ADVERTISEMENT

BACATOLOGY: NCAA ANALYSIS 3/7......NEW UPDATE 3/12 1PM PAGE 37

Duke was expected to win by 5 and they lost by 15, that's bad but not really that weird.
I'm using the eye test. They would not grab a rebound, never got on the floor, showed nothing that would be evident of effort. Two or three persons in a row hosted there's with butt effort in the boards, and beat down the court.

This was bizarre.

I'm using the eye test. They would not grab a rebound, never got on the floor, showed nothing that would be evident of effort. Two or three persons in a row hosted there's with butt effort in the boards, and beat down the court.

This was bizarre.
There's been a lot of talk about teams preferring to rest rather than play a bunch of consecutive games this weekend. Wouldn't be too surprised if they basically stopped trying when the game got tough.

I don't know but Va Tech will have a net in 20s so there could be so justification fo a 9
I think they end up in an 8-9 game…if they get past it, they’re not the type of team a 1 would want to see as they show it down and shoot really well from 3, which can lead to higher variance outcomes. Then again, this week has been high variance for them as Clemson had them on the ropes.

Just my own view, certainly don’t have much credibility but thought I’d give it a shot:
Last Four Byes:
Iowa State
San Francisco
Indiana
Rutgers

Last Four In:
Wyoming
Michigan
Texas A&M
Notre Dame

First Four Out:
SMU
Xavier
Wake Forest
Oklahoma

LAST UPDATE BEFORE FULL SCRUB TOMORROW MORNING AND FINAL BRACKET POSTED TOMORROW AFTERNOON.

1 SEEDS

• GONZAGA*
  • ARIZONA*
  • KANSAS*
  • BAYLOR
2 SEEDS

• AUBURN
  • KENTUCKY*
  • VILLANOVA*
  • PURDUE
3 SEEDS

• DUKE
  • TENNESSEE
  • TEXAS TECH
  • WISCONSIN
4 SEEDS

• ILLINOIS*
  • UCLA
  • IOWA
  • ARKANSAS
5 SEEDS

• PROVIDENCE
  • HOUSTON*
  • CONNECTICUT
  • TEXAS
6 SEEDS

• ALABAMA
  • OHIO STATE
  • SAINT MARY'S
  • LSU
7 SEEDS

• MICHIGAN STATE
  • USC
  • BOISE STATE
  • TCU
8 SEEDS

• MURRAY STATE
  • SAN DIEGO STATE
  • COLORADO STATE
  • MARQUETTE
9 SEEDS

• SETON HALL
  • MEMPHIS
  • CREIGHTON
  • VIRGINIA TECH*
10 SEEDS

• LOYOLA CHICAGO*
  • NORTH CAROLINA
  • IOWA STATE
  • DAVIDSON*
11 SEEDS

• MIAMI
  • SAN FRANCISCO
  • INDIANA
  • RUTGERS
12 SEEDS

• UAB*
  • SOUTH DAKOTA STATE*
  • TEXAS A&M/XAVIER
  • MICHIGAN/WYOMING
13 SEEDS

• CHATTANOOGA*
  • NEW MEXICO STATE*
  • VERMONT*
  • PRINCETON*
14 SEEDS

• AKRON*
  • MONTANA STATE*
  • COLGATE*
  • LONG BEACH STATE*
15 SEEDS

• SAINT PETER'S*
  • LONGWOOD*
  • DELAWARE*
  • WRIGHT STATE*
16 SEEDS

• JACKSONVILLE STATE*
  • GEORGIA STATE*
  • BRYANT*/TEXAS SOUTHERN*
  • NORFOLK STATE*/TEXAS A&M CORPUS CRISTI*

LAST 4 IN

XAVIER
    WYOMING
    MICHIGAN
    TEXAS A&M

LAST 4 OUT

NOTRE DAME
    BYU
    SMU
    WAKE FOREST

NEXT FOUR OUT

OKLAHOMA
    VCU
    NORTH TEXAS
    RICHMOND

Any of the last 6 are vulnerable to not only being in the first four but also vulnerable to dropping out of the field. Things can change after full scrub and comparison and pending completion of Texas A&M/Tennessee SEC title game and Richmond/Davidson A10 title game.

Wyoming has been sinking in my bracket by the hour for the last few weeks. Watch tomorrow.
Wow maybe your right but there is something seriously wrong if a team 11-7 in quad 1&2 does not make it. Especially if Michigan gets in with an 8-13 mark for the same.

BAC- I really don’t see any shot of us seeded ahead of A&M. The only justification would be a straight up take of the quad results but heavy reliance on the computer results would be bad for RU for other reasons.

Our wins are maybe a little better that theirs - not a lot. You don’t think much of Auburn I know but a neutral win over a 2 seed will be viewed as good as the road win at Wisky in the committees eyes. The neutral win over Arkansas similar to the home win over Purdue. And home vs Arkansas somewhat comparable to home vs Illinois. Their win at Alabama is comparable to our win over Iowa. Our win at Indiana is better than their neutral win over ND but their neutral win over Florida is probably better than our home win vs. Michigan. We have Michigan State and Ohio State wins at home, yes. Maybe our wins are a little better - maybe. But they have less total losses, more total wins, and better losses. It doesn’t seem close to me at all unless you are penalizing them for losing more Q1 games instead of Q3/4. What am I missing?

LAST UPDATE BEFORE FULL SCRUB TOMORROW MORNING AND FINAL BRACKET POSTED TOMORROW AFTERNOON.

1 SEEDS

• GONZAGA*
  • ARIZONA*
  • KANSAS*
  • BAYLOR
2 SEEDS

• AUBURN
  • KENTUCKY*
  • VILLANOVA*
  • PURDUE
3 SEEDS

• DUKE
  • TENNESSEE
  • TEXAS TECH
  • WISCONSIN
4 SEEDS

• ILLINOIS*
  • UCLA
  • IOWA
  • ARKANSAS
5 SEEDS

• PROVIDENCE
  • HOUSTON*
  • CONNECTICUT
  • TEXAS
6 SEEDS

• ALABAMA
  • OHIO STATE
  • SAINT MARY'S
  • LSU
7 SEEDS

• MICHIGAN STATE
  • USC
  • BOISE STATE
  • TCU
8 SEEDS

• MURRAY STATE
  • SAN DIEGO STATE
  • COLORADO STATE
  • MARQUETTE
9 SEEDS

• SETON HALL
  • MEMPHIS
  • CREIGHTON
  • VIRGINIA TECH*
10 SEEDS

• LOYOLA CHICAGO*
  • NORTH CAROLINA
  • IOWA STATE
  • DAVIDSON*
11 SEEDS

• MIAMI
  • SAN FRANCISCO
  • INDIANA
  • RUTGERS
12 SEEDS

• UAB*
  • SOUTH DAKOTA STATE*
  • TEXAS A&M/XAVIER
  • MICHIGAN/WYOMING
13 SEEDS

• CHATTANOOGA*
  • NEW MEXICO STATE*
  • VERMONT*
  • PRINCETON*
14 SEEDS

• AKRON*
  • MONTANA STATE*
  • COLGATE*
  • LONG BEACH STATE*
15 SEEDS

• SAINT PETER'S*
  • LONGWOOD*
  • DELAWARE*
  • WRIGHT STATE*
16 SEEDS

• JACKSONVILLE STATE*
  • GEORGIA STATE*
  • BRYANT*/TEXAS SOUTHERN*
  • NORFOLK STATE*/TEXAS A&M CORPUS CRISTI*

LAST 4 IN

XAVIER
    WYOMING
    MICHIGAN
    TEXAS A&M

LAST 4 OUT

NOTRE DAME
    BYU
    SMU
    WAKE FOREST

NEXT FOUR OUT

OKLAHOMA
    VCU
    NORTH TEXAS
    RICHMOND

Any of the last 6 are vulnerable to not only being in the first four but also vulnerable to dropping out of the field. Things can change after full scrub and comparison and pending completion of Texas A&M/Tennessee SEC title game and Richmond/Davidson A10 title game.

The thing I keep seeing with Notre Dame is 2018 Nebraska (13-5 in big ten and 4 Q1-Q2 wins).

I don’t see how they get in.

What’s the message if they do? Run up a gaudy record on empty calories (Wake similar).

If you’re looking for a team off the board that could make it, I could see Oklahoma

The thing I keep seeing with Notre Dame is 2018 Nebraska (13-5 in big ten and 4 Q1-Q2 wins).

What’s the message if they do? Run up a gaudy record on empty calories (Wake similar).

If you’re looking for a team off the board that could make it, I could see Oklahoma
The ACC is complete and utter garbage this year and I agree that ND and Wake got fat playing their down conference this year.

Wyoming has been sinking in my bracket by the hour for the last few weeks. Watch tomorrow.
Agreed - their case really depends on how much weight the committe gives to wins away from home. Having 11 of those is a lot even if few are against tourney teams. It’s not like they are playing a SWAC schedule.

But then - all they have in terms of wins against the field - home vs Colorado State and Boise. Weak.

Reallt trying to be unbiased…but I see it as bac sees it

The last 8-10 teams out, a lot of them are weak on WHAT they did when they played teams in the field . And how did they do when they played the teams on the top of the field ….

I know Oregon is way out, but even , they have wins against the top of the field

Then there is Rutgers
1-1 against 2 seed Purdue
1-1 against 3 seed Wisconsin
1-1 against 4 seed Illinois
1-1 against 4/5 seed Iowa
1-0 against 7/8 seed Michigan state
1-0 against 7/8 seed Ohio state
0-1 against 8/9 seed seton hall
1-0 against 11/12 seed Indiana
1-1 against 11/12 seed Michigan

8-6 against the field

4-4 against top 5 Seeds more than erases umass and Lafayette…we more than pass the eye ball test

We would be a lock except for they computers…and a question on how much weight they really carry

The fact that we are mostly
Being compared to power 6 teams helps us against the computer , me thinks

No way

I worry people that are saying metrics don’t matter don’t realize metrics matter more than ever and will only continue to matter even more as every year goes by.
Yep . They matter and the committee will try to validate some of these numbers . Remember , most of these clowns didn’t watch us all year . If we get in, I will be shocked if we are not in Dayton

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT