ADVERTISEMENT

OT: PAC 12 champ game Oregon/Utah

rutgersguy1

Hall of Famer
Dec 17, 2008
PAC 12 title game tonight in Las Vegas. Can Utah take them out again for a trip to the Rose Bowl?

Will it be Cristobal’s last game in Oregon? Lots of reports of Miami making a hard push for him and they haven’t even fired Diaz yet. Already reports of Miami getting the Clemson AD and making him the highest paid AD at 3M. Reports of Oregon throwing out Tucker/Kelly/Riley numbers to keep him. Nike money vs probably still a lot of money and home/family. Will all of it be a distraction tonight?

One time Raider fan but don’t follow the NFL anymore. Allegiant Stadium looks really nice. What an improvement to their Oakland stadium.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Utah just marches down the field on the opening drive….4th down conversion at midfield and crucial Oregon PI in the redzone kept it alive. 7-0 Utah

INT doesn’t cost them… penalties stall the drive and missed FG by Oregon.

We were one of the crappy teams the league added . Arguably, the crappiest team
1fmeod.jpg

And Oregon is willing to pay Kelly/Riley money for that lol…Miami supposedly offering competitive numbers to that too…with his recruiting he should be dominating the PAC12 and making the playoffs the way Clemson has in the ACC but he doesn’t.

Last edited:
And Oregon is willing to pay Kelly/Riley money for that lol…supposedly offering competitive numbers to that too…with his recruiting he should be dominating the PAC12 and making the playoffs the way Clemson has in the ACC but he doesn’t.
Spent the early part of evening watching women's soccer, and forgot this game was on. Looks like Oregon did too. All these super raises are premature. Think that Oregon will regret an extremely large raise for Mario, same as MSU and Tucker.

Spent the early part of evening watching women's soccer, and forgot this game was on. Looks like Oregon did too. All these super raises are premature. Think that Oregon will regret an extremely large raise for Mario, same as MSU and Tucker.
Yea it’s crazy. For that money he should be making the playoffs like Dabo even if you don’t win it. PAC12 has been down too but he hasn’t taken advantage of it despite his great recruiting. Now Riley at USC and I think DeBoer might be able to do good things at Washington. Kelly maybe getting things turned. So his window to take advantage might be coming to an end.

Last edited:
Yea it’s crazy. For that money he should be making the playoffs like Dabo even if you don’t win it. PAC12 has been down to but he hasn’t taken advantage of it despite his great recruiting. Now Riley at USC and I think DeBoer might be able to do good things at Washington. Kelly maybe getting things turned. So his window to take advantage might be coming to an end.
Here's a concept for knuckleheaded AD's.

Base salary reasonable- $4 million.
Bonus for making conference championship- 25% of base salary ($ 5 million total)
Bonus for winning conference championship- 30% of base salary ($6.6 million total)
Bonus for making CFP-40% of base salary ($8.2 million total)
Bonus for winning CFP- another 40% of base salary ($9.8 million total)

Two losing seasons in a row- any buyout in contract is cut by 50%
Three losing seasons in a row- any buy cut by 75%
Four losing season in a row- no buyout.

Here's a concept for knuckleheaded AD's.

Base salary reasonable- $4 million.
Bonus for making conference championship- 25% of base salary ($ 5 million total)
Bonus for winning conference championship- 30% of base salary ($6.6 million total)
Bonus for making CFP-40% of base salary ($8.2 million total)
Bonus for winning CFP- another 40% of base salary ($9.8 million total)

Two losing seasons in a row- any buyout in contract is cut by 50%
Three losing seasons in a row- any buy cut by 75%
Four losing season in a row- no buyout.
I’ve said the similar. Give multimillion bonuses for big short term results like that but don’t lock in those millions in costs annually without the accompanying results.

Good for Utah to be able to go to Rose Bowl in a year where they had two players killed. Happy for them. Good mental fortitude to come back from that. Credit to Whittingham too.

Oregon hasnt been a good closing team for a long time
Kind of like ND - play like a boss all season and then get thrashed

Some may not like it but a hot team like Utah 9-1 after the change of qbs..who knows what kind of noise they could make in an expanded playoffs.
Charlie Brewer (Baylor transfer) really flopped. Looked back at the play-by-play for the SDSU (game 2), and he was not pulled until he threw pick in the 1st series of the second half. But Rising's first three series resulted in a singled completed pass before he lit it up and let the offense with 3 TD passes.

This is why judging Simon and Snyder in a handful of garbage time reps or two or three series and a total of 5 passes (Snyder in the Illinois game) is no way to evaluate a QB. Several fans commented that Simon was significantly better than Snyder when he announced his transfer, but can one really judge that on such a limited body of work when Simon had an entire half to settle in? He certainly looked the part in the second half of the Maryland game.

But Utah could have taken the same approach after Rising's first three series and moved to the next QB on the depth chart, and they would have missed out on a "Rising" star QB.

Charlie Brewer (Baylor transfer) really flopped. Looked back at the play-by-play for the SDSU (game 2), and he was not pulled until he threw pick in the 1st series of the second half. But Rising's first three series resulted in a singled completed pass before he lit it up and let the offense with 3 TD passes.

This is why judging Simon and Snyder in a handful of garbage time reps or two or three series and a total of 5 passes (Snyder in the Illinois game) is no way to evaluate a QB. Several fans commented that Simon was significantly better than Snyder when he announced his transfer, but can one really judge that on such a limited body of work when Simon had an entire half to settle in? He certainly looked the part in the second half of the Maryland game.

But Utah could have taken the same approach after Rising's first three series and moved to the next QB on the depth chart, and they would have missed out on a "Rising" star QB.
I agree. You need time to evaluate. Hard to base anything substantive one way or the other off a small sample size.

Some may not like it but a hot team like Utah 9-1 after the change of qbs..who knows what kind of noise they could make in an expanded playoffs.
See what happens if you change QBs? Probably wouldn’t happened here but at least give it a shot earlier in the season, not in the last half of the season.

Not sure if you can see this ….but you make very good points here

Not sure if you can see this ….but you make very good points here
I see it in my mobile phone. I even gave you a like. Sorry, but I still dont like a lot of your takes on things. We see most things different ways, and sometimes very different ways. Made a decision a while ago to stop arguing with people I disagree with.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
I see it in my mobile phone. I even gave you a like. Sorry, but I still dont like a lot of your takes on things. We see most things different ways, and sometimes very different ways. Made a decision a while ago to stop arguing with people I disagree with.
That’s fine . The feeling is mutual .
But once in a while, it’s ok to agree :)
Happy holidays !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT