ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Who else is still working?

Postman_1

All Conference
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2017
So who is still working with all that is going on? I am a IBEW Union electrician and have not missed any time yet. I am working tomorrow in New Brunswick and Monday in Somerset. Even if Murphy shuts down non essential business this weekend I guess they are deeming my job essential. I know I am lucky to work but nothing I am doing is essential. Its a construction job site at a data center. My boss is already trying to get some kind of badge made for our vehicles saying we are essential. I just dont get it. Seems like money over safety to me. My wife also works for the state taxation dept and she still has to go in as well.

Reactions: JRZEER
Both my wife and I are working from home. I'm in finance and she works in the general council's office at the museum of natural history.

Working from home for the foreseeable future. As a software engineer it's not a real issue, just remote connect into my work machine. Although I do wish I had that 2nd 24" monitor instead of the laptop screen. (But we all have to make sacrifices.) We are doing a 10AM conference call with the whole crew every morning just to keep some sense of continuity.

So who is still working with all that is going on? I am a IBEW Union electrician and have not missed any time yet. I am working tomorrow in New Brunswick and Monday in Somerset. Even if Murphy shuts down non essential business this weekend I guess they are deeming my job essential. I know I am lucky to work but nothing I am doing is essential. Its a construction job site at a data center. My boss is already trying to get some kind of badge made for our vehicles saying we are essential. I just dont get it. Seems like money over safety to me. My wife also works for the state taxation dept and she still has to go in as well.
456?

Wfh, operational risk and business continuity, @ global bank. Oversee global risk controls

Working from home, management consulting. Days are longer now. Clients and teaming partners think that because you're home, you're available and responsive 24/7.

Reactions: RU205
Hall said we are working as long as the state says we can.

No real way to do social distancing in our line of work. I was at a job in Clifton last week and was over 300 contractors on site. Some people working rite on top of eachother basically. You worried about it at all?

Working right now? No
Working in general? Yes
I have an office-based job (pharma), so we are just all home for the next few weeks.

Good for anyone working ... hope all stay well and remember to wag your hands.

So far still working - physical therapy. Scheduling one patient an hour, and maintaining social distancing. Should come to an end soon, as no one is having elective surgeries.

I work in Paint & Hardware... Not sure what's going to happen over these next few days...

So far still working - physical therapy. Scheduling one patient an hour, and maintaining social distancing. Should come to an end soon, as no one is having elective surgeries.
Also PT here. Our facility which is hospital based is closed down for the next two weeks except for high priority patients like post ops and acute injuries. Will be open 3 times a week for 4 hours, hour for each patient.

Still working. I own a food distribution business and I travel all over the state. I'm in and out of stores all day long - delis, pizza shops, supermarkets - so I feel like I'm on the front lines of thing.

I'll be honest...I'm scared shit I'm getting exposed and bringing it home to the wife and kids every day but I need to work and do my part to keep this economy going. I'm taking precautions before I even enter the house to hopefully cut down risks.

I've also begun wearing a bandana to cover my face while I work. I know it's not fool proof but with my occupation if I'm an asymptomatic spreader I'm at least keeping as many germs to myself as possible.

Teaching first grade from home. The first 2-3 days were pretty intense and involved, but the last 2 have settled down a lot. Will pick up again next week when we add more aspects to the curriculum.

Working from home now. IT Architect for mobility networks. (i.e. make your cell phone work)

I have two full-time jobs and both are still going. I work for the Port Authority doing maintenance at the Holland Tunnel, and I am a driver at a car dealership. No idea why the dealership is still open. Regardless of how little the ownership group seems to care about our well-being, we've had such little business this week it's been like Plankton waiting for his first customer at the Chum Bucket.

I'm an ENT physician and office is closed until we get the test results of employees exposed to a positive coronavirus patient. Just finished my 14 day quarantine and looks like we will close until at least April 1st.

The difference for me is that I'm now telecommuting 5 days per week instead of 2.

Still working. I own a food distribution business and I travel all over the state. I'm in and out of stores all day long - delis, pizza shops, supermarkets - so I feel like I'm on the front lines of thing.

I'll be honest...I'm scared shit I'm getting exposed and bringing it home to the wife and kids every day but I need to work and do my part to keep this economy going. I'm taking precautions before I even enter the house to hopefully cut down risks.

I've also begun wearing a bandana to cover my face while I work. I know it's not fool proof but with my occupation if I'm an asymptomatic spreader I'm at least keeping as many germs to myself as possible.

You be safe, Jason. The state needs your help.

I have two full-time jobs and both are still going. I work for the Port Authority doing maintenance at the Holland Tunnel, and I am a driver at a car dealership. No idea why the dealership is still open. Regardless of how little the ownership group seems to care about our well-being, we've had such little business this week it's been like Plankton waiting for his first customer at the Chum Bucket.

I work for CMD on the PATH end. I'm more on the office management side, so have been told to work three days on-site and two days remote per week. But my field staff are still coming in every day, being that most contractors are still working and transit-based construction is still deemed "essential".

Reactions: robcac26
Working from home with occasional trips to an office
My wife is a personal trainer and she is holding sessions via skype

Still going into the state office on Jersey Ave in New Brunswick everyday. We run the federal social security disability program. Actually working more hours than normal as we are getting more overtime than usual. We normally have about 80-90 in the office but are down to about 20 as anyone with daycare/school age kids are home, anyone over 60 is banned from coming in, or people with compromised immune systems along with a doctor's letter saying they should not be coming to work are all off.

Working right now? No
Working in general? Yes
I have an office-based job (pharma), so we are just all home for the next few weeks.

I'm in pharma development now working from home. Running joke is that we will be back in 2 weeks. If you want to make a wager......I'll take the over and guessing you'll be WFH at least until May.

Myself retail

We also know Whitebus working long days at shoprite
Yes I am. It's something I really do enjoy doing. Even through all of this. My beer supply chain is completely intact. My wine supply is out of wack but by the end of next week it will be better, I hope. Unfortunately it is only one of 2 states IIRC that wine and liquor is still completely run by State government.

Reactions: rucoe89
I'm in pharma development now working from home. Running joke is that we will be back in 2 weeks. If you want to make a wager......I'll take the over and guessing you'll be WFH at least until May.
Probably will be longer than a few weeks. Our office is so flexible that a lot of people work from home a few days a week anyway, so it's a light lift.

I'm a nurse, so yes, I'm working every day. MrScrew is working from home.
Or golfing. Just saying. It was awesome out today but I'm sure no hole in one because the world would know by now.
Stay safe and healthy Scews

Reactions: batts
Still working. I run a cemetery in PA and we're considered essential. Have closed the office doors and only meet with families by appointment though.

Reactions: JRZEER
Working from home for the foreseeable future. As a software engineer it's not a real issue, just remote connect into my work machine. Although I do wish I had that 2nd 24" monitor instead of the laptop screen. (But we all have to make sacrifices.) We are doing a 10AM conference call with the whole crew every morning just to keep some sense of continuity.

Same. I've been minimally impacted, feel horrible for others that don't have the same security I have.

A thank you to the OP, White Bus, hankee and others working retail and jobs that help keep our lives normal.

And a huge thanks to MrsScrew and others in the healthcare industry. Stay safe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT