ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting 2020 Four-star forward cuts list, RU in the mix

Russ Wood

All American
Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Rutgers made the cut when four-star small class of 2020 forward Che Evans narrowed his list to 10 schools today. Before you read it, be aware that I wrote it for Florida subs and not as a national story with a neutral point of view.

Ready....GO!
STORY

Rutgers made the cut when four-star small class of 2020 forward Che Evans narrowed his list to 10 schools today. Before you read it, be aware that I wrote it for Florida subs and not as a national story with a neutral point of view.

Ready....GO!
STORY

Rutgers: They really recruited me, and it's a situation where the whole Staff has shown me where I can fit in. After visiting, I can see where I can impact.

Has he scheduled a visit Russ?

At least its more of the same, that the whole staff is working hard...hear it from every recruit.

Rutgers: They really recruited me, and it's a situation where the whole Staff has shown me where I can fit in. After visiting, I can see where I can impact.

At least its more of the same, that the whole staff is working hard...hear it from every recruit.

He was here for Midknight Madness I think.

He has been on campus twice for unofficial visits but he has not scheduled an official visit yet. If that's what you're asking me.

Rutgers is really working hard here, they're doing a terrific job recruiting Evans.

He has been on campus twice for unofficial visits but he has not scheduled an official visit yet. If that's what you're asking me.

Rutgers is really working hard here, they're doing a terrific job recruiting Evans.
That’s Russ writing on a Rutgers site with a Rutgers slant

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks it was just odd wording in his blurb...wasn't sure if he was saying that after he visits in the future he will be able to determine how he fits..good to know he has already seen campus, met some of the guys.

Thanks it was just odd wording in his blurb...wasn't sure if he was saying that after he visits in the future he will be able to determine how he fits..good to know he has already seen campus, met some of the guys.
He meant that after visiting he sees how he could make an impact at Rutgers.

The construction crew is finishing the outside slabs of the new practice facility. They'll be able to enclose the floors in plastic and build out the interiors through the winter.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Pittsburgh just added to his list
Did Evans announce that today or are you reacting to Andrew Slater's Tweet from yesterday followin a Pitt assistant making a school visit?

Because at 12:18 a.m. today (that's just after midnight for those that think 12 a.m. means noon lol) I had a three-way conversation with my Evans family sources and was told "Until Che Evans Jr. or Che Evans Sr. Tweets that there is an 11th school, the list is 10."

Did Evans announce that today or are you reacting to Andrew Slater's Tweet from yesterday followin a Pitt assistant making a school visit?

Because at 12:18 a.m. today (that's just after midnight for those that think 12 a.m. means noon lol) I had a three-way conversation with my Evans family sources and was told "Until Che Evans Jr. or Che Evans Sr. Tweets that there is an 11th school, the list is 10."

Saw the tweet you mentioned from Slater

Saw the tweet you mentioned from Slater
Gotcha.

I've been told the list is still 10.

He's going to take an official visit to Boise State in a couple of weeks and then he might take an unofficial to Ohio State that is not set in stone

Do we have a “goto” former player to put an arm over the shoulder of a recruit and take part in a photo op?

Reactions: zebnatto
Do we have a “goto” former player to put an arm over the shoulder of a recruit and take part in a photo op?
I’d go with Mike Dabney as my Rutgers choice, a lot older than Oden but I doubt the kid had ever heard on
GO, either.

Gotcha.

I've been told the list is still 10.

He's going to take an official visit to Boise State in a couple of weeks and then he might take an unofficial to Ohio State that is not set in stone

I realize that Rutgers being in his top 10 is probably a head-scratcher to most outside observers, but that's not going to stop me from wondering why in the world Boise State is in his top 10. I mean, where did THAT come from?

Reactions: Scangg
We dont really have anyone kids these days would recognize. Even Douby none of them would care about.

We dont really have anyone kids these days would recognize. Even Douby none of them would care about.
Not many kids recognize Greg Oden. Youre right though, we really have no notable recent hoops alumni. We have a great team ambassador in Geo for kids visits though, from what I hear. And clearly Pikiell is putting in the work on this recruit.

Reactions: MV9000

Corey Sanders is well recognized for his positive personality and a lot of younger kids know him. That is a recent one I could think of. Hopefully he finishes his degree in the future.

Not sure it is uniform among all sports....Do basketball players get capped at 5 official visits?
Five during their junior year of HS
Five during their senior year of HS
Five after HS graduation (as in a post grad year, or if they are at a JuCo and take officials)

I believe Greg is on the staff at tOSU as a grad assistant. That way it's not a violation.

I’d go with Mike Dabney as my Rutgers choice, a lot older than Oden but I doubt the kid had ever heard on
GO, either.
Che knew who Oden was, c'mon man lol. It's a shame that injuries derailed Oden's career.

I like this pic that he sent to me Saturday. I like that wall and the jacket Che is wearing is dope.
CheOSU01_1.jpg

Last edited:
Btw, Evans is looking at visiting either Texas Tech or Long Beach this fall.

I was thinking his NBA career was less than it was. Did he come out of hs the same year as NJ’s Caracter, L Thomas, and Earl “last name slips me”?

I was thinking his NBA career was less than it was. Did he come out of hs the same year as NJ’s Caracter, L Thomas, and Earl “last name slips me”?
Injuries derailed his career. It's not like he couldn't play. His first year in Portland he averaged around 9 points and 7 rebounds. His second season he started every game and was scoring more and getting slightly more rebounds but one fourth of the way into the season he had to shut it down because of his knee.

Five during their junior year of HS
Five during their senior year of HS
Five after HS graduation (as in a post grad year, or if they are at a JuCo and take officials)

What are your thoughts about the recruitment process being so long. 10 official visits during HS is ridiculous. Some other sports contact can't happen until the summer of your senior year.

What are your thoughts about the recruitment process being so long. 10 official visits during HS is ridiculous. Some other sports contact can't happen until the summer of your senior year.
I. LOVE. IT.

Getting prospects on campus is important and the unofficial visit is one of the main ways some schools cheat.

Allowing prospects to take official visits during their junior year of HS will help them visit a school that they are interested in but happens to be thousands of miles away.cor

When you factor in that a parent has to take time off of work (probably without pay) then pay travel, hotel and meal expenses for an unofficial visit that may be a nine hour drive or even a flight away, that is pretty expensive. Now a kid can make that trip and see that school earlier in the process without his family having to incur such costs.

Just like Sam Bowie, a good player but not the guy you wanted to draft first...
Not exactly. First off, Bowie wasn't drafted first, Olajuwan was. Also, Bowie had injuries before he was drafted. I don't think the micro fracture issue Oden had in his knee surfaced until after he was drafted.

Portland also needed a big man more than a G/F. Lastly, who in the hell calls "Tails" when a coin is flipped? Portland blew the coin flip, they coulda had Olajuwan.

Reactions: dkostus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT