ADVERTISEMENT

OT: PSE&G for total HVAC replacement?

RULoyal

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2001
So in the next few months I'm probably going to have my furnace and central air replaced. Many years ago my mother had a bad experience with PSE&G replacing a furnace (way too $$$) but recently I have seen folks on the web state their prices have become more competitive. The other intriguing thing is their offer of 72 month interest free financing. Obviously the benefit of that depends on the cost. I will get quotes from several places but just wondering if anyone has used PSE&G recently.

So in the next few months I'm probably going to have my furnace and central air replaced. Many years ago my mother had a bad experience with PSE&G replacing a furnace (way too $$$) but recently I have seen folks on the web state their prices have become more competitive. The other intriguing thing is their offer of 72 month interest free financing. Obviously the benefit of that depends on the cost. I will get quotes from several places but just wondering if anyone has used PSE&G recently.
PSE&G doesn't do the work, they just vend it out to other companies (and take a cut). We use Gold Medal. They are more expensive than most, but you normally get what you pay for.

PSE&G doesn't do the work, they just vend it out to other companies (and take a cut). We use Gold Medal. They are more expensive than most, but you normally get what you pay for.
Understood.

My experience was similar with PSE&G when I ran into an issue many years ago - most expensive options and solutions of the bunch. I eventually used a local, licensed HVAC mechanic based on the referral of my plumber who worked with him on jobs before. Honest, reasonably priced and have used him for 17 years. He replaced my entire system last November.

Reactions: batts and RULoyal

Used a few times no issues:

I've heard of folks who have gone through Costco having good experiences. And you get a Costco card worth some percentage of the cost.

Of course that assumes you're a Costco member.

Reactions: RULoyal
I've heard of folks who have gone through Costco having good experiences. And you get a Costco card worth some percentage of the cost.

Of course that assumes you're a Costco member.
I am. Looked into that a bit. Looks like they only install Lennox products which are usually pricier out of the gate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT