ADVERTISEMENT

Very rough first crack at Bacatology

OSU-Michigan is another tough one to root for. I kmow we should root for OSU because Mich is on the bubble, but I don’t see Mich playing themselves out of the tournament.

OSU-Michigan is another tough one to root for. I kmow we should root for OSU because Mich is on the bubble, but I don’t see Mich playing themselves out of the tournament.
Michigan needs to keep winning, its an okay profile but not enough given how many games left, their loss total is pretty large right now too

Brutal home loss for Iowa State, choking away a big lead to Kansas State. They could legitimately finish 6-12 or worse in the Big Ten.

keeps KSU alive but the Cyclones resume is taking on water, no sure thing for them

that Oregon loss is deadly, they are going to suffer alot in the NET

We want Michigan to stay Q1 but it's unlikely that all four of Michigan, Michigan State, Iowa, and Wisconsin* stay Q1. Realistic hope is that three of them do.

*The home game. The road win we just got will be Q1 no matter what.

Oregon resume is hanging on because they swept a USC and UCLA road trip when both were in the Top 5, but LA venues had no fans in either game. Those wins need to be downgraded if they are looking closely at resumes and "road wins".

Reactions: fatsam98
Depaul up big on the road at Providence. There's a chance Depaul could get up to Q1 (they'd need more than just this win) but I'd almost rather it stay Q2. Having a very low Q1 loss total will be nice for our resume.

SMU, San Francisco, and Notre Dame taking care of business on the road. Would've been nice to see one go down but oh well. SMU still has a game left with Memphis, that's an important one for the second AAC bid.

There is LITTLE difference between Q1 and Q2 losses, only losses that matter are Q3 and Q4.

Last edited:
13 maybe with a tiebreak and guess what..we own the tiebreak with Sparty and the Buckeyes
Ohio State currently only has 18 games on their schedule, as they have not rescheduled home games against Nebraska and Iowa. I don't know if league rules will rank then by winning % or by W/L like traditional baseball standings show many games back a team is.

Ohio State currently only has 18 games on their schedule, as they have not rescheduled home games against Nebraska and Iowa. I don't know if league rules will rank then by winning % or by W/L like traditional baseball standings show many games back a team is.
They just got added.

2/15 vs. Minnesota (makeup)
2/19 vs. Iowa
2/21 vs. Indiana (moved)
2/24 at Illinois
2/27 at Maryland
3/1 vs. Nebraska (makeup)
3/3 vs. Michigan State
3/6 vs. Michigan

Lotta home games left for them but lots of short turnarounds for them too.

There's some kind of pun to be made with the Super Bowl and soup bubbles but I couldn't land it. Here's your bubble chaos rooting guide. Not formatted as I'm typing on my phone.

St. John's over UConn - Huskies are in, I just think this would be funny. Tune in and cheer for Montez.

Colorado State vs. Boise State - Take your pick, both are on the 8/9 line. A home loss is worse but isn't sufficiently bad to knock Boise to the last 8 in bubble.

Illinois over Northwestern - We want a fat and happy Illini team on Wednesday.

Northern Iowa over Loyola Chicago - A Q3 home loss likely kills their at large case, or at least sends it to the hospital.

Old Dominion over UAB - ODU stinks but you never know with road games.

Purdue over Maryland - Come on Boilers don't cheapen our win.

Iowa over Nebraska - Same for you, Hawkeyes.

That's all I got. Monmouth faces Iona in what should be a decent game but no bubble implications.

A a
They just got added.

2/15 vs. Minnesota (makeup)
2/19 vs. Iowa
2/21 vs. Indiana (moved)
2/24 at Illinois
2/27 at Maryland
3/1 vs. Nebraska (makeup)
3/3 vs. Michigan State
3/6 vs. Michigan

Lotta home games left for them but lots of short turnarounds for them too.
Lots of home games but wow. Do they go to classes? ;-). Will they have anything left for the tourneys?

It’s going to be interesting watching the Bracketologist’s heads explode as they are not going to know how to deal with RU.
Kudos to the first talking head that suggests it might be time to rethink the NET.

Q3 loss for UAB, could even end up Q4 by the end of the year.

Michigan is horrible. Sweep them and keep them out. If the name on the front of their Jersey was Minnesota with the same resume they’re so out

Reactions: goru7 and RU23
Michigan is horrible. Sweep them and keep them out. If the name on the front of their Jersey was Minnesota with the same resume they’re so out
They have a tough go ahead of them. Hope in free fall. Although never thought they would beat Purdue so who knows?

I'm waiting on BracketMatrix to update but I'll do a Monday rooting guide. Not too many games today anyhow.

I cannot believe Palm has WVU in his field right now with UAB being their only road win. They beat Clemson in a neutral game too and that’s it. Their only win over a tourney team is at home against UConn. Based on his principles I don’t get that.

he is absurd, I tweeted at him. Also has Florida in...combined those teams are 2-15 vs the field...plus wvu is only 4 games above 500 which is a pet peeve of his

Monday bubble chaos rooting guide:

Washington State at Oregon (56%) - Wazzu's chances took a major hit with a home loss to Arizona State. There's a path back with three straight road games against Oregon, UCLA, and USC but they probably need to win 2 of the 3. Oregon also took a major hit with a home loss to California, but Lunardi still has them as a Last 4 Bye which seems ambitious.

Saint Louis at St. Bonaventure (50%) - A rematch from Friday where the Bonnies won at SLU and knocked them out of the field. A payback road win could offset that to some degree. Honestly if St. Bonaventure wins this then their path to an at-large will look better than SLU's.

West Virginia at Kansas State (64%) - Just want the Mountaineers to keep piling losses.

Dayton (57%) at Rhode Island - Dayton is starting to pop up on a few brackets but I don't know if THREE Q4 losses is something you can overcome. I suppose if they finish 23-8 (15-3) but those losses would be a huge anchor. URI just dented Davidson's resume, can they do it again to Dayton?

Virginia at Virginia Tech (72%) - Weird game where Virginia has the better resume but Virginia Tech has weirdly good computer numbers. The Hokies have ZERO Q1 wins and maybe only one chance left, depending on where Miami winds up in the NET. Virginia is like us, their resume is better than their NET rating: 6-5 in the first two quadrants, but they have three Q3 losses weighing them down. This game and their next two (at Miami, vs. Duke) are Q1 so they have more chances than Tech.

And then the unlikely candidates...

Georgetown at Creighton (88%) - I've made my feelings on Georgetown clear. They play some of the worst basketball I've seen from a high-major team since the Eddie Jordan days. When I would watch Nebraska, I would recognize the bad, selfish, dumb basketball being played but I always thought "they're gonna pick one or two teams off in the Big Ten." I do not have that feeling with Georgetown even a little bit. Creighton is not a good team either but they know how to capitalize when the other team gives them free possessions, takes dumb shots, doesn't box out, etc. Blue Jays will easily win this game, and if they somehow didn't it would be poison to their resume.

Duquesne at Davidson (92%) - Q4 game should be no issue for Davidson.

Lunardi has Mississippi State (0 road wins, 1-7 Q1, two Q3 losses) as his 7th team out. I do not understand how Rutgers is not ahead of that team at this point. Their two wins away from home are in OT over Richmond in the Bahamas, and they somehow get credit for playing in Jackson, MS against Winthrop as a "neutral" site.

Reactions: Scangg
Oregon cannot afford to lose this game...they are straddling the last in last out line right now. '

Va Tech is a longshot now, I fear Virginia more because they have wins over Duke and Providence. Root hard for Va Tech here

Mississippi State and Florida are trash, fully convinced its Palm and Lunardi shilling for the SEC

Reactions: goru7
They have a tough go ahead of them. Hope in free fall. Although never thought they would beat Purdue so who knows?
2 reasons: 1). Purdue and their weak guards except for Ivey are being exposed as is their mediocre at best defense hovering about 110 in Kenpom 2). They just beat Illinois handily in front of 15,000 fans at home on Tuesday night for first place and were due for a let down that was made worse by having to play Michigan 2 nights later on the road as a rescheduled Covid game due to Michigan ‘s early Covid pause.

West Virginia at Kansas State (64%) - Just want the Mountaineers to keep piling losses.
I've seen Kansas State replace our old hillbilly friends on the bubble in a few brackets today, but I guess we still don't want them picking up a road win..?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT