ADVERTISEMENT

Very rough first crack at Bacatology

Lunardi has Mississippi State (0 road wins, 1-7 Q1, two Q3 losses) as his 7th team out. I do not understand how Rutgers is not ahead of that team at this point. Their two wins away from home are in OT over Richmond in the Bahamas, and they somehow get credit for playing in Jackson, MS against Winthrop as a "neutral" site.

thats his old bracket, inexplicably he has not done a full one for 3 days..wtf, its literally his job, he has done updates on twitter, here was from yesterday

FLfdW5mWQAQoZGu

Reactions: kcg88
I've seen Kansas State replace our old hillbilly friends on the bubble in a few brackets today, but I guess we still don't want them picking up a road win..?
at 13-11 is a rough record for KSU, both schools have a rough 5 game slate where going 3-2 is probably the best they can hope for, they can pick up alot of Q1 wins but even then it starts leaving them with 17-13 records heading into the BIg 10 tourney

Reactions: fatsam98
I've seen Kansas State replace our old hillbilly friends on the bubble in a few brackets today, but I guess we still don't want them picking up a road win..?
Basically we want a balance where only six teams from the Big 12 end up getting bids. Kansas, Baylor, Texas Tech, and Texas are virtually locked in. Oklahoma State can't make it, leaving TCU, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Kansas State and Iowa State.

It may wind up where that group of five gets enough wins off each other that three of them make it through. In fact maybe that's even inevitable. But yeah, road wins are super valuable and the more you're in the 10, 11 seed range vs. the 8, 9 range the more scrutiny the resume gets.

The ideal outcome is two teams from that group rolling over everyone else. So from that standpoint maybe WVU is the rooting interest tonight, but this week is big. Whichever teams start picking up wins this week, root for them from now on.

Reactions: goru7 and fatsam98
I think TCU is in pretty good shape too. It’s trying to find a 6th team from that conference that is difficult.

Basically we want a balance where only six teams from the Big 12 end up getting bids. Kansas, Baylor, Texas Tech, and Texas are virtually locked in. Oklahoma State can't make it, leaving TCU, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Kansas State and Iowa State.

It may wind up where that group of five gets enough wins off each other that three of them make it through. In fact maybe that's even inevitable. But yeah, road wins are super valuable and the more you're in the 10, 11 seed range vs. the 8, 9 range the more scrutiny the resume gets.

The ideal outcome is two teams from that group rolling over everyone else. So from that standpoint maybe WVU is the rooting interest tonight, but this week is big. Whichever teams start picking up wins this week, root for them from now on.

the Big 12 will get 7

the Big 12 will get 7
Let me see if I game out a scenario...

Oklahoma
Texas L
Iowa State W
Texas Tech L
Oklahoma State L
West Virginia W
Kansas State W
Final record: 17-14 (7-11)

TCU
Iowa State W
Baylor L
West Virginia W
Texas L
Texas Tech L
Kansas L
Kansas L
West Virginia W
Final record: 19-11 (8-10)

West Virginia
Kansas State W
Kansas L
TCU L
Iowa State W
Texas L
Oklahoma L
TCU L
Final record: 16-15 (5-13)

Iowa State
TCU L
Oklahoma L
West Virginia L
Kansas State W
Oklahoma State L
Baylor L
Final record: 17-14 (4-14)

Kansas State
West Virginia L
Oklahoma State L
Kansas L
Iowa State L
Texas Tech L
Oklahoma L
Final record: 13-17 (5-13)

Oklahoma and TCU safely in under this scenario. Does Iowa State get in with this resume? What if they completely lose out?

It's unlikely, sure. I'd say 80% seven bids. 15% six bids, 5% eight bids.

If you thought we had bad losses….

Dayton went 0-3 in the gauntlet
UMASS lowell
Lipscomb
Austin peay

all at home

thats his old bracket, inexplicably he has not done a full one for 3 days..wtf, its literally his job, he has done updates on twitter, here was from yesterday

FLfdW5mWQAQoZGu
If the Big Ten gets only seven bids ,Rutgers ,Michigan and Indiana will be fighting for the last slot.

FLfdW5mWQAQoZGu
Glad it's not just me. Checked out his Twitter earlier can't believe how quiet he is.

I am 10 hours in, 10 schools left to do a write up for. Should have it delivered by midnight...good for night owls while the morning crew can start their day with some java and crullers when they wake up
Excellent news... BracketMatrix should refresh tonight too, anxious to compare.

Va Tech gonna knock off UVA.

Virginia needs to win out now (@ Miami, vs. Duke the big ones) and even then it's dicey.

Tech can officially get on the bubble with a home win over UNC in their next game.

Kansas St about to close it out against West Virginia.

Scores seem to be going our way by and large last few days.

Oregon to lose next please

Saint Louis at large chances basically dead. Bonnies with a very faint heartbeat.

West Virginia... Uh oh. It's the Big 12 so there's still a path but they better either beat Kansas or win all their remaining toss ups.

Kansas St about to close it out against West Virginia.

Scores seem to be going our way by and large last few days.

Oregon to lose next please
A lot of teams outside the field are stumbling. Need more teams currently projected in to drop some games. Oregon would be a good start.

Excellent news... BracketMatrix should refresh tonight too, anxious to compare.
Looks like we're in 8 of the 110 brackets on there now if I'm understanding it correctly. Up from 1 or 2 last week.

Reactions: kcg88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT