ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ShopRite can can sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
With digital coupon, 40 cans of Progresso soup is $48.00 instead of $131.60. (Can get up to 4 sets of 10). Nothing like a hot bowl of soup on a cold winter day.

PS- Where did Heavnly go? He was the shopping tip guy.
Good for your own home but also good for donating to your local food bank too. And yes, miss Heaven too. Always looked forward to what obscure deal he would come up with next. He was sort of our Ron Popiel in a way.

Since 1971 the first year of Shop Rite’s Annual Can Can Sale… still the Price Leader… if you are old enough then you remember the craziness of people buying pallets of can goods… Example : C&C soda Company and all their flavors. Now Wakefern / Shop Rite again the country’s No. 1 co-op . Wexler/ Aideckman/ Kessler/ Fern… founded 1949.

With digital coupon, 40 cans of Progresso soup is $48.00 instead of $131.60. (Can get up to 4 sets of 10). Nothing like a hot bowl of soup on a cold winter day.

Heavenly decided to retire from the board. Too many people were giving him sh*t for his posts about where to buy stuff. He thought he was being helpful and some of our sh*thead posters on here dumped on him.

Heavenly decided to retire from the board. Too many people were giving him sh*t for his posts about where to buy stuff. He thought he was being helpful and some of our sh*thead posters on here dumped on him.
For real!? Sorry to hear that. I bought a Rutgers jacket that he alerted us to back in the day. I still have it.

For real!? Sorry to hear that. I bought a Rutgers jacket that he alerted us to back in the day. I still have it.
Yeah unfortunately for real, he lives not too far from me and he would go shopping in my area. We would have private convos from time to time and he told me he was getting tired of the sh*t he was taking and was going to stop posting.

It's not official until we see the commercials on TV!!!

Yep, there were a few people who just continuously ragged on him.

That's great I guess, but who buys 40 cans of Progresso Soup? That would last longer than the shelf life! :)

Not for nothing, a big pot of chicken noodle soup takes about 15 minutes to make. Just buy a chicken roaster and noodles at Shop Rite and throw them in a pot with some spices. Pretty cheap.

Reactions: MrsScrew
That's great I guess, but who buys 40 cans of Progresso Soup? That would last longer than the shelf life! :)

Not for nothing, a big pot of chicken noodle soup takes about 15 minutes to make. Just buy a chicken roaster and noodles at Shop Rite and throw them in a pot with some spices. Pretty cheap.
True. And they also have soup vegetable bundles in the produce aisle to help as well. As I mentioned before, I think the 40-can deal is good if you want to support a food bank. But I can probably go through 10 prior to expiration.

I would say many people ( couples/ families) can use 40 cans of Progresso soup within a winter period. I love when my wife makes homemade chicken noodle but it is somewhat time consuming. Homemade soups are great, nutritious and loved but who has the time.

True. And they also have soup vegetable bundles in the produce aisle to help as well. As I mentioned before, I think the 40-can deal is good if you want to support a food bank. But I can probably go through 10 prior to expiration.
You alone RUPete ? Expiration date is more than likely 2-3 years from DOM…Progresso is a pretty decent soup .

Bought a Pea Soup (all in one ) at Delicious Orchards…problem is the number of ingredients required is a cost to many who can’t afford it.

Maybe not 40 cans but maybe 10-20 would suffice? Example Bumblebee tuna. $1 per can and though not the quality as years ago still something that is used in dietary control, good for lunches or just when you are hungry. Still like tuna from can….the kid in me still resides.

Reactions: bac2therac
I would say many people ( couples/ families) can use 40 cans of Progresso soup within a winter period. I love when my wife makes homemade chicken noodle but it is somewhat time consuming. Homemade soups are great, nutritious and loved but who has the time.
I love getting to smell the soup/broth for 3 days while it's cooking. My wife always makes her own chicken/turkey broth, beef too.

Crazy that I remember this as a little kid. This tradition is almost as old as me. This was going on during the Vietnam war!

THIS, 100%

Homemade chicken soup, homemade tomato soup (I make mine from the tomatoes I can during the summer), homemade turkey soup after TG made with the turkey carcass.

I don't think I've had a can of soup since I was a kid.

• Love
Reactions: fsg2
THIS, 100%

Homemade chicken soup, homemade tomato soup (I make mine from the tomatoes I can during the summer), homemade turkey soup after TG made with the turkey carcass.

Love using holiday leftovers for soup. Xmas pime rib makes nice beef/barley.

THIS, 100%

Do you freeze portions to make it last or are you able to go through it fast enough in most cases?

The lady in front of me yesterday had 20-24. I didn't know about the sale. Makes sense now

THIS, 100%

Yep made the most delicious turkey noodle soup using bones and leftovers after both tday and xmas. Canned soups are way too salty and i find i can get away with very little salt in my soups by seasoning everything up and throwing in chili powder

Reactions: borochop and BossNJ
Haha its very crowded not in po eople but too much product

I still go to the Hillsborough one more which is also outdated but like the homey neighborhood feel
I go to Lawrenceville which is not much better than Montgomery.

Btw, the best SR I’ve ever been to is the one in Glassboro. That place is fvcking awesome. Modern, clean, organized, and they have great prepared foods. Owned by a family called Zallie’s who own several in south Jersey. I wish they had locations up here.

Reactions: bac2therac
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT