around #11. I think the biggest need is an edge rusher, which would fit into the already strong interior DL to make one nasty D. My prime candidates would be the 2 Miami DEs, Phillips or Rousseau or Micah Parsons of PSU if he slips slightly. Of course, after yesterday, Kyle Pitts, the Florida TE, also comes to mind.

Multiple needs on this Giants team, so if it's a choice between an excellent receiver or an iffy pass rusher, take the "safe" bet and address the need for a top receiver. There's always free agency to try to address the need for a pass rusher.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
So what do the Giants do with the draft pick around #11. I think the biggest need is an edge rusher, which would fit into the already strong interior DL to make one nasty D. My prime candidates would be the 2 Miami DEs, Phillips or Rousseau or Micah Parsons of PSU if he slips slightly.

Of course, after yesterday, Kyle Pitts, the Florida TE, also comes to mind.

Multiple needs on this Giants team, so if it's a choice between an excellent receiver or an iffy pass rusher, take the "safe" bet and address the need for a top receiver. There's always free agency to try to address the need for a pass rusher.

Giants run a lot of 3-4 on D so Parsons would be the best pick as a hybrid OLB / Edge rusher - be very surprised if he slips that far if at all (he's a projected top 5 pick). I think I would go with Rousseau if he's on the board - he's considered a top talent/skill wise as a pure Edge rusher. Note that there are many more good WRs available in 2021 Free Agency than good Edge Rushers.

I keep expecting Judge to come out one day with "Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you!"

😂

I keep expecting Judge to come out one day with "Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you!"

😂
ill_kill_ya_stripes.gif

Gettleman staying as GM.

100% now they pick up Saquan's 5th year option.

2021: 10m
2022 (5th year option fully guaranteed): approx $11mil?

Will be interesting if they discuss a contract extension or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT