ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Ash was on Boomer and Carton Tuesday morning at 9:45 am

just asked by Carton..whats the date of the game?
Ash..didnt know....
Christie did pump him up..
Come on Coach..know the date of the game you are promoting!!

just asked by Carton..whats the date of the game?
Ash..didnt know....
Christie did pump him up..
Come on Coach..know the date of the game you are promoting!!

2 things that are kind of alarming

1. He didn't know the date of the game
2. He has no idea that Boomer was a Maryland Terp

Dude has absolutely no feel for the NJ/NY media market

I understand him and Hobbs are pissed about these deals being made before they got here, but they should put up a nice face and go along with it when they are told to promote it. This means at the minimum knowing when the game will be played.

It was about a 2-3 minute interview. Ash was there to "announce" that Rutgers would be playing Maryland at Yankee Stadium on November 4.

I know the Guv was there today, but why wouldn't they do it when Boomer was there since he's the Maryland alum?

haters are picking apart a 2 minute fluff piece?

I am a big defender, but in all fairness, its easy to jump on him for going on the top sports radio channel to promote our game, and having no idea when the game is.

Probably not totally on Ash either. Someone should have prepped him. I.e. date and details, know Boomer is a Maryland guy, etc.

Probably not totally on Ash either. Someone should have prepped him. I.e. date and details, know Boomer is a Maryland guy, etc.
Schiano wouldn't have needed a prep guy.. but you are right. Some PR person who was managing this should have had a practice interview including expected questions like that... as well as Esiason's pedigree.

Flood would have known the date. Would you like to have him back?

Who cares about the date - it is not like Ash doesn't have a lot on his plate right now. He is in the middle of camp and recruiting seasons and the coaches are all over the country attempting to recruit players to this mess of a place that Julie and Flood destroyed.

Last edited:
Wait......he really didn't know the date?
Not knowing the date of the game or that Boomer went to Maryland is absolutely pathetic. FAN is a major player in NYC sports and RU wants to claim the NYC market. Ash should do 5 minutes of homework before joining the show. Embarrassing for him and terrible job by SID.

Who cares about the date - it is not like Ash doesn't have a lot on his plate right now. He is in the middle of camp and recruiting seasons and the coaches are all over the country attempting to recruit players to this mess of a place that Julie and Flood destroyed.
It's not the date we care about, it's the fact that the Head Football Coach doesn't know the date of 1 of the 7 home football games he plays. Doesn't know the date of the particular game for which he is on the radio to discuss, for which the Yankees are having a special day for at the stadium. Don't try to confuse the issue by bringing in Hermann, Flood, Mulcahy, Barchi, Nixon, Genghis Khan, etc. Ash is the FACE of the program - he needs to know these things. And if he can't keep track of them, then he needs to hire an assistant to follow him around and whisper in his ear, ala Anne Hathaway in The Devil Wears Prada.

This is one of the reasons RU really needed to have considered PJ Fleck. Besides bringing media buzz,knowing area coaches and being an energetic guy,he knows the NJ landscape and the Jersey culture.Having just coached a national top 20 team also didnt hurt.
Just saying..

Reactions: RU31trap
It's not the date we care about, it's the fact that the Head Football Coach doesn't know the date of 1 of the 7 home football games he plays. Doesn't know the date of the particular game for which he is on the radio to discuss, for which the Yankees are having a special day for at the stadium. Don't try to confuse the issue by bringing in Hermann, Flood, Mulcahy, Barchi, Nixon, Genghis Khan, etc. Ash is the FACE of the program - he needs to know these things. And if he can't keep track of them, then he needs to hire an assistant to follow him around and whisper in his ear, ala Anne Hathaway in The Devil Wears Prada.
nailed it

indefensible really

he doesn't need a prep guy for this, he should know his upcoming schedule like the back of his hand

BTW does anyone here know the game time without using google?
If you were going on the radio to discuss/promote the game would you google it? If you were calling into a talk show would you google it, just to know when the game is? If Ash is too busy to spend 5 min researching the topic or to spend 5 min with an assistant SID, then don't go on the show. Absolute embarrassment

Reactions: RU31trap
I heard the interview. Carton sucked, as usual.

You guys b*tch on Ash for everything. He's got more important things to do than remember an insignificant game date.
Yeah right its just fans and potential fans listening to the show not to mention potential future recruits, why should he care if anyone was listening. He can say or not say whatever he wants. Who needs more fans anyway.

Yeah, he should have known about the date and Boomer being a Terp. Why he's doing it in mid-June, 4 1/2 months before the game is a bit of a mystery to me. I don't know whose idea it was to do the spot now, but it makes NO sense that they didn't do it when Boomer was around, simply because of the UMD connection.

Reactions: Queztastic
This is one of the reasons RU really needed to have considered PJ Fleck. Besides bringing media buzz,knowing area coaches and being an energetic guy,he knows the NJ landscape and the Jersey culture.Having just coached a national top 20 team also didnt hurt.
Just saying..
You sure are consistent, I'll give you that.

BTW does anyone here know the game time without using google?
what a stupid question, sorry, have to call this out. I don't think anyone here is being paid millions to coach 7 home games. Like I said earlier, if any of you worked for me and did something this, I'd can your ass and especially on the backside of such a $hitty debut last year

Imagine you are in a meeting and you don't know the date of implementation of a project YOU ARE WORKING ON. Fortunately, you are being paid less than 200k so it's a cheap fix

The date of the game he should know.

Not knowing or feigning ignorance on the Boomer/Maryland connection I liked.

I support Ash. I also think he could have done a bit better today on the show. Say what you want about them, but Graber and GS did very well during their appearances on the FAN. I think CA is doing a good job of branding on social media but his appearances on the air or during press conferences are not noteworthy.

Bet he knows the date of the 1st game of the season, and that what's important. You would think Boomer and Carton would have known the date, I bet you they called him for the interview, not the other way around.

I am surprised. Unlike a poster above, I find Ash very impressive in his media appearances. It's the job of the sports information director to prep Ash, and I am wondering why this did not happen.

This irrelevant. If Ash coaches the game well and we win, no one here will care about this interview.

He's a football coach, not a promoter.

I am surprised. Unlike a poster above, I find Ash very impressive in his media appearances. It's the job of the sports information director to prep Ash, and I am wondering why this did not happen.
Perhaps what I am looking for is more passion. Doug and Greg came off as passionate advocates of the program. He reminds me more of Dick Anderson in how he carries himself with the media.

Perhaps what I am looking for is more passion. Doug and Greg came off as passionate advocates of the program. He reminds me more of Dick Anderson in how he carries himself with the media.

Terry Shea wasn't bad either. Always thought he sounded like Dick Vermeil.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Still trying to forget Shea. Was doing a good job of it until now. LOL! But yes you are correct, Shea was not bad in that area as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT