ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

I saw some articles about META and their AI progress and was concerned about MSFT for about one second and then I remembered that META is still basically just a legacy social network hub and budding toy company. On the other hand, compared to Bitcoin, META’s valuation of over a trillion dollars seems downright cheap.
MSFT is an amazing stock, 900% gain in 10 years is great. Only has 15,000% to catch up to bitcoin’s gain over the same time 😂

Reactions: T2Kplus20
You are very angry at missing it all. My thoughts and prayers. :)
Not angry at all. As I tell my right-wing goldbug eye-doctor all the time, I’m not rich enough to buy gold (or BTC so we agree on that). Everyone’s concerned with the “inevitable” demise of the USD yet they continue voting for less tax enforcement and no tax increases on oligarchs. Strange days indeed. Federal deficits at less than 2-3% of GDP could be attained very easily without cutting benefits.

Reactions: redking
Not angry at all. As I tell my right-wing goldbug eye-doctor all the time, I’m not rich enough to buy gold (or BTC so we agree on that). Everyone’s concerned with the “inevitable” demise of the USD yet they continue voting for less tax enforcement and no tax increases on oligarchs. Strange days indeed. Federal deficits at less than 2-3% of GDP could be attained very easily without cutting benefits.
We collect a record amount of taxes, but the gov'ment is spending like a drunken sailor. That's the problem, not just for our national financial health, but it's one of the driving causes of recent inflation.

Reactions: RU in IM
Truth is you and everyone else can afford bitcoin. You don't need to buy a whole token, just buy whatever amount you're comfortable with.

Truth is you and everyone else can afford bitcoin. You don't need to buy a whole token, just buy whatever amount you're comfortable with.
Oooh. A whole token! Rather have an AI-winner stock…you know with actual cash flows.😂

We collect a record amount of taxes, but the gov'ment is spending like a drunken sailor. That's the problem, not just for our national financial health, but it's one of the driving causes of recent inflation.
Clueless. I’d be curious what third world power you’re benchmarking to.
I don’t disagree that fiscal deficits are way too high however.

Clueless. I’d be curious what third world power you’re benchmarking to.
I don’t disagree that fiscal deficits are way too high however.
US federal tax revenue is something easy to look up. The answer for reducing deficits is simple, cut spending.

US federal tax revenue is something easy to look up. The answer for reducing deficits is simple, cut spending.
So you’re saying under Clinton and Obama that the economy was weak? Clueless. Maybe you don’t remember the balanced budget in the late 90’s. I know MAGA’s think that is a deep state lie.😂

So you’re saying under Clinton and Obama that the economy was weak? Clueless. Maybe you don’t remember the balanced budget in the late 90’s. I know MAGA’s think that is a deep state lie.😂
You just cant keep politics out of it can you. MAGA this, right wing that. I'm pretty sure you been called out before in this thread for it as well

Reactions: RU-05 and RUDead
15 year record of growth, recognized by institutions and govts, but that's ok, no one is asking or pushing you to invest in it.
Extrapolate that out in perpetuity, big boy! I’m rootin’ for ya! I’m waiting til it passes the market value of gold to begin taking it seriously.

Extrapolate that out in perpetuity, big boy! I’m rootin’ for ya! I’m waiting til it passes the market value of gold to begin taking it seriously.
Gold at 16 trillion (over thousands of years of mining).
Bitcoin at 1.2 trillion (15 years of "mining"). If you can't afford a coin now, not only will you not be able to afford one at TMV of 16 trillion but you'll probably be too old or long gone by then.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Another sign of what "AI" will really be about

"The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is illegally collecting data of every citizen who invests in the stock market, according to a new lawsuit.

The New Civil Liberties Alliance (NCLA) filed the suit Tuesday against the SEC claiming that the agency, through its “Consolidated Audit Trail,” or “CAT,” program, is collecting mass amounts of personally identifiable data by forcing brokers, exchanges, clearing agencies and alternative trading systems to capture and send detailed information on every investor’s trades in U.S. markets to a centralized database.

The agency is doing so, NCLA says, without authorization from Congress and in violation of the Fourth Amendment, which prohibits unreasonable government search and seizure of private information.

Conceived during the Obama administration with bipartisan support within the Commission, the CAT program is a multibillion-dollar, self-appropriated fund, powered by various fees the SEC has collected through investment transactions, NCLA says. The group calls it “completely unlawful” and says it puts Americans’ financial data at “grave risk.”

Last edited:
Another sign of what "AI" will really be about

"The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is illegally collecting data of every citizen who invests in the stock market, according to a new lawsuit.

The New Civil Liberties Alliance (NCLA) filed the suit Tuesday against the SEC claiming that the agency, through its “Consolidated Audit Trail,” or “CAT,” program, is collecting mass amounts of personally identifiable data by forcing brokers, exchanges, clearing agencies and alternative trading systems to capture and send detailed information on every investor’s trades in U.S. markets to a centralized database.

The agency is doing so, NCLA says, without authorization from Congress and in violation of the Fourth Amendment, which prohibits unreasonable government search and seizure of private information.

Conceived during the Obama administration with bipartisan support within the Commission, the CAT program is a multibillion-dollar, self-appropriated fund, powered by various fees the SEC has collected through investment transactions, NCLA says. The group calls it “completely unlawful” and says it puts Americans’ financial data at “grave risk.”

The “NCLA” and the NY Post. A special-interest law firm and a tabloid. Good choice of sources. 😂

The “NCLA” and the NY Post. A special-interest law firm and a tabloid. Good choice of sources. 😂
Of course the facts are true - and they are in all kinds of sources confirming same.
AI is about building data bases about everyone - giving them official bureaucratic "shadows" that will follow them everywhere (like CCP uses). AI creators admit that as a goal. "Metaverse" is where reality goes to die and people are forced to conform to the hive. No surprise the EO pushing AI in gov agencies comes in election year. Americans are so naive its terminal.

"As an American, you have a right to privacy—unless you own stock. The Securities and Exchange Commission has created a centralized database to track the personal and financial information of every U.S. investor. Congress should immediately stop this unconstitutional power grab."

The SEC Wants to Spy on Your Portfolio​

The Consolidated Audit Trail will record your Social Security number and all your stock trades.​

Reactions: RUTGERS95
My favorite tabloid-level journalism these days is the legacy-billionaire-fawning drivel put out by the WSJ editorial board. Their lack of any nuance about the US energy sector is breathtaking.

Of course the facts are true - and they are in all kinds of sources confirming same.
AI is about building data bases about everyone - giving them official bureaucratic "shadows" that will follow them everywhere (like CCP uses). AI creators admit that as a goal. "Metaverse" is where reality goes to die and people are forced to conform to the hive. No surprise the EO pushing AI in gov agencies comes in election year. Americans are so naive its terminal.

"As an American, you have a right to privacy—unless you own stock. The Securities and Exchange Commission has created a centralized database to track the personal and financial information of every U.S. investor. Congress should immediately stop this unconstitutional power grab."

The Consolidated Audit Trail will record your Social Security number and all your stock trades.​

Now you’re citing an editorial, an opinion piece. Everybody has opinions. Whose opinions are “right”? It’s all BS.

The US government has been violating its citizens privacy in some very obvious ways ever since the Patriot act. The nation understandably freaked out after 9/11 and privacy has been continuously eroded by every admin, every congress, since then. It has been a fully bipartisan effort.

Welcome to privacy in the digital age. You are quite late to the party.

Reactions: redking
My favorite tabloid-level journalism these days is the legacy-billionaire-fawning drivel put out by the WSJ editorial board. Their lack of any nuance about the US energy sector is breathtaking.
It is nearly impossible to find information that isn’t extraordinarily slanted these days. The world is in a long-running disinformation battle. Modern marketing technique is the new weapon of mass destruction.

It is nearly impossible to find information that isn’t extraordinarily slanted these days. The world is in a long-running disinformation battle. Modern marketing technique is the new weapon of mass destruction.
Yeah. And Bill Maher is correct about the far-left loonies making polarization worse. I’m just astonished that people who would not face a tax increase under Biden (income <400K per year) fall for the Putin-style propaganda of the far-right.
Sadly all bubbles are now fully-inflated and now we watch to see which asset bubbles pop. Could bring new meaning to the term halving…

Last edited:

great post, few realize the implications

• Haha
Reactions: ashokan and mildone

VZ earnings this morning looked solid, up 3% in premarket. If it holds it might approach that resistance level in 43 to mid 40s range again. I was hoping it would drop a little more in this last dip to reload some of the shares I sold but oh well.

Noticed ARM was whacked like rest of tech/semis and approaching the gap in the mid 70s. If tech stays under pressure wonder if it won't close that gap (gaps like to be closed, not always though) and possibly lower.

CAVA (a potential CMG in the future?) another IPO less than a year old sitting around the the 50DMA.

Reactions: RU-Hunter and RU-05

VZ earnings this morning looked solid, up 3% in premarket. If it holds it might approach that resistance level in 43 to mid 40s range again. I was hoping it would drop a little more in this last dip to reload some of the shares I sold but oh well.

Noticed ARM was whacked like rest of tech/semis and approaching the gap in the mid 70s. If tech stays under pressure wonder if it won't close that gap (gaps like to be closed, not always though) and possibly lower.

CAVA (a potential CMG in the future?) another IPO less than a year old sitting around the the 50DMA.
Sadly, I dumped my ARM puts when the stock consolidated and essentially flatlined. ARM is shockingly overvalued even for tech/semis.

VZ may come back to me yet. Initial strength of earnings fading. Wait and see.

GEV also continuing to yoyo. A drop into the mid to high 120s and I might add the position again that I exited at 138.

Given this slide is TSLA poised for a rebound off earnings tomorrow?
Stock price isn't about good or bad, only if something is better or worse than expectations. Stocks routinely benefit from crazy low expectations (e.g., I'm up 40-45% on DIS).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT