ADVERTISEMENT

What Did RU Decide - PSU Fans Upset Over Seat Licenses

I thought I read on this Board that RU would roll the season seat gift donation from this season into next season. {?}

Reactions: Leonard23
The difference is everyone will complain at PSU and come back regardless with open wallets.

Reactions: LC-88
Rutgers does not have Personal Seat Licenses.
Neither does Penn State. These are just required donations based on seat locations. It a grey area because technically it is a donation and non refundable so they don’t have an obligation to refund them. The right thing to do however would be to refund or allow them to count towards next year.

PSU Fans are not real fans and don't want to keep supporting their team?
Sad.

The team and entire athletic program still needs (and relies upon) that money to operate.

Salaries and expenses are still there for the athletic department.

Neither does Penn State. These are just required donations based on seat locations. It a grey area because technically it is a donation and non refundable so they don’t have an obligation to refund them. The right thing to do however would be to refund or allow them to count towards next year.

Okay so it seems we are discussing apples to apples then.

Interesting that RU is rolling it over and PSU opted to keep it and make your fans pay it again next year.

PSU Fans are not real fans and don't want to keep supporting their team?
Sad.

The team and entire athletic program still needs (and relies upon) that money to operate.

Salaries and expenses are still there for the athletic department.
In these times with as much unemployment, salary cuts and furloughs I don’t blame anyone for wanting their money back. Penn State donations are due by February 1 so no one had even a suspicion that football season would be cancelled at that time. If donations were due July 1st then I would be saying you knew this was a possibility so it your own fault.

Last edited:
In these times with as much unemployment, salary cuts and furloughs I don’t blame anyone for wanting their money back. Penn State donations are due by February 1 so no one had even a suspicion that football season would be cancelled at that time. If donations were due July 1st then I would be saying you knew this was a possibility so it your own fault.

That's insane to ask for money or donations that early, if they held the "donation", which in theory isn't a donation, it's a surcharge, they should be entitled to have it rolled over. There are probably a solid 200+ employee salaries tied to those donations within their accounting systems and probably a 60 to 80M shortfall per home game weekend to their local economy.

That is is not confirmed for Us...
You sure? Because we had this debate before on here. I was wrong and thought I didn't get an e-mail on this. Guys and gals argued that season ticket holders did. Turns out my wife got the e-mail and the seat donation you can either roll over to 2021, donate, or ask for a full refund. Only reason I remember this is because I turned out to be wrong by fault of my wife. And the whole world knows my wife is never at fault.:)

Okay so it seems we are discussing apples to apples then.

Interesting that RU is rolling it over and PSU opted to keep it and make your fans pay it again next year.

That is is not confirmed for Us...

You sure? Because we had this debate before on here. I was wrong and thought I didn't get an e-mail on this. Guys and gals argued that season ticket holders did. Turns out my wife got the e-mail and the seat donation you can either roll over to 2021, donate, or ask for a full refund. Only reason I remember this is because I turned out to be wrong by fault of my wife. And the whole world knows my wife is never at fault.:)
Yeah he's wrong that Rutgers hasn't confirmed because they have multiple times:

https://scarletknights.com/sports/2017/6/11/tickets-policy-html.aspx

Updated COVID-19 Disclaimer: If an event is postponed, canceled or otherwise altered due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Rutgers Athletics has made temporary changes to the refund policy to provide options for both ticket purchases and RSF seat fees (if applicable).
  • Transfer payments as a credit towards a future purchase that season or the following season. At the conclusion of the following season, unused credits will be voided.
  • Change the allocation of payment into a tax-deductible athletic donation.
  • Receive a refund for the postponed or canceled event.
Please note R Fund Gifts (not related to RSF seat fees) are not refundable.

Updated COVID-19 Disclaimer: If an event is postponed, canceled or otherwise altered due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Rutgers Athletics has made temporary changes to the refund policy to provide options for both ticket purchases and RSF seat fees (if applicable).
  • Transfer payments as a credit towards a future purchase that season or the following season. At the conclusion of the following season, unused credits will be voided.
Exactly. Didn't realize people didn't know this. We'll probably roll our entire allotment, including the seat fees, over into next year and will likely donate the amount equivalent to the seat fees ($150/season ticket for our 14 tickets) this year to try to help out, since this is going to be a tough year for RU athletics.

That's insane to ask for money or donations that early, if they held the "donation", which in theory isn't a donation, it's a surcharge, they should be entitled to have it rolled over. There are probably a solid 200+ employee salaries tied to those donations within their accounting systems and probably a 60 to 80M shortfall per home game weekend to their local economy.

A "donation" (required or otherwise) is still tax-deductible. A surcharge, fee, or other is not. In some small way, this provides benefit to the fans.

Thanks for clarifying! I missed this too....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT