ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2022 NY Mets Season And Post Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
His wife was in the car behind him at the time of the accident. Glad Big Pete is ok.

Other team injury news, Tatis Jr. out three month with a wrist injury.

"The team is hopeful"... translation, don't count on it.
In Metsspeak, David Wright “strained his shoulder and is on the 15 day DL” actually meant his career is just about over with Spinal Stenosis.

"The team is hopeful"... translation, don't count on it.
Most medical sites say 6 week recover
What is a debridment?
Gets rid of "nagging" injuries. Cheaper than divorce! 🤣

Is there supposed to be something in the new CBA to try to discourage teams from not even trying to win? Cause that sure seems to be the case with the Reds. Just running a fire sale before the season even starts

Last edited:
Reactions: cicero grimes
Is there supposed to be something in the new CBA to try to discourage teams from not even rrying to win? Cause that sure seems to be the case with the Reds. Just running a fire sale before the season even starts
A's as well seem to be sellers.

A's as well seem to be sellers.
Is there supposed to be something in the new CBA to try to discourage teams from not even rrying to win? Cause that sure seems to be the case with the Reds. Just running a fire sale before the season even starts
Owners from the A’s, Reds, Pirates, Marlins, etc should be banned from MLB if they’re not even going to try to compete.

Mets announced today that they are bringing 18 non-roster players to major league camp. The usual mix of prospects and minor league journeymen. Here is the list:

Pitchers
Catchers
Position Players
Obviously Alvarez and Baty will draw the most attention. However, for 2022 two names caught my eye:
  1. Alex Claudio - Three years ago this lefty reliever led the majors in appearances with 83. His effectiveness has waned, but he's still just 30 years old. He's got a real chance to make the team out of spring training.
  2. Daniel Palka - Four years ago he hit 27 HR in just 449 AB's for the White Sox. Since then his performance has fallen off. He too is just 30. Maybe he can find it again. I doubt he will make the team out of spring training, but he could well be an injury callup.

MLB.com reporting that the "ghost runner" extra inning rule is not dead yet. Given that they will be playing 162 games in a more compressed timeframe, with full nine inning doubleheaders, it is being reconsidered from a health and safety standpoint. We could see an announcement in 24-48 hours that it is being restored.

Personally, I'd prefer a hybrid approach. Play the 10th and 11th in the conventional manner. If the game goes 12, then bring in the ghost runner.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Seeing his truck and knowing his wife was following behind him in a car must have been terrifying for her as well

MLB.com reporting that the "ghost runner" extra inning rule is not dead yet. Given that they will be playing 162 games in a more compressed timeframe, with full nine inning doubleheaders, it is being reconsidered from a health and safety standpoint. We could see an announcement in 24-48 hours that it is being restored.

Personally, I'd prefer a hybrid approach. Play the 10th and 11th in the conventional manner. If the game goes 12, then bring in the ghost runner.
One more thought about the ghost runner rule. Like it or not, the rule has proven effective. It is achieving its objective of eliminating marathon games that end at 1 AM with a couple hundred people in the stands.

In 2019, 60 games went beyond 11 innings. Last year? Just 16.

Also in 2019, 15 games went beyond 14 innings. Last year? Just one.

One more thought about the ghost runner rule. Like it or not, the rule has proven effective. It is achieving its objective of eliminating marathon games that end at 1 AM with a couple hundred people in the stands.

In 2019, 60 games went beyond 11 innings. Last year? Just 16.

Also in 2019, 15 games went beyond 14 innings. Last year? Just one.
I had heard on mlb radio that there was a proposal to go to a HR derby format after the 10th inning. Not sure if that was serious but that would be an attention getter.

I had heard on mlb radio that there was a proposal to go to a HR derby format after the 10th inning. Not sure if that was serious but that would be an attention getter.
Just have the players replay the game on MLB THE SHOW on PS5 to save the players energy levels.

A few points.
1. Tom Dung- the name speaks for itself.
2. Tom Dung has 65 followers
3. Tom Dung joined Twitter in March 2022. His first tweet was March 13.
Mr. Dung responded that he never said that Schwarber was meeting with Cohen directly. So who knows.

A few points.
1. Tom Dung- the name speaks for itself.
2. Tom Dung has 65 followers
3. Tom Dung joined Twitter in March 2022. His first tweet was March 13.
Fake Account that got Cohen and me??? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Good thing I didn’t click onto any links.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Unvaxxed Mets aren't going to be eligible to play at home because of the private sector rule. Nimmo, Davis, McNeil I think are at least 3 of the big names.

This goes for the Yanks as well.

Unvaxxed Mets aren't going to be eligible to play at home because of the private sector rule. Nimmo, Davis, McNeil I think are at least 3 of the big names.

I still find this crazy- visiting players can play if unvaxxed and everyone could play during the worst days of covid unless they tested positive. And yet- they can practice, be at the stadium etc.

And at this point, just get vaxxed- my wife is the biggest anti vax as she gets so sick from any of them plus being Caribbean and even she has done it.

All the Yanks, Mets, and Kyrie Irving should Sue NYC for this stupid rule, esp since visiting players are allowed to play and apparently those in those court side seats are good enough to breathe all over the players.

All the Yanks, Mets, and Kyrie Irving should Sue NYC for this stupid rule, esp since visiting players are allowed to play and apparently those in those court side seats are good enough to breathe all over the players.
I'm also curious why sports organizations fall under this rule anyway. My office did require a negative test but not a Vax

Reactions: tico brown
I still find this crazy- visiting players can play if unvaxxed and everyone could play during the worst days of covid unless they tested positive. And yet- they can practice, be at the stadium etc.

And at this point, just get vaxxed- my wife is the biggest anti vax as she gets so sick from any of them plus being Caribbean and even she has done it.
Especially crazy since it’s an outdoor sport. The level of stupid gets raised everyday.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Also, in the MLB "Top Ten Right Now" series, Alonso was rated #6 at 1B, and McNeil #9 at 2B. That is all that has been announced so far.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT