ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

+1
Hard to take GME seriously! It's 100% gambling.
GME is the equivalent of Radio Shack. I can’t figure out what the heck the Chewy guy or anyone for that matter is thinking other than using it as a pump and dump scheme. If the strategy is to transition to online gaming, you don’t need GME with its 5000+ retail stores. Why would anyone start with a brick-and-mortar? It’s like buying Barnes&Nobles because you think you can convert it into an online reading platform. Disposing of the real estate alone will destroy the balance sheet.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Lucid = Nikola
My prediction: Lucid will not deliver a single vehicle in 2021.
Spoke about this the other day, but NKLA wasn't supposed to be EV. It's predominantly meant to be a hydrogen producer. There whole business was more model then business, so none of it was actually real(and some of it was actually fake) but the EV was far astray from their core philosophy.

Lucid = Nikola
My prediction: Lucid will not deliver a single vehicle in 2021.
I know we never agree on anything EV related, but it’s hard to ignore that CCIV is led by IB Michael Klein with backing by Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund. CEO and CTO Peter Rawlinson was the chief engineer at Tesla for the model S. This crew isn’t going to embarrass themselves by pulling a Nikola.

Reactions: rurahrah000
I know we never agree on anything EV related, but it’s hard to ignore that CCIV is led by IB Michael Klein with backing by Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund. CEO and CTO Peter Rawlinson was the chief engineer at Tesla for the model S. This crew isn’t going to embarrass themselves by pulling a Nikola.
Ya Lucid does not appear to be heading down the NKLA road.

But as belly post's correctly alludes, they have not yet produced an actual vehicle.

Spoke about this the other day, but NKLA wasn't supposed to be EV. It's predominantly meant to be a hydrogen producer. There whole business was more model then business, so none of it was actually real(and some of it was actually fake) but the EV was far astray from their core philosophy.
Neither Nikola or Lucid want to sell you a vehicle. They want to sell you their stock.
Hours after the merger, Lucid announced production delays and 2021 delivery estimates cut from 6,000 to less than 600. I'm certainly not an expert, but this sounds like defrauding investors to me.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
GME is the equivalent of Radio Shack. I can’t figure out what the heck the Chewy guy or anyone for that matter is thinking other than using it as a pump and dump scheme. If the strategy is to transition to online gaming, you don’t need GME with its 5000+ retail stores. Why would anyone start with a brick-and-mortar? It’s like buying Barnes&Nobles because you think you can convert it into an online reading platform. Disposing of the real estate alone will destroy the balance sheet.
And Sam Goody and Suncoast! LOL.

GME is just pure manipulation.

Neither Nikola or Lucid want to sell you a vehicle. They want to sell you their stock.
Hours after the merger, Lucid announced production delays and 2021 delivery estimates cut from 6,000 to less than 600. I'm certainly not an expert, but this sounds like defrauding investors to me.
In Lucid's case? C'mon.

I don't even care about Lucid so whatever, but you TSLA guys go weird on any non TSLA EV.

Lucid is miles and miles behind Telsa. Will they caught up? Maybe, but maybe not. That's a risky road to go down with plenty of potholes.

In Lucid's case? C'mon.

I don't even care about Lucid so whatever, but you TSLA guys go weird on any non TSLA EV.
Not true. I'm all in on electric transportation. I'm an environmentalist first, Tesla bull 2nd. Tesla can't do this alone. The more EVs the better. I should probably convey these feelings more often.

I'm also aware that making profitable, compelling EVs is really f-ing difficult! Look no further than the epic disaster of the Mercedes EQC. Does Mercedes have some of the best automotive engineers? Absolutely, but even they failed at EVs.
I would urge you to take a look at Lucid's most recent slide deck. Loaded with wild assumptions.

Yes and one of them will be Apple. Lately, people seem to be forgetting about them
Maybe, that recent deal with whoever didn't actually go through.

Apple seems to be putting it out there, but it sounds stock holders aren't exactly hot on the idea.

Last edited:
Selling the last of my precious metals plays, SMTS, a silver miner, did well with it, but it has given up a fair amount of those gains recently.

Just not sure if this group ever gets going again.

Gold funds in the toilet also and glad I got out at the right time. I’m thinking it might be the right time to move back in shortly.
People were expecting the next leg in the fall, and it never happened. Would make sense for it to get going now in the face of this stimulus bill, and it still trends downward.

Whether you believe in it or not, as T2K points out above, the money is going towards Crypto. In a huge way.

Question, as always, is do those trends continue?

Anybody looking at AMYZF ?

Patented technology to recycle cathod materials - could be a big future play in the world of EVs spitting out dead batteries. Wonder what anybody's thoughts are?
AMYZF up 25% today.

Edit: Up another 12% this morning.

So short term it has been a winner.

Still needs to prove itself in the long term, but again, this is a sector that is going to be in demand.

Reactions: theRU
What's the correlation with stocks or the economy in general?
how much time do you have? LOL

I'll just say that it's an inverse correlation between stocks and yield. Traditional valuation uses a math formula that involves a risk free rate (treasury). If everything remains constant and RFR goes up, valuation will be lower. However, this doesn't not apply to the new valuation method of what Musk is tweeting.

I get that bond yields are at historical lows so people buy stocks to chase yields. And if bond yields increase, it could lead to outflows from stocks.

But what had changed in the past 12 months to cause bond yields to rise and investors to take notice?

Cathie Wood pumping Crypto again. This time, her analysis is saying it’s cheap if you compare it to Apple’s valuation. WTF?

she also said Bitcoin is the reserve currency of the crypto asset world. That’s two really dumb statements.

Last edited:
Another great day for some buying! Enjoy. Great economic news today, cases down, vaccine #3 soon. All time highs again in short order. Buy, buy, buy! :)

Cathie Wood pumping Crypto again. This time, her analysis is saying it’s cheap if you compare it to Apple’s valuation. WTF?

she also said Bitcoin is the reserve currency of the crypto asset world. That’s two really dumb statements.

bonkers; comparing one of the top companies in the world that has been generating a ton of recurring earnings for a long time to an instrument that generates nothing, other than using a mind boggling amount of energy in a world that is trying to reduce the level of energy use...... Cathie has jumped the shark.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: redking
bonkers; comparing one of the top companies in the world that has been generating a ton of recurring earnings for a long time to an instrument that generates nothing, other than using a mind boggling amount of energy in a world that is trying to reduce the level of energy use...... Kathy has jumped the shark.
Nothing wrong with believing in the future of BTC and cryptos. It's not going away.

oh Crap, TSLA is tanking, time for Cathie to buy a shit ton more, then announce to her followers that Tesla is cheap compared to AAPL

Last edited:
Reactions: RUAldo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT