ADVERTISEMENT

Pikiell Sucks

If want to blame someone then blame two players , Cam Spencer and Paul Mulcahy because they put coach Pickel in a difficult position. Some of these guys will look better next season but going forward with injuries and inconsistent play will be it this season so buckle up.

Why did he play the 3 guards?

So it allowed Gavin to guard a player that wouldn't expose him. We haven't played the 3 guards practically the entire season
I do think the way the Big 10 schedule happened hurt Griffiths' PT. Against Michigan he can go against Will Tschetter. Against Maryland he can go against Jamie Kaiser. Wisconsin and Northwestern are not wildly athletic.

Meanwhile teams we played early like Illinois, Ohio State, Michigan State, and Nebraska (add Wake Forest and Mississippi State too) were much more athletic on the wing.

Let's be honest.....my confidence level of him being within 5% of being a 25% shooter is pretty high. I a a statistics minor and i realize my reasoning would get me a F
Mine would be very low. He's definitely over 30% from 3 if he had a large sample size. He was 46% and 36% the last two seasons

Reactions: fluoxetine
Let's be honest.....my confidence level of him being within 5% of being a 25% shooter is pretty high. I a a statistics minor and i realize my reasoning would get me a F

Mine would be very low. He's definitely over 30% from 3 if he had a large sample size. He was 46% and 36% the last two seasons
Yeah I don't really understand GRF here. He's 32.1% career. Why would you put him on the range 20-30%?

Reactions: Scangg
If want to blame someone then blame two players , Cam Spencer and Paul Mulcahy because they put coach Pickel in a difficult position. Some of these guys will look better next season but going forward with injuries and inconsistent play will be it this season so buckle up.
Don’t blame them … blame the short sighted staff who never thought they would leave. Did you support NIL? Or in favor of establishing a pay for play system? No this is on Pikiell, staff and Rutgers NIL funding.

Here's the issue. This place puts way too much stock into making the NCAA tournament.

Relative to Rutgers (who has neglected sports for years), yes it's a big deal. Relative to our league? No.

Literally all the dude needed to do was finish in the top half of the league and you're given a tournament bid. Not that impressive tbh

Here's the issue. This place puts way too much stock into making the NCAA tournament.

Relative to Rutgers (who has neglected sports for years), yes it's a big deal. Relative to our league? No.

Literally all the dude needed to do was finish in the top half of the league and you're given a tournament bid. Not that impressive tbh.
Youre right but people dont wanna hear it. For example, power rankings wise, big ten football was down this year. Since theres separate divisions, we look at fpi power index rankings. Rutgers football finished 7th. Which means if it was bball, thats a tourney team. But no one is sucking schiano off for finishing 7th after taking over a MASSIVE rebuild. But in pikes 4th year when he finished 10th amongst big ten teams in kenpom people wanted a statue built.

People have much higher expectations of schiano than pike. Not sure why.

Reactions: The RUT
Don’t blame them … blame the short sighted staff who never thought they would leave. Did you support NIL? Or in favor of establishing a pay for play system? No this is on Pikiell, staff and Rutgers NIL funding.
If they are going to decide to leave don’t play games with the back and forth thoughts, both of them had plenty of time to inform coach Pickel of there decisions , every other player did without the fish and games , one of them ended up coming back and what makes matters worse is Paul Mulcahy positioned status never changed lol , still playing off the bench and remember he went figuring he could be a full time starter you know that guy lol but never happened.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Not sure what you are watching but Oskar is 6 for 24 from 3 which is worst of any of the players other than Cliff or Woolfolk; He is a liability on defense and should not be playing at this point he brings zero to the table
What does Woolfolk bring other than a warm body to spell Cliff ? He’s not even half as talented and valuable as Reiber was.

Oskar is definitely a better three point shooter than the backcourt chuckers we have, plus he’s tall enough to get rebounds on a team that desperately needs help there.

Not saying he’s among the most talented players we have, but he does help address glaring needs.

They hated Greg Schiano from day one. Why? They saw him as a Joe Paterno Penn State guy and not the up and coming 32 year old with more experience than many others. We sucked his first 3 years … we had little money , no infrastructure , no chance to get to this level. Our leadership other than Bob Mulcahy was poor. Talent was limited. He wasn’t the choice of some former players and that is just a fact… they felt he did not respond to their suggestions for where the program’s direction should be going . More than most realized in the general fanbase . Fans loved his energy but doubted he would ever succeed. People still fing cry about him bringing 80 recruits to a National TV game…RU kidding me? Pikiell will succeed and Schiano will succeed but it takes $$$$ now more than ever.

Reactions: Anteid
If coach Pickel had enough time to find the right replacements then this post wouldn’t be here , he had to settle for what he could find and obviously it’s not working out how ever he has some good players coming in next season and the only thing that concerns me is the loss of big cliff , other wise they will be fine next season and like deon sanders quoted !! You better get me now while you can lol

Reactions: Loyal-Son
If they are going to decide to leave don’t play games with the back and forth thoughts, both of them had plenty of time to inform coach Pickel of there decisions , every other player did without the fish and games , one of them ended up coming back and what makes matters worse is Paul Mulcahy positioned status never changed lol , still playing off the bench and remember he went figuring he could be a full time starter you know that guy lol but never happened.
It’s Pikiell not Pickle moron

If coach Pickel had enough time to find the right replacements then this post wouldn’t be here , he had to settle for what he could find and obviously it’s not working out how ever he has some good players coming in next season and the only thing that concerns me is the loss of big cliff , other wise they will be fine next season and like deon sanders quoted !! You better get me now while you can lol
I would tend to agree with you. My one problem is that Pike went after Noah before any of the Cam and Paul stuff happened.
Noah has been terrible. Makes me question if Pike would have found anyone better if Paul an Cam had left earlier.

Reactions: Anteid
I would tend to agree with you. My one problem is that Pike went after Noah before any of the Cam and Paul stuff happened.
Noah has been terrible. Makes me question if Pike would have found anyone better if Paul a Cam had left earlier.
Yeah true but remember most of the batch was gone from the portal and Noah was the only one good enough to get at the last minute

Watch who you calling moron idiot, you don’t see me calling anyone names on this post so don’t be so disrespectful unless that how you’re parents taught you to be knucklehead.
Watch who you calling moron idiot, you don’t see me calling anyone names on this post so don’t be so disrespectful unless that how you’re parents taught you to be knucklehead.
You do know the guy’s name is Pikiell NOT Pickle…know the name before making your posts….

My parents? Don’t bring up parents , wives , kids then … you proved my original point.

il_fullxfull.3860048966_6lzy.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
You do know there is such a thing as typo right and we see it all the time Mr perfect and it doesn’t make a person a moron and I don’t have to give an explanation to someone who is being stupid

Reactions: shields
There are no typos, there are only the Real Fans who know the coach's name is Coach Stove Pickle and those other morons with subpar upbringings who think it is Pikiell.

O

Noah has been terrible. Makes me question if Pike would have found anyone better if Paul a Cam had left earlier.
If Noah has been terrible, what does that make Gavin and Woolfolk ? What term means worse than terrible ?

At least he’s had some very good games. We’ve really moved the goalposts for Gavin. Now we celebrate 11 points, 1 rebound and less than 5 turnovers as if he’s the next coming of Dan Waterstradt (RIP) or Jamal Phillips.

Last edited:
Noah has been terrible. Makes me question if Pike would have found anyone better if Paul an Cam had left earlier.
If Cam and Paul stayed it wouldn't have mattered as much though. Noah would just be at the end of the bench behind Paul Cam Simpson JMike Gavin

Problem is with Paul and Cam gone, we were counting on Noah being a legit B1G starting PG and he's not anywhere close to that unfortunately

Why did he play the 3 guards?

So it allowed Gavin to guard a player that wouldn't expose him. We haven't played the 3 guards practically the entire season

I dunno. Wondering if it was because he wanted a higher level of ball security due to a combination of PSU Defense and RU making a lot of unforced errors with the ball.

I dunno. Wondering if it was because he wanted a higher level of ball security due to a combination of PSU Defense and RU making a lot of unforced errors with the ball.
This wasnt the 1st time we saw ball pressure. Only explanation is to hide Gavin on D

What was the infatuation with Noah Fernandes? It pissed off Paul and likely caused his defection. That initial
portal bumble in turn has ruined Cliff.

We never needed a pg, we needed a glass cleaning big and a shooter. Those additions should have been doable in the portal with the exit of Jalen Miller, Dean Reiber, and the ever useless Oskar Palmquist.

As far as figuring it out, I still think Mag holds value for next year, we shouldn't alienate him and it seems like Pike is trying to give him some rest. After seeing his backstory and beautiful host family from Napa, these are connections you have to keep.

GG should be starting the rest of the year. And J-Mike will be on the roster with Ace.

Everyone else is expendable assuming Pike has a proper plan for the portal. We need more CJ Gettys, Cams, and Yeboahs to pair with the dynamic duo

This years portal crop is a gaggle of Souf Mensah’s.

Lastly, Pat Hobbs needs use his law degree to make some noise about the ncaa sitting on their hands about Jeremiah Williams.

Yeah true but remember most of the batch was gone from the portal and Noah was the only one good enough to get at the last minute
Noah was brought in first when all options were on the table…the Williams’, the Swedish boomerang who still sucks, and Ogbole were the portal pickens in July after late defections and waiting for cliff’s nba decision.

Reactions: Nycrusupporter
This wasnt the 1st time we saw ball pressure. Only explanation is to hide Gavin on D

I realize you have a hyper focus on Gavin on D, but their guards were the driving force that beat us both on O and D (with help from a 1-17 6% from 3 point effort). I think that GG was guarding O'Boyle. IMO Pike was reacting to their guard play which caused a significant amount of points off of turnovers and was also able to effectively keep RU guard penetration to a minimum. When we did get to the rim Wahab was an effective rim protector .....getting past that we missed a pass or some gimme layups (as usual).

I’m not sure anyone currently playing other than JMike and Gavin (now that he’s finally playing) will be next year. I expect JWill and O will be back but they of course haven’t played yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT