ADVERTISEMENT

OT- OFFICIAL 2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD

Judge named starting RF. Hick will be the 4th OF (and still play plenty).

I'm very excited about the season this year. They have a good crop of young players and more on the way. I'm thinking 84 or 85 wins.

I'm very excited about the season this year. They have a good crop of young players and more on the way. I'm thinking 84 or 85 wins.
I had very little confidence last year about making the playoffs but was looking forward to the youth movement. It was by far my favorite season in which the Yankees didnt make the playoffs and Ive been a diehard Yankees fan since 1966.
The possibility of this season is very exciting.

Very excited with the possibilities this season. I'm just happy to see some young talent on this team thats been homegrown and hungry. Bird, Gregorius, Torres, Judge, Sanchez. Bullpen could one of the best we've seen. All going to hinge on starting pitching.....again. If we can keep Tanaka, Pineda, and CC healthy for a good stretch of the season, then we could be in good shape. Or it will be a struggle because they are all banged up (again).

Reactions: Rhuarc
Very excited with the possibilities this season. I'm just happy to see some young talent on this team thats been homegrown and hungry. Bird, Gregorius, Torres, Judge, Sanchez. Bullpen could one of the best we've seen. All going to hinge on starting pitching.....again. If we can keep Tanaka, Pineda, and CC healthy for a good stretch of the season, then we could be in good shape. Or it will be a struggle because they are all banged up (again).

A little disappointed they didn't let a hot-hand rookie like Jordan Montgomery try to take his starting pitching straight into the season. Even if he didn't do well, you can put him in Triple A, and bring him up later. It's not like the Yankees are drowning in great starting pitching. I'd have swapped him places with Luis Severino who opened up last year with a couple of good months and has gone south since (and shown little in pre-season). His best performances of late have come from the bullpen.

Reactions: tico brown
Great, fast starts always help!!!

That's what Santa thought when he set up the mets early-season schedule this year......and last season.
BTW. I haven't looked yet but I am willing to bet that the mets will be playing the same group of losers down the stretch this season....just like last.
Now, here's a hankie. I didn't really mean to make you tough guys cry so much.

That's what Santa thought when he set up the mets early-season schedule this year......and last season.
BTW. I haven't looked yet but I am willing to bet that the mets will be playing the same group of losers down the stretch this season....just like last.
Wow, it's really killing you that you can't post over there,so funny.THIS IS A YANKEE THREAD,TALK YANKEES YOU FOOL!!!!
giphy.gif

Do you have any idea how foolish you look talking about the Mets in a Yankee thread?Crying, did somebody say crying? There's no crying in baseball unless you get banned from one thread. The Yankees are young, with loads of talent,pretty much where the Mets were in 1985, and ready to make a big run this year, and maybe even more next year,but all you can do is cry about not being allowed to piss on the Mets parade,sad, with a lot of funny also!!!

A little disappointed they didn't let a hot-hand rookie like Jordan Montgomery try to take his starting pitching straight into the season. Even if he didn't do well, you can put him in Triple A, and bring him up later. It's not like the Yankees are drowning in great starting pitching. I'd have swapped him places with Luis Severino who opened up last year with a couple of good months and has gone south since (and shown little in pre-season). His best performances of late have come from the bullpen.
I think you can pretty much mark your calendar to the fact that at some point there will be injuries to 1,2 or all of those pitchers you mentioned. You'll see Montgomery then. Plus, his clock won't start until then so it give the Yanks more control. I hate that aspect of the game, but it's just how it goes.

Worth repeating.
Sad.
I don't like the Mets either, but why are you trying to make all the baseball threads about you? You're keeping a good Yankees discussion from developing. Just chill out. I've been disappointed in every baseball related discussion I open mostly because of you because it never actually gets to discussing the yanks.

It's impossible to collect data about who has more fans until they are both winning at their peak. Then you'll see who has the strongest fan base, IMO.

#bandwagoners lives matter

Personally I wish the B.S. would stop. I've had question/answers with Yankee fans about Yankee stuff with no problem. Was actually civil with people with these dudes.

I mean enough is enough, man. Both teams should have a pretty good year. Ones future is now, the other have a great future. But of course, this what happens when one poster takes over a bunch of threads like a virus and makes it all about him.

Oh well Good luck to the Yankees and LETS GO METS!!!!

I don't like the Mets either, but why are you trying to make all the baseball threads about you? You're keeping a good Yankees discussion from developing. Just chill out. I've been disappointed in every baseball related discussion I open mostly because of you because it never actually gets to discussing the yanks.
He just doesn't get it. He is even starting to piss off Yankee fans now with his "Rain Man" style,lol,unreal

O.K. Here's your Yankees thread. Go for it.
I'll not bring up again in this thread the fact that I'm prevented from contributing to the mets thread.
Have at it.

O.K. Here's your Yankees thread. Go for it.
I'll not bring up again in this thread the fact that I'm prevented from contributing to the mets thread.
Have at it.
Lmao you didnt even make it 2 hours past this post without more B.S...Nobody wants to talk about Judge's decreased k rate this spring when their post is just gonna get lost

Lmao you didnt even make it 2 hours past this post without more B.S...Nobody wants to talk about Judge's decreased k rate this spring when their post is just gonna get lost

Well, I AM gonna miss them and they ARE easy, so I'm not sure why you refer to any of that as B.S.

Well, I AM gonna miss them and they ARE easy, so I'm not sure why you refer to any of that as B.S.
I mean that there are interesting posts and useless posts. You fall into the latter category regardless of whatever baseball thread you decide to have your temper tantrum in. Nobody is interested in any of your posts in this thread. That's why I can easily classify it as BS

I mean that there are interesting posts and useless posts. You fall into the latter category regardless of whatever baseball thread you decide to have your temper tantrum in. Nobody is interested in any of your posts in this thread. That's why I can easily classify it as BS

Your opinion is of such importance to me.
Why would I care what you think is interesting or uninteresting or worse...useless?
You can classify them any way you wish. They work for me.

Last edited:
There's actually some good baseball talk in all of these threads if you take away that virus. But hey what's more important?
-Will Tanaka do well and Gray Sanchez avoid a Soph slump? (This thread)
-How will other teams do? (Other threads)
- Or how many times will someone post HEY... LOOK AT ME... YOOHOOOO... OVER HERE!!!!!

Might as well change the title of these threads to what virus' purpose in its life.

There's actually some good baseball talk in all of these threads if you take away that virus. But hey what's more important?
-Will Tanaka do well and Gray Sanchez avoid a Soph slump? (This thread)
-How will other teams do? (Other threads)
- Or how many times will someone post HEY... LOOK AT ME... YOOHOOOO... OVER HERE!!!!!

Might as well change the title of these threads to what virus' purpose in its life.

Come on...be honest. I wouldn't be posting in a Yankees thread about being blocked from posting in the mets thread if I wasn't blocked from posting in the mets thread.
And you wouldn't be characterizing my posts as HEY LOOK AT ME...YOOHOO or calling me names if you could refute what I posted there.
I know I'm great at annoying mets fans.....been doing it forever. I've just honestly never seen such a group of sensitive crybabies.
Again, enjoy your safe space.

Oh and I'm done with posting in this thread about the mets safe space thread.
That's it. I'm done.
Now back to Yankees talk.

Yeah, I think that's gonna happen soon enough. Severino looks like he's a problem as a starter and Montgomery is probably the best option.
I hope I'm wrong but I think Luis will be in the bullpen soon enough and his replacement will be Montgomery or Kaprelian(sp).

So are they?

AmericanLeagueEastStandings2016_zpscw3nmrqt.jpg

Last year they came in 4th, going 8-11 against Boston, 9-10 against Baltimore and 7-12 against Toronto. Only against Tampa Bay did they have a winning record, 11-8. How are they gonna match up against them this year?

Reactions: Section124
Oh and I'm done with posting in this thread about the mets safe space thread.
That's it. I'm done.
Now back to Yankees talk.
First off, I didn't refute squat. Ive always said that The Mets SHOULD go off to a fast start vs the NL East. There's always the chance that the Braves, Phillies, and Marlins will give the Mets problems you simple goof.

And SHEEEEEEEEEEEEET. There would be a thread on Rutgers first trip to the Rose Bowl and you would put up 50 posts on how you cant handle the truth that many people are annoyed with your annoying annoyances.

It maybe because of the 40 man roster. I heard that was one of the biggest reasons that Torres isn't up.

So are they?

AmericanLeagueEastStandings2016_zpscw3nmrqt.jpg

Last year they came in 4th, going 8-11 against Boston, 9-10 against Baltimore and 7-12 against Toronto. Only against Tampa Bay did they have a winning record, 11-8. How are they gonna match up against them this year?

Most fans of other teams like to take shots at the Yankees even when they are winning. Most true Yankee fans are going to sit back and enjoy the youth movement with relatively low expectations this season. Enjoy the down-time because in a few years your teams will pretty much be f'd and here's why......

Significant payroll will be dropping off (AROD and CC's contracts)

Currently Ranked 2nd best minor league in MLB

Young core (Sanchez, Bird, Judge) already arriving under very low Yankees controlled salaries for a number of years. Torres, Frazier and Sheffield clicking at their heels.

Extremely High revenue stream

What this means is the Yanks will have a ton of money and a ton of salary space to bring on talented players around their young core plus significant minor league system to cultivate or trade for talent to add to their core.

Significant payroll will be dropping off (AROD and CC's contracts)... Extremely High revenue stream... What this means is the Yanks will have a ton of money and a ton of salary space to bring on talented players around their young core plus significant minor league system to cultivate or trade for talent to add to their core.

Yankees inflicted onerous luxury taxes on themselves for the longest time now. Rules state that if you are under the max limit for one season, the luxury tax "re-sets" to a lower percentage if you go over it in the future. For 2017, teams pay luxury tax when they are over $189 million. Believe Yanks payroll currently is down to around $200 million with $45-$50 million coming off the books on Sabathia and Rodriguez contracts that expire after this season.

No doubt,the Yankees are probably only a year away from a prolonged playoff run.They have the money,a farm system loaded with talent to bring up or trade, and as always, it's a destination players around the leagues want to play for.

How do people feel about packaging a guy like Clint Frazier and a few other prospects for and established starter like Jose Quintana? I'm not against it but I don't know where I ultimately stand.

I think guys like Frazier/Mateo are somewhat flawed and won't live up to the hype. Its not often you can get a guy under club control for multiple years that is well established and could shore up a rotation like Quintana. I guess the question is, which ones are the ones who won't pan out?

Enough of the BS on this thread.
Its Opening Day! Baseball season starts at 1pm today! Go Yankees!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT