ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ShopRite can can sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go to Lawrenceville which is not much better than Montgomery.

Btw, the best SR I’ve ever been to is the one in Glassboro. That place is fvcking awesome. Modern, clean, organized, and they have great prepared foods. Owned by a family called Zallie’s who own several in south Jersey. I wish they had locations up here.

There are plans to build a brand spanking new shoprite in Hillsborough in the next few years if I make it that long

I find the prepared stuff in shoprite to be pretty poor for the price

Reactions: BossNJ
There are plans to build a brand spanking new shoprite in Hillsborough in the next few years if I make it that long

You are correct a brand spanking new one. I would expect a 70—90 k square foot one. All depends on the politics.

Reactions: bac2therac
With digital coupon, 40 cans of Progresso soup is $48.00 instead of $131.60. (Can get up to 4 sets of 10). Nothing like a hot bowl of soup on a cold winter day.

PS- Where did Heavnly go? He was the shopping tip guy.
FYI: Unfortunately the coupon is only good on first 10 cans of progresso. The three other offers would be 30 for $45 (instead of $36).

Still a great deal at $1.50/can. I think walmart is $2.18/can.

Maybe another $3.00 coupon next week.

BTW: Campbell's condensed soup (including cream soups) are 10 for $10.00, no coupon needed.

Last edited:

Come on bro you’re good..

FYI: Unfortunately the coupon is only good on first 10 cans of progresso. The three other offers would be 30 for $45 (instead of $36).

Still a great deal at $1.50/can. I think walmart is $2.18/can.

Maybe another $3.00 coupon next week.

BTW: Campbell's condensed soup (including cream soups) are 10 for $10.00, no coupon needed.
The $3 digital coupon is good up to 4 groups of 10 in a single check out. If you buy 10 cans and use the digital coupon once, you can't buy another 10 and get the sale.
I bought 40 cans in a single check out and it was $48 dollars. Yes I will eat them long before the expiration date of Sept 2025 :-)

Reactions: RUBOB72
I hate the digital coupon system. It is to trick people to pay more. Shoprite gets the products to sell at that sale price, but if a person didn't go circle it online they don't get the sale. Just a few years ago a digital coupon wasn't needed to buy the soups and canned goods, just had to buy 10 cans worth.
Originally I used the digital coupons to get a free movie out of the movie rental machine.

Btw, the best SR I’ve ever been to is the one in Glassboro. That place is fvcking awesome. Modern, clean, organized, and they have great prepared foods. Owned by a family called Zallie’s who own several in south Jersey. I wish they had locations up here.
When I lived in Forked River, I used to go to the Shoprite in Waretown. It was brand new and very clean. Well organized too.

Reactions: BossNJ
The $3 digital coupon is good up to 4 groups of 10 in a single check out. If you buy 10 cans and use the digital coupon once, you can't buy another 10 and get the sale.
I bought 40 cans in a single check out and it was $48 dollars. Yes I will eat them long before the expiration date of Sept 2025 :-)
Interesting....Coupon said only good on 10 cans. Bummer.

I hate the digital coupon system. It is to trick people to pay more. Shoprite gets the products to sell at that sale price, but if a person didn't go circle it online they don't get the sale. Just a few years ago a digital coupon wasn't needed to buy the soups and canned goods, just had to buy 10 cans worth.
Originally I used the digital coupons to get a free movie out of the movie rental machine.
Well the customer knows in order to receive the price on the digital coupon item it must be downloaded . Ding DIng Ding… most retailers who offer this abide by the rules. If you do notice something you did not receive the discount stop at the courtesy counter. They will ALWAYS correct it for the customer.

This isn't the official Can Can sale. It starts Sunday. This is what they are calling a kickoff sale. Very limited compared to what's on sale starting Sunday. They usually release the future circular sometime Friday so there is no need to rush out for bargains on a certain items as those sales maybe continued. It's all planned out months ago.

Reactions: Extra Point
It usually since its initial first few years 71-72-73 was extended for 4-5 weeks. It is a great sale and now other chains try to duplicate its success. Remember it’s all about the volume and inventory turns… manufactures have allowed for this yearly now bi yearly program.

This isn't the official Can Can sale. It starts Sunday. This is what they are calling a kickoff sale. Very limited compared to what's on sale starting Sunday. They usually release the future circular sometime Friday so there is no need to rush out for bargains on a certain items as those sales maybe continued. It's all planned out months ago.
So they will probably have the digital coupons for the soups and tuna again. They do the same for the bottled water, every week there is another digital coupon for 3 cases of bottled water, sometimes for the shoprite brand and sometimes for the poland spring brand.

And the tuna digital coupon sale is only for the 5 ounce cans. There are two different sized cans sometimes mixed in. It's easy to grab the wrong size.

I get prime rib at SR every Christmas.
They have a digital coupon for $4 off a lb ($9 reg).
On checkout you get hit with $4 service charge if you pay online.
I only get 3 lbs game so I just pay in store where you get better deal with purchase of $10 in other items.
Some of those prime ribs are like $165 size but I dont need all that.
Having shopped FoodTown for year SR is much better.
I believe SR is non-profit
We got a new store a couple years ago but people miss the old one (new parking lot sucks and prices went up).

Last edited:
So they will probably have the digital coupons for the soups and tuna again. They do the same for the bottled water, every week there is another digital coupon for 3 cases of bottled water, sometimes for the shoprite brand and sometimes for the poland spring brand.
The good thing is the new circular will be out soon so you could play play both sides. Get this week's sales you like and get next week's at your convenience before next Sunday

And the tuna digital coupon sale is only for the 5 ounce cans. There are two different sized cans sometimes mixed in. It's easy to grab the wrong size.
What other size. They switched from 6oz to 5oz years ago and then the jumbo size. Is there another smaller can?

If you are ever shopping in North Jersey both Paramus and Englewood are solid. Prepared foods mediocre but bakeries excellent.

THIS, 100%

Homemade chicken soup, homemade tomato soup (I make mine from the tomatoes I can during the summer), homemade turkey soup after TG made with the turkey carcass.

I don't think I've had a can of soup since I was a kid.
I can make a great butternut squash soup and my wife makes great chicken soup but when it comes to tomato I still love Campbells with milk instead of water and maybe a little butter

You can get them to load the digital coupon on your card at the store.

The Ronzoni at 99 cents is really a deal

Yep, just picked up a bunch of boxes tonight. Doesn't look like we'll be going back to pre-pandemic sales of 69 cents a box.

Learned a new term today from an article on a French grocery store that's dropping Pepsi products: "shrinkflation" - that means instead of increasing the price, they reduce the amount being sold. I've seen a number of instances of it: the latest is the coffee beans Tyler brings up for me from VA. The bags have now gone from 12 oz to 11 oz for the same price. Terrific. Another example is what they (Tropicana, Florida's Natural, etc.) sell for a 2 quart container of OJ. Used to be 2 quarts, i.e., 64 oz. Then it went to 59. Then 56. Now it's down to 52 ounces. That's almost a 20% decrease in product. Here's another sneaky one they did about 10-12 years ago: they reduced the size of a sheet of toilet paper from 4½ inches square to 4 inches square. Now you may say, half an inch, what's the big deal? Well, 4.5 inches square is 20.25 square inches of material while 4 inches is 16. That's a 25% decrease in material for each square. Sneaky.

Learned a new term today from an article on a French grocery store that's dropping Pepsi products: "shrinkflation" - that means instead of increasing the price, they reduce the amount being sold. I've seen a number of instances of it: the latest is the coffee beans Tyler brings up for me from VA. The bags have now gone from 12 oz to 11 oz for the same price. Terrific. Another example is what they (Tropicana, Florida's Natural, etc.) sell for a 2 quart container of OJ. Used to be 2 quarts, i.e., 64 oz. Then it went to 59. Then 56. Now it's down to 52 ounces. That's almost a 20% decrease in product. Here's another sneaky one they did about 10-12 years ago: they reduced the size of a sheet of toilet paper from 4½ inches square to 4 inches square. Now you may say, half an inch, what's the big deal? Well, 4.5 inches square is 20.25 square inches of material while 4 inches is 16. That's a 25% decrease in material for each square. Sneaky.
That policy of products containing less oz but paying more has been an industry trend for awhile now. With the toilet paper just make sure your fingers don’t get in the way. 🙏

The good thing is the new circular will be out soon so you could play play both sides. Get this week's sales you like and get next week's at your convenience before next Sunday

Ive been getting mine on Wednesday the past 3 weeks

Like a kid getting a new comic book!

Reactions: WhiteBus
Almost every snack has shrunk by at least 2oz sometimes 3oz over the past 5 years while prices rose..by 1/3..double whammy

Gatorade isnt 32 oz anymore

PB isnt 16 oz

Mayo isnt 16 oz

Just adds to the inflation mess from the last 3 years and beef prices have become outrageous

I can't wait until the new ShopRite opens in Middlesex Mall. It'll replace the one down the road on Centennial Ave. in Piscataway, which has the worst parking lot imaginable. There's an accident there every few days. Also, the store's aisles are very narrow and the shelves are too high. Every time I go there someone asks me to grab something for them from the top shelf.

The new store is expected to open by April...hopefully sooner.

Almost every snack has shrunk by at least 2oz sometimes 3oz over the past 5 years while prices rose..by 1/3..double whammy

Gatorade isnt 32 oz anymore

PB isnt 16 oz

Mayo isnt 16 oz

Just adds to the inflation mess from the last 3 years and beef prices have become outrageous

28 oz on Gatorade ...then they have the gall to say there's extra, as if it's a larger version of the 20 oz bottle.

THIS, 100%

Homemade chicken soup, homemade tomato soup (I make mine from the tomatoes I can during the summer), homemade turkey soup after TG made with the turkey carcass.

I don't think I've had a can of soup since I was a kid.

THIS....Just finished our homemade TG Turkey Stock last week. Made homemade chicken soup last night for my boys.....used a Costco Rotisserie chicken to make the bone broth from carcass last week.

Note - even though I don't like the cans..... my wife and oldest do like certain Progresso soups so we will get them this week for him to bring back to RU.

Reactions: MrsScrew
the first time I noticed that was with ice cream, it was always sold in half gallon containers, now not so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT