ADVERTISEMENT

COVID-19 Pandemic: Transmissions, Deaths, Treatments, Vaccines, Interventions and More...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's the person that said like 6 weeks ago that Florida opened up and there was no spike 15,300 positives today. There is no turning back we have 100% lost control of this virus.

Every state needs to close its borders to every other state and the narrow the areas and control within their own states whether you shut down counties to other counties then towns to towns. The US people are our own worst enemies

More testing more positives

A lot of us in March begged NJ to close it's border with NY via trains and busses when NY had major outbreaks , so I hear you.

Who's the person that said like 6 weeks ago that Florida opened up and there was no spike 15,300 positives today. There is no turning back we have 100% lost control of this virus.

Every state needs to close its borders to every other state and the narrow the areas and control within their own states whether you shut down counties to other counties then towns to towns. The US people are our own worst enemies
Only idiots who have no idea how viruses operate were saying that. Some of us absolutely knew that these states opened up too quickly and were doomed to see spikes without following the CDC metrics/guidelines, unlike most of the NE US states, which were hit much harder and were far more serious about following their own guidelines (similar to CDCs). Could have prevented the vast majority of all of this by requiring masks back in early April, rather than the weak "recommendations" that were issued by the CDC.

Only idiots who have no idea how viruses operate were saying that. Some of us absolutely knew that these states opened up too quickly and were doomed to see spikes without following the CDC metrics/guidelines, unlike most of the NE US states, which were hit much harder and were far more serious about following their own guidelines (similar to CDCs). Could have prevented the vast majority of all of this by requiring masks back in early April, rather than the weak "recommendations" that were issued by the CDC.
Thousands of lives could have been saved by requiring wearing a mask. Sounds familiar.

Reactions: Greg2020
It's quite possible this will continue to be the case. But other states are ready to have their time in the spotlight.

It is unfortunate that NJ and NYC were hit so early in the timeline.

I can't imagine how bad the carnage would have been if the China travel ban wasn't set in January.

In NJ alone we'd be looking at over 30k victims. Especially since WHO and the CDC instructed people to not wear masks then. Saying it's selfish to get them.

I can't imagine how bad the carnage would have been if the China travel ban wasn't set in January.

In NJ alone we'd be looking at over 30k victims. Especially since WHO and the CDC instructed people to not wear masks then. Saying it's selfish to get them.
Those are some dried up worms you got there. You need some fresh bait on that line.

Yeah, WHO and the CDC told us not to wear them for months, SMH.

Wearing masks is only part of CV Prevention.

Avoiding crowds is another biggee

Wrong, CDC recommended face coverings on 4/2 and, of course, the POTUS inexplicably discouraged people from wearing the masks by saying, “This is voluntary. I don’t think I am going to be doing it.” The WHO was very late on masks. Some of us were ahead of the curve on this, though...

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...ventions-and-more.191275/page-14#post-4450962

Wrong, CDC recommended face coverings on 4/2 and, of course, the POTUS inexplicably discouraged people from wearing the masks by saying, “This is voluntary. I don’t think I am going to be doing it.” Th WHO was very late on masks. Some of us were ahead of the curve on this, though...

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...ventions-and-more.191275/page-14#post-4450962

4/2 , VERY late.
They should have said it on 2/2

But, science tells us it's a new virus that got out of China, so the world was not prepared, including WHO, CDC, Cuomo, Murphy, Pepsi, Bird, Fauci, Trump, Schumer and everyone else.

Science and non-manipulated Data must decide policy now more than ever.

Reported deaths from March as new deaths today is an example of not being truthful with the public.

Wrong, CDC recommended face coverings on 4/2 and, of course, the POTUS inexplicably discouraged people from wearing the masks by saying, “This is voluntary. I don’t think I am going to be doing it.” The WHO was very late on masks. Some of us were ahead of the curve on this, though...

You're getting political, as usual.

How am I wrong?

I said months, February 1 to April 2 is months.

Please stop bringing politics into this thread.

Stick with science and data for the good of the thread.

Generally agree. While Pfizer would clearly like to make some profit off the vaccine, they're the only company that turned down Federal funding as part of the US's Warp Speed vaccine development program.

https://pharmaintelligence.informa....ceo-bourla-wants-profit-from-covid-19-vaccine

Pfizer is among those short-listed for Operation Warp Speed, the US government’s program to accelerate coronavirus vaccine development, but the company is not participating in government clinical trial coordination or taking federal dollars.

Bourla said that the decision to forego federal assistance was difficult, but ultimately he decided that federal involvement would have slowed development. He also reiterated that Pfizer did not need the money or government expertise to run the trials.

“When you take money, the people that are giving the money want to know how you spent them and what exactly you are doing,” he said. “Speed was of essence right now. I wanted to make sure that we give to our people autonomy to move fast and run and be able to produce a vaccine.”
+1
Great info, thanks for posting. Pfizer is confident and wants to move forward with as much control as possible. You never know until the large P3 trial starts to produce data, but Pfizer is not going to bluff their hand.

We already discussed the Pfizer vaccine when trial results were released last week. It got a good immune response, but the medium and high doses caused fevers in everyone. Low dose caused fevers in 9% of the people, so if the low does doesn’t work, this vaccine ain’t gonna work. To Whitebus’ point, the CEO didn’t say that did he?
As per the public P1 data, which is a dose finding study, it works very well for that particular endpoint. Also, fevers could be a very minor AE that makes perfect sense (since you are introducing a virus into the body to generate antibodies).

Remember, the CEO knows all of the data and his response, spend $1B to start manufacturing the vaccine.

Reactions: King of S
As per the public P1 data, which is a dose finding study, it works very well for that particular endpoint. Also, fevers could be a very minor AE that makes perfect sense (since you are introducing a virus into the body to generate antibodies).

Remember, the CEO knows all of the data and his response, spend $1B to start manufacturing the vaccine.
Ya, you never know till you know, and it is still months away, but I see Pfizer's actions here as a very good sign.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Ya, you never know till you know, and it is still months away, but I see Pfizer's actions here as a very good sign.
+1
Pfizer isn't going to risk $1B on a wish and a prayer. Plenty more work to do, but this is a good sign.

Better yet. Shut down your own towns. Only let people who live there stay within. No outsiders shopping riding through town. That will fix em.

Reactions: bac2therac

I just don’t think many people will sign up for a vaccine that will give you a fever.

The T Cell reports coming out are interesting too.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...avirus-in-absence-of-antibodies-idUSKBN24B1D8

Do vaccines need to invoke a T Cell response as well as the neutralizing antibodies? If so, I wonder which vaccine candidates do this.

Are people with the right T Cell response immune from Covid without even needing the antibodies? If so, a lot more people would be protected against Covid and antibodies only lasting 3 months wouldn’t be a problem. May also explain all the asymptomatic people.

As numbers says, your schtick is old. We all knew about the lags. Anyone who has a clue knows. We know you don't. Tell the people of Arizona it's not a disaster right now. Scream Cuomo and Murphy all you want, Arizona had 3 months of advanced notice. I won't be responding further to your posts, as it is clear you just don't get it.
LOL. So you can't produce any receipts about the 3-4+ week "lag" in daily hospitalization counts at the time of the Horowitz article I linked at least a month ago now. #Shocker. #Not.

Must be fun trying to craft timely public policy with such garbage data. Don't worry I know you can't respond substantively or honestly, "Greg"--it's OK for you to hide behind Numbers' skirt.

Facts they did not have PPE for 1st responders they are not going to tell everyone to wear masks when we couldn't outfit our hospitals with shit product that was ineffective

4/2 , VERY late.
They should have said it on 2/2

But, science tells us it's a new virus that got out of China, so the world was not prepared, including WHO, CDC, Cuomo, Murphy, Pepsi, Bird, Fauci, Trump, Schumer and everyone else.

Science and non-manipulated Data must decide policy now more than ever.

Reported deaths from March as new deaths today is an example of not being truthful with the public.

Very late????? it is recommended by the CDC that babies be born with masks as they exit the womb.

Reactions: biker7766
LOL you pompous paper tiger. You obviously missed the point in my post re: assuming your actual hypothetical that the CDC test kits were ready and available in Feb., you know, with supply chain logistics functioning. So your weak deflection with that was dumb. And your silly comparison of the U.S. to So Korea--including but not limited to it being about 1% the size of the U.S.--was already dismissed. Maybe you should read up on that.

But go ahead and show me where you think you have explained to me 5 or 6 times about the blocking and tackling for getting all those tests actually done in Feb to avoid this NYC metro's chicomvirus disaster. It's time to move on from your biased Monday Morning Quarterbacking here, unless of course you're perfectly fine with only your fellow CNN fanboys shaking their pom-poms at your full-throated defense of the Dems and hackneyed attacks of everything Trump.

And finally, don't worry about my math capabilities, they have paid-off very well for me in my career. You should learn to relax and stop being the old man yelling at people to get off your lawn just because your opinions are questioned in the Chicomvirus threads. Then again, these threads have become your life's work, well along with Melody Bar reunions, after getting that early "retirement' package cramdown from Merck so maybe it's not that easy .

Let's not forget about the I told you so's and saying what he feels and saying the CDC and other official agree with him instead of he agreeing with them. Not only that but he sticks in his political jabs with no repercussions. I waiting for his book to come out.

Let's not forget about the I told you so's and saying what he feels and saying the CDC and other official agree with him instead of he agreeing with them. Not only that but he sticks in his political jabs with no repercussions. I waiting for his book to come out.
Shhhh, we can't challenge Numbers and his cheap political or personal jabs....my post addressing his ignoramus insults towards me has been removed. LOL

Shhhh, we can't challenge Numbers and his cheap political or personal jabs....my post addressing his ignoramus insults towards me has been removed. LOL
No idea what you're talking about, but I've had posts deleted too and you didn't see me blaming you or whining about it to the board like a little girl. I suggest you either post appropriately or toughen up a little.

if masks are everything then why are gyms shuutered for good
You know the answer. Gyms are an extremely high-risk environment. The government cannot require gyms to require masks (if they did you would be screaming bloody murder). So the result would be some gym-goers wearing masks, and many selfish people like yourself breathing heavily, indoors, without a mask.

The T Cell reports coming out are interesting too.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...avirus-in-absence-of-antibodies-idUSKBN24B1D8

Do vaccines need to invoke a T Cell response as well as the neutralizing antibodies? If so, I wonder which vaccine candidates do this.

Are people with the right T Cell response immune from Covid without even needing the antibodies? If so, a lot more people would be protected against Covid and antibodies only lasting 3 months wouldn’t be a problem. May also explain all the asymptomatic people.

It's literally a trillion dollar question and was why I chose this topic for the first post of the new thread. Somewhere around 50% of people who have never been exposed to the virus have T-cells that provide an immune response to SARS-CoV-2 in cell culture, very likely due to T-cell cross-reactivity stemming from exposure to other coronaviruses. Figuring out whether that confers none, little, some or complete immunity to COVID (and what it might mean for vaccines) is incalculably important.

No idea what you're talking about, but I've had posts deleted too and you didn't see me blaming you or whining about it to the board like a little girl. I suggest you either post appropriately or toughen up a little.

I think you are too close to this to see it. Take your post about "some of us here" being out front on masks.. then linking to your post on March 14.

C'mon. Not necessary.. and not a good look. You could have said, Time Magazine has a piece on masks and they make a good point.. maybe we should be wearing them. And then, now, say.. Time Magazine was out front on masks.

On the other hand.. neither is pointing that out to you.. or mocking you for it. We should all be better than that. Like in your most recent post about T-cells... that is the kind of thing that adds value.. looking to assign blame does not... not unless you KNOW and have evidence why the CDC and FDA and Cuomo and others made the choices that mad.

Thousands of lives could have been saved by requiring wearing a mask. Sounds familiar.
Oh god. If you really think wearing masks would have been the difference you are a complete idiot. There are many reasons why there has been serious flaws in the actions taken and not taken. Wearing masks is at not at the top of the list. It's not even top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT