ADVERTISEMENT

Should Rutgers, New Brunswick be Moved to Western NJ??

Just like we have Rutgers Newark and Rutgers Camden we can now have:
  • Rutgers Flemington
  • Rutgers Alpha
  • Rutgers Phillipsburg
Sorry Al we are not moving Rutgers but the state can use a true northern NJ rural campus where there is land to build. maybe it can be the University of NJ 1 day.

I wasn't sure but after this thread you are a TROLL!!!

Don't take this personally but I'm not sure what's more pathetic, Al's post or the fact that this post is the one that finally put you over the top in realizing the troll he is. He's the biggest attention whore on this site, and that's saying something.

I'm breaking my position of never responding in a rutgersal thread to just offer this: i graduated from the same university as him....how pathetic am I....

Maybe we could move it to a nice quiet space in West Virginia. Dumbest thing I've read this week and that includes a lot of stupidity around the debate...

He's not so off the wall gentlemen. Have you guys looked at RU and New Brunswick's police blotter lately? People are being robbed at gun point right on Easton Ave and robbies involving aggravated assaults are taking place as early as 9pm. However, with all the construction and renovation Rutgers is not going anywhere.
Look at the police blotter at a lot of schools that are in cities. New Haven ( Yale) might be the worse.

We could start from scratch, with a clean sheet of paper,and build a nice, state of the art campus, that will be good for the next 1,000 years. Our campus is currently a negative, when you compare to UNC, UVA, maryland, penn state, michigan, which have much nicer campuses, imo.

There's something charming about being in a bucolic setting, just like Penn State is.

What do you think?
Funny, somebody once in a while suggests (tongue in cheek) kicking the Naval Academy out of Annapolis and moving UMD onto that campus...

Reactions: Bamm Bamm Rubble
We are secretly building "Mt Rutgersmore" in the far west foothills of Hillsborough and Sussex Counties (The thought process being that two counties are better than a city and a township).

Stewart's Root Beer Field @ Trenton Pork Roll Stadium (complete with castle, moat, and death star) will be located inside the head of Greg Schiano with all other athletic facilities, just to the left of Colonel Henry Rutgers (general education, et al), Paul Robeson (fine arts), and James Gandolfini (protection and custodial services).

Our Alma Mater will now be known as "On The Banks Of The Old Delaware" and RugersAl Stadium will overlook Pennsyltucky.

There will be only a single road into and out of Mt Rutgersmore in an effort to make it feel more like all those other "land grant U's" to our west and south.

:cool2:

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Dam, now we have to argue about the borders of north, south, central AND west Jersey

Ok.I'll play. Ringoes in honor of one of our long time posters.? Lambertville? Frenchtown?Phillipsburg? All on the mighty mighty Delaware. I know!. Washington's Crossing. Then we could have campuses on both sides of the river. In two different states...:clap:

Lets entertain the crazy idea for just a moment...

Questions:

1) Can Rutgers sell its assets for enough money to buy land and rebuild?
2) Could the build be financed while the university operates in its current location?
3) Would the state allow it without guarantees to use all union labor for the whole process?
4) Would a proper location be found in this state? Would the state support the infrastructure build-out to support it like they did for Xanadu and MetLife Stadium? Without giving up autonomy to the Norcross/Sweeny dicktatorship?
5) Could this be combined with a high speed rail line effort.. like down the Jersey Shore?

If all this could be answered positively... the you can entertain the loss of identity associated with New Brunswick,the Raritan River, 30 minute train ride to Manhattan, etc. But, yeah, I get the point, what if a school Rutgers size could rebuild from scratch with a unified campus built to suit its needs and control the growth of a town that grows up around it to support it? Certainly there are places in Ocean/Burlington where this could happen.. Lakehurst/McGuire maybe?

It is a crazy idea that probably could not pass the first test of feasibility.. could selling the assets fund a rebuild.

The U of Washington moved in 1891

A whole bunch of countries moved their capitals

Last edited:
Prediction: The next state-affiliated college/university will be constructed in Murray Hill, NJ on what was originally the Bell Labs property, which has morphed into an Alcatel-Lucent property, now Nokia property. The Finnish company Nokia will shift all the current work there to other places around the globe within the next decade. The 200 or so acre property/facility already has a campus feel to it. Would be a great place for an engineering/science-focused school. Maybe NJ's Purdue on a smaller scale.

Willie the Silent would be whistling all the time with the country girls the new campus would bring.

Prediction: The next state-affiliated college/university will be constructed in Murray Hill, NJ on what was originally the Bell Labs property, which has morphed into an Alcatel-Lucent property, now Nokia property. The Finnish company Nokia will shift all the current work there to other places around the globe within the next decade. The 200 or so acre property/facility already has a campus feel to it. Would be a great place for an engineering/science-focused school. Maybe NJ's Purdue on a smaller scale.
I always thought Ft. Monmouth shoud have been the next NJ college location. Everythng needed for a school was on that land.

Opening this thread:
l0HlMEjL8hiEgY7bq.gif

I favor a second major state university to be built from scratch in Deep South Jersey, one of the Cumberland County towns. Call it NJ State or UNJ. Or convert Rowan into NJ State. You get a two hour drive from North Jersey with in-state tuition. Sports? Start out as FCS then go FBS and we have an in-state rival.

I know where there is some land in the area that could be sold for the right price, tell the powers that be to message me.

The issue with the crime is New Brunswick won't allow apartments over 3-4 stories I believe without having to pay an insane amount of money to do so. so students keep getting pushed further down towards Hamilton/Louis street and that area. If builders could add 6-8 story apartment complexes the students that live off campus could be much closer to the campus thus making them ultimately safer. Since you mentioned PSU, that's exactly what they have. Condensing the area of college Ave to say delafield would also make Easton Ave more popular which could allow you add more restaurants or shops to Easton Ave that would give it a "downtown look". I like that you see a lot of those 3 story apartments now but it will only make a dent because all of those houses will continue to be there.

Just like we have Rutgers Newark and Rutgers Camden we can now have:
  • Rutgers Flemington
  • Rutgers Alpha
  • Rutgers Phillipsburg
Sorry Al we are not moving Rutgers but the state can use a true northern NJ rural campus where there is land to build. maybe it can be the University of NJ 1 day.

I'm looking forward to Rutgers Princeton Campus

Reactions: cicero grimes
a little west to Pluckemin..."Pluck U!"
I like the cheer potential here . . .

PLUUUUUUCCCKKKKK!!!!!!

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

Al, you are one weird, attention seeking SOB. You can't possibly have intended to post this message for any other reason then to get 2 or 3 pages of responses. God bless you bro, you need help.

I'm breaking my position of never responding in a rutgersal thread to just offer this: i graduated from the same university as him....how pathetic am I....

There are "many, many" U Penn Wharton grads who are saying the same about Donald J Trump, believe me.

Perhaps the OP is not too far off. If all the glaciers and the icecaps melt, the magic number seems to be an approx. 260 feet rise in sea level.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2609338/Would-YOU-underwater-polar-caps-melted-Map-reveals-planet-look-like-sea-levels-rose-260ft.html

If that would happen, then in a few hundred years, the only part of New Jersey not submerged would be the extreme Northwest portion of the state.

With southeast Pennsylvania also gone, perhaps Rutgers could merge with Temple and build a campus in the Poconos. Temple of Rutgers University (TORU).

:D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT