ADVERTISEMENT

How lucky is Kyle Flood?

Flood wasn't great as a HC at RU, but he had a winning record and was a questionable penalty away from taking RU to the Orange Bowl, despite the lack of support and resources. He was always a very good OL coach. What we've seen at Alabama and Texas is that context does indeed matter.

Reactions: RC71
This is tiresome. First of all, it was a cute move to quote only the second paragraph of what I said, and used that to try to change what I said. Context matters, and here's the whole of what I said, and I have bolded the parts that are important for context. I have color coded what I originally said below in bold and matched it up to what I said, versus what you changed what I said. I'm not mad, and I don't want to exhange insults either. I realize fans and people have different views of Flood's tenure at Rutgers. But it was really small potatoes and happened 10 years ago, and what happened then does not disqualify him from another opportunity to be a head coach and possibly succeeding.

In 2011, Flood was not ready to be a head coach, particularly with the crap support and resources he was provided, and recruiting was an uphill battle due to multiple scandals under Julie Hermann and then the MIke Rice fiasco--good like trying to get quality recruits in that environment. The athletics department was a laughing stock and dysfunctional.

Saban and Sark are outstanding mentors to learn from. Saban "rehabilitated" lots of coaches who fell on hard times or failed at some point in their careers.

Sarkisian rehabilitated his career. He and Flood coached together at the Falcons and then at Alabama. Flood must have impressed Sark, because Sark hired him at Texas. This is called mentoring. Sark's head coaching record was not great prior to this year. And at USC, Sark had bigger issues than Flood did at Rutgers, which led to Sark's firing.

"Here's a thought. Maybe it wasn't so much Flood--it was Rutgers and the lack of support they provided to him in a coaching salary pool, facilities and a dingbat DEI AD hire that hamstrung him and the entire athletics department multiple times. Couple that with Flood not being ready to be a HC, not having a good mentor by his side, and then cutting corners and doing some dumb crap- and that explains his tenure as HC at Rutgers.

Put the guy in a top tier program like Alabama or Texas that has unlimited resources, and he thrives. It's really not difficult to figure out. And of course it's a hell of a lot easier to be an ace recruiter at Alabama and Texas compared to Rutgers. If Sarkisian's career can be rehabilitated and given a second chance, there is no reason why Flood does not get a second chance. Unless he's a total zero, he has to have learned a lot under Saban and Sark."
Honestly I already got all that and I didn't really think any of that was any kind of revelation (which is why I left the first paragraph out-literally no other reason; everyone and their mother knows our athletic department was an absolute mess at that time). Context is important, which is why I'm a bit surprised that you didn't mention that Sark was already a fairly successful HC (rebuilding a Washington program coming off tough times, leading to him becoming USC's HC) prior to alcohol throwing his career off track, which is a much different scenario than Flood's, which is more 'can he actually be a successful HC on his own?' I agree that both needed an 'image makeover', but Sark had/has already proven he can be a viable HC.

Joe P

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
Honestly I already got all that and I didn't really think any of that was any kind of revelation (which is why I left the first paragraph out-literally no other reason; everyone and their mother knows our athletic department was an absolute mess at that time). Context is important, which is why I'm a bit surprised that you didn't mention that Sark was already a fairly successful HC (rebuilding a Washington program coming off tough times, leading to him becoming USC's HC) prior to alcohol throwing his career off track, which is a much different scenario than Flood's, which is more 'can he be a successful HC on his own?'

Joe P
I'm not sure I agree about Sark being fairly successful at Washington, or for that matter, certainly not at USC.
5-7 followed by three 7-6 seasons at a program like Washington that did extremely well under Rick Neuheisel in the early 2000's. But my post was not about comparing Sarkisian and Flood. It was about being around and learning from successful coaches like Saban, and then Sarkisian at Texas, who has rebuilt Texas into a CFP team after years of futility. Whether Flood will be offered or take a HC opportunity remains to be seen. He may be perfectly happy making $1.25M per year as a glorified coordinator (Sark calls the plays).

Yes, Sark's downfall is different than Flood's. Regardless how different fans see Flood's HC record at Rutgers (was it due to Greg's recruits, his coaching, or a little of both?) he is still the only Rutgers HC of football with a winning record, 26-22 post Frank Burns: Greg, Ash, Shea, Graber, Dick Anderson all have losing records. And he owns the best record as a HC in the B1G, RU's inaugural year in the B1G, 2014. At a place like Rutgers, where sucess and winning records are elusive, to say Flood did not have some success until his downfall in 2015 is a bit harsh and perhaps misleading.

I think we have some things that we agree on, and some that we disagree on, which is OK. We made progress on what seemed like complete disagreement. ☮️🕊️

I'm not sure I agree about Sark being fairly successful at Washington, or for that matter, certainly not at USC.
5-7 followed by three 7-6 seasons at a program like Washington that did extremely well under Rick Neuheisel in the early 2000's. But my post was not about comparing Sarkisian and Flood. It was about being around and learning from successful coaches like Saban, and then Sarkisian at Texas, who has rebuilt Texas into a CFP team after years of futility. Whether Flood will be offered or take a HC opportunity remains to be seen. He may be perfectly happy making $1.25M per year as a glorified coordinator (Sark calls the plays).

Yes, Sark's downfall is different than Flood's. Regardless how different fans see Flood's HC record at Rutgers (was it due to Greg's recruits, his coaching, or a little of both?) he is still the only Rutgers HC of football with a winning record, 26-22 post Frank Burns: Greg, Ash, Shea, Graber, Dick Anderson all have losing records. And he owns the best record as a HC in the B1G, RU's inaugural year in the B1G, 2014. At a place like Rutgers, where sucess and winning records are elusive, to say Flood did not have some success until his downfall in 2015 is a bit harsh and perhaps misleading.

I think we have some things that we agree on, and some that we disagree on, which is OK. We made progress on what seemed like complete disagreement. ☮️🕊️
Sark wasn't a runaway success at UW though he did take over a squad that was winless the year before and I think had them bowling by year 2. Overall we definitely agree on a number of key points (and I have no issue with you/enjoy reading your posts). One big point I'm not sure has been brought up is 'does Flood *want* to be a HC again?' He's definitely had/earned the opportunity to learn under some of the best the coaching profession has to offer, which can go either way (isn't Beliceck's HC tree pretty awful?).

I do think Flood could be a successful HC in fairly specific situations (basically either end of the bell curve-a lower-pressure G5 or possibly a 'ready-made' P4 with a strong staff) but I'm not sure he can step into a more 'everyday' situation ('middle/ lower pack' P4 team or a weaker G5 program that needs a new HC) and be successful.

Joe P.

Sark wasn't a runaway success at UW though he did take over a squad that was winless the year before and I think had them bowling by year 2. Overall we definitely agree on a number of key points (and I have no issue with you/enjoy reading your posts). One big point I'm not sure has been brought up is 'does Flood *want* to be a HC again?' He's definitely had/earned the opportunity to learn under some of the best the coaching profession has to offer, which can go either way (isn't Beliceck's HC tree pretty awful?).

I do think Flood could be a successful HC in fairly specific situations (basically either end of the bell curve-a lower-pressure G5 or possibly a 'ready-made' P4 with a strong staff) but I'm not sure he can step into a more 'everyday' situation ('middle/ lower pack' P4 team or a weaker G5 program that needs a new HC) and be successful.

Joe P.
And before the people come out and scream "Floodie" at me, I would have reservations hiring him as a HC in a P5 program for his first stop. As I mentioned in my post above, he did plenty to seal his fate and was a bonehead with the whole dance TA routine. We agree that a G5 opportunity would be good for him, or perhaps UConn, or a "lower level" P5 such as Boston College. Have thought that Delaware might be a good opportunity for him. While $1.25M is not close to what head coach's make, unless he is lousy with money, he should have substantial savings by now, and may be he does not want to be bothered with all of the responsibilities of being a HC and just enjoys coaching the OL and doing the recruiting stuff.

And before the people come out and scream "Floodie" at me, I would have reservations hiring him as a HC in a P5 program for his first stop. As I mentioned in my post above, he did plenty to seal his fate and was a bonehead with the whole dance TA routine. We agree that a G5 opportunity would be good for him, or perhaps UConn, or a "lower level" P5 such as Boston College. Have thought that Delaware might be a good opportunity for him. While $1.25M is not close to what head coach's make, unless he is lousy with money, he should have substantial savings by now, and may be he does not want to be bothered with all of the responsibilities of being a HC and just enjoys coaching the OL and doing the recruiting stuff.
Delaware could actually work; they would probably support him well in terms of staffing/resources (relative for a new C-USA squad), it's fairly close to home and expectations wouldn't be sky-high or in the toilet. I'm not sure about BC though; them, cuse and Temple all had the opportunity to speak with him over the past 2 years for their HC spots and I don't think any of them did. For spots like BC and cuse, he would really need strong coordinatior contacts (I'm not really sure who 'his guys' are/would be at this point).

Joe P.

Plus the recruits he inherited were robbing
other students by gun point.
check your facts , Flood recruited all of the players involved that were on the roster at the time of arrest ,
One the previous HC might have started recruiting but Flood kept him in the fold when he took over and was the HC when the class of 2012 signed their LOIs.
The others were not in play Flood's first year as HC, they came after that and were recruited after the 2012 season.

One was an explayer and what they do after they leave can only be blames on themselves , not the program they played for.

the hatred for Flood is irrational and proves the lack of appreciation for the drivers of good/bad for all things RU football related. That includes Greg who surprisingly get's a pass in all of this

Reactions: RUDiddy777
the hatred for Flood is irrational and proves the lack of appreciation for the drivers of good/bad for all things RU football related. That includes Greg who surprisingly get's a pass in all of this
Yep, hating Flood is kind of dumb, but trying to show Greg might deserve hate as well makes one look like they aren't overburdened with intelligence.
Flood made some mistakes, Schiano isn't perfect, but the hate both get from some borders on ridiculous

Flood was over-matched when he was hired and wound up costing himself a job.
Schiano hasn't proved to be a great Head Coach, but he built a pretty good program out of the trash heep he inherited his first RU go-round and is looking like he'll be doing the same on his return trip.

Greg might not be good enough to make the coaches HOF but what Rutgers needs now is someone ( who Greg looks like he can do now ) to move RU into the season win column now then find someone that can make RU playoff material .
The hate on Greg is because as G1 he gave RU fans expectitions of greatness and never reached it.
He only built a constant 8 game winner and that is where the hate for him comes from.
Flood's hate comes from the impression he , despite the wins, Kyle's leadership and recruiting was making the program less than it should be and on a downward path.

Last edited:
Yep, hating Flood is kind of dumb, but trying to show Greg might deserve hate as well makes one look like they aren't overburdened with intelligence.
Flood made some mistakes, Schiano isn't perfect, but the hate both get from some borders on ridiculous

Flood was over-matched when he was hired and wound up costing himself a job.
Schiano hasn't proved to be a great Head Coach, but he built a pretty good program out of the trash heep he inherited his first RU go-round and is looking like he'll be doing the same on his return trip.

Greg might not be good enough to make the coaches HOF but what Rutgers needs now is someone ( who Greg looks like he can do now ) to move RU into the season win column now then find someone that can make RU playoff material .
The hate on Greg is because as G1 he gave RU fans expectitions of greatness and never reached it.
He only built a constant 8 game winner and that is where the hate for him comes from.
Flood's hate comes from the impression he , despite the wins, Kyle's leadership and recruiting was making the program less than it should be and on a downward path.
It’s funny with Flood and recruiting- he gets a bad rap when you just take an outer look.
He was bringing in every top kid in the state and beyond with a lot of very positive vibes- then he was having a not so great year, Julie trying to crush him and an OC that wanted his job.
Then there were a couple of bad egg kids that either just acted up during visits or tried to recruit kids away from Rutgers while on these visits.
Many were shocked when the first thing that happened was supposedly Flood pulling offers. Which many also supported- “this is how the big boys do it” - and then with Julie’s help, the class imploded.
Ok- the next step- Flood started recruiting the bad apples but high rank kids and bad apples with ehhh ranking but potential…
Hmmmmm- anyone notice a similarity to a school with a big red bird head on the helmet…

These were not the type of kids Greg or Kyle ever would have wanted here.

I’ve said it before- what pissed me off with Flood- is that he gave up and just threw his morals out the window once he saw the JH handwriting

It’s funny with Flood and recruiting- he gets a bad rap when you just take an outer look.
He was bringing in every top kid in the state and beyond with a lot of very positive vibes- then he was having a not so great year, Julie trying to crush him and an OC that wanted his job.
Then there were a couple of bad egg kids that either just acted up during visits or tried to recruit kids away from Rutgers while on these visits.
Many were shocked when the first thing that happened was supposedly Flood pulling offers. Which many also supported- “this is how the big boys do it” - and then with Julie’s help, the class imploded.
Ok- the next step- Flood started recruiting the bad apples but high rank kids and bad apples with ehhh ranking but potential…
Hmmmmm- anyone notice a similarity to a school with a big red bird head on the helmet…

These were not the type of kids Greg or Kyle ever would have wanted here.

I’ve said it before- what pissed me off with Flood- is that he gave up and just threw his morals out the window once he saw the JH handwriting
What got to me with recruiting under Flood were the stories about us recruiting off of post-it notes (seemingly no organized 'mother board'/flow-chart), the "I don't need you; you need me" phone calls and then the stories about hosting players telling recruits to 'look elsewhere' (remember first hearing about this in the spring of 2014). I think Flood's biggest mistake was probably the overly-relaxed/ 'laissez faire' culture. I remember asking Nova about this when he made a guest appearance on here and if I remember correctly even he said most of the stuff that happened under Flood would not have happened under Schiano.

Joe P.

Last edited:
What got to me with recruiting under Flood were the stories about us recruiting off of post-it notes (seemingly no organized 'mother board'/flow-chart), the "I don't need you; you need me" phone calls and then the stories about hosting players telling recruits to 'look elsewhere' (remember first hearing about this in the spring of 2014). I think Flood's biggest mistake was probably the overly-relaxed/ 'laissez faire' culture. I remember asking Nova about this when he made a guest appearance on here and if I remember correctly even he said most of the stuff that happened under Flood would not have happened under Schiano.

Joe P.
It wouldn’t have. Greg also would not have had to ask a teacher for an extra credit assignment.
But…Greg had also built a kingdom. He had huge supporters as well as huge detractors who he had walked over in building his football kingdom. The next guy in, was not going to have the same support and the football haters were going to make it difficult.
Flood screwed the pooch but under different circumstances, he may have been so much better- team, players and winning.
And, he just wasn’t ready.

It wouldn’t have. Greg also would not have had to ask a teacher for an extra credit assignment.
But…Greg had also built a kingdom. He had huge supporters as well as huge detractors who he had walked over in building his football kingdom. The next guy in, was not going to have the same support and the football haters were going to make it difficult.
Flood screwed the pooch but under different circumstances, he may have been so much better- team, players and winning.
And, he just wasn’t ready.
I agree with you overall; a lot of Flood's mistakes were fairly typical for a first-time HC, which along with the dynamics that were unique to Rutgers at the time were just a bad combination.

...one potentially interesting point of consideration- what would Flood's tenure have looked like had he hired Fridgeien as OC/AHC in 2012 or even 2013?

Joe P.

Joe P.
Not sure where those "stories" come from. But often times those "insider" stories are based on BS or misinformation. Not saying that particular story you posted is true or not. But, for instance, some of the narratives that swirled around Greg's second hiring and the pause before hiring were never really verified. Same with Hobbs hiring of Ash. Ash was pretty much foisted upon him (anyone can look up the timeline via news reports)--the work had been done by Greg Brown, and Ash was served up to Hobbs. Sure, Hobbs could have pushed back, but it at least seemed the momentum to hire Ash was too great to reversed course once Hobbs was hired.

Do you know here the Post It notes stories came from?

Not sure where those "stories" come from. But often times those "insider" stories are based on BS or misinformation. Not saying that particular story you posted is true or not. But, for instance, some of the narratives that swirled around Greg's second hiring and the pause before hiring were never really verified. Same with Hobbs hiring of Ash. Ash was pretty much foisted upon him (anyone can look up the timeline via news reports)--the work had been done by Greg Brown, and Ash was served up to Hobbs. Sure, Hobbs could have pushed back, but it at least seemed the momentum to hire Ash was too great to reversed course once Hobbs was hired.

The 'Post-It' notes and "I don't need you; you need me" stories I think came from Bobby (some other posters who had 'connections' had also made comments along similar lines as the 'phone call comments') if I remember correctly. Usually stories like that have 3 sides-what Person A says happened, what Person B says happened, and what actually happened. In terms of the players telling recruits to 'look elsewhere', I remember hearing about that sometime in the spring of 2015, though the first 'red flag' I remember along those lines was a comment from Chapelle Russel's mother (Russel ended up being a good LB at Temple and I think he played a few seasons in the NFL) in the spring of 2014 in an article about a visit to Rutgers (she had made comments expressing concern about 'player safety and academics', which seemed ridiculous at the time but then looked much different by the summer of 2015).

In terms of Ash, I agree; the timeline alone basically makes it almost impossible for Ash to have been 'Hobbs' guy'.

Joe P.

Last edited:
The 'Post-It' notes and "I don't need you; you need me" stories I think came from Bobby (some other posters who had 'connections' had also made comments along similar lines as the 'phone call comments') if I remember correctly. Usually stories like that have 3 sides-what Person A says happened, what Person B says happened, and what actually happened. In terms of the players telling recruits to 'look elsewhere', I remember hearing about that sometime in the spring of 2015, though the first 'red flag' I remember along those lines was a comment from Chapelle Russel's mother (Russel ended up being a good LB at Temple and I think he played a few seasons in the NFL) in the spring of 2014 in an article about a visit to Rutgers (she had made comments expressing concern about 'player safety and academics', which seemed ridiculous at the time but then looked much different by the summer of 2015).

In terms of Ash, I agree; the timeline alone basically makes it almost impossible for Ash to have been 'Hobbs' guy'.

Joe P.
IIRC, that is the same Bobby who did a snake in the grass podcast or comment when the Greg 2.0 talks initially broke off. I saw it as the usual negotiating tactics on both sides- Greg want to get as much in the way of assurances as possible that he would get what he thought was needed to make RU a winning program, and Hobbs and the BOG trying to hold the line on $$$ and not overspend. But if that is the same Bobby who moved over to the other site, I put little credit in that story.

Nothing against Bobby per se, but as you said, these are often 3-sided stories with some truth somewhere in between. We hear various stories in the Provident Club sometimes, but I usually pay them no mind and wait for the actual story to unfold. I never post any rumors/stories here for a good reason. I'm far from being an insider, but do chat it up with some big donors now and then. Even if something is revealed, I'm not going to pump info into the rumor mill.

there is a lot you and many don't know

no man is clean here

Joe P.
Who knows with the posted notes...but let's also be realistic- as much as technology has progressed- there are a reason that post it notes are still prevalent at Staples, as are desk calendars. I would be willing to bet that most Coaches use post it notes in some way. If I remember- BD seemed to have a huge grudge on the program at the time.
The "I do't need you" Most likely is true- happens all the time. If I remember correctly, a couple of those kids that were told that, were causing trouble during visits. I believe Ash even took a flier on one of the main culprits and ended up booting his ass out. I think it was Mitchell? And others were because they verbal committed and then continued to keep visiting, one kid even blatantly lied about it. I think he was given that "I don't need you talk" - others that just continued visiting but in a "professional" way- were told "You still have our offer but if you are visiting others, I do not consider you committed" - that is very normal - and it got turned into "pulled his offer" which wasn't always true.

I do remember one of the Moms that didn't want her son to come here because players were telling recruits to stay away. By the time this was happening- it would make sense. Flood's last couple of years were just chaos. I really think he was just collecting a paycheck by then, the kids he had to bring in were the type of kid that required Coach Smart to put up his locker room signs at Louisville.

None of this is to defend Flood. He mailed it in and took a big paycheck in his way of what they now call "Quiet quitting" - through his own beliefs and morals out the door and just gave up.

Who knows with the posted notes...but let's also be realistic- as much as technology has progressed- there are a reason that post it notes are still prevalent at Staples, as are desk calendars. I would be willing to bet that most Coaches use post it notes in some way. If I remember- BD seemed to have a huge grudge on the program at the time.
The "I do't need you" Most likely is true- happens all the time. If I remember correctly, a couple of those kids that were told that, were causing trouble during visits. I believe Ash even took a flier on one of the main culprits and ended up booting his ass out. I think it was Mitchell? And others were because they verbal committed and then continued to keep visiting, one kid even blatantly lied about it. I think he was given that "I don't need you talk" - others that just continued visiting but in a "professional" way- were told "You still have our offer but if you are visiting others, I do not consider you committed" - that is very normal - and it got turned into "pulled his offer" which wasn't always true.

I do remember one of the Moms that didn't want her son to come here because players were telling recruits to stay away. By the time this was happening- it would make sense. Flood's last couple of years were just chaos. I really think he was just collecting a paycheck by then, the kids he had to bring in were the type of kid that required Coach Smart to put up his locker room signs at Louisville.

None of this is to defend Flood. He mailed it in and took a big paycheck in his way of what they now call "Quiet quitting" - through his own beliefs and morals out the door and just gave up.
regarding Flood's 2015 season, it truly was a cluster in all aspects here.

JH ran a horrible department.
Flood wasn't the man for a job in the Big 10 (would have been different if we had stayed in the AAC).
JH had tried to get rid of Flood in 2013.
Flood could easily have mailed it in during 2015 as the wheels feel off and he wasn't getting any support. Probably similar to Graber's situattion at the end of his tenure.

Reactions: JoeRU0304

Flood wasn't the man for a job in the Big 10 (would have been different if we had stayed in the AAC).
Flood could easily have mailed it in during 2015 as the wheels feel off and he wasn't getting any support. Probably similar to Graber's situattion at the end of his tenure.
The funny thing is- let’s say Tim P had stayed on- I don’t think the horrors of 2013-2019 happen. I don’t think Flood would have been great but he could have bridged us to the next step.

Reactions: RU Cheese
The funny thing is- let’s say Tim P had stayed on- I don’t think the horrors of 2013-2019 happen. I don’t think Flood would have been great but he could have bridged us to the next step.
Despite it bothering people so much, I'd love to pull up the JH threads and review all of the "you guys are crazy she's going to be soooo great" posts...

I can definitely appreciate these points. Where I tend to shake my head is where I see posters say stuff like, 'Flood was a much better game day coach than Schiano' (based on what exactly?), with some of those same posters blasting Schiano for 'not beating any teams with a winning record' or 'only beating teams that are in turmoil' while propping up Flood's bigger wins and completely/blatantly ignoring those same criteria (for as much as we appreciate the 2 Arkansas wins the Razorbacks won a combined 7 games in 2012-2013 and played the 2012 season under an interim HC after Petrino had the whole motorcycle fiasco, and Michigan was a mess throughout 2014).

Joe P.

Last edited:

Not suggesting that Graber mailed it in during the 94 and 95 seasons -- just that there was virtually no support for him from the admin and kids were leaving the program in droves. No one could have succeeded here.

Despite it bothering people so much, I'd love to pull up the JH threads and review all of the "you guys are crazy she's going to be soooo great" posts...
Some real gems in here supporting Julie upon her firing:

And here:

Dynamite job she did on fundraising for the basketball practice facility:

I can tell you- it wouldn’t be me.

I can’t remember- but maybe I was willing to give her a chance but couldn’t stand her almost immediately- she was so similar to Ash.

I can’t remember- but maybe I was willing to give her a chance but couldn’t stand her almost immediately- she was so similar to Ash.
I think her best move here was lobbying for the QuickLane Bowl bid in 2014 when it looked like we were headed to the Heart of Dallas Bowl (which was also on 12/26 but at 11:30am vs. C-USA). Other than that, I don't really remember her making many positive moves at Rutgers.

Joe P.

Will admit that I liked the Hermann hire and defended her for awhile.
Just going by her Louisville resume she looked like she might be a good hire and thought a lot of resentment for her was because of her being a lesbian.
But after finding out how she was as person and lied about something that happened , stopped supporting her..

Kyle I supported one was just thinking he deserved a chance toprove himself and another reason was feeling since Rutgers was hiring on the cheap, Flood probably would be just as good as anyone willing to come in for what Rutgers was offering
I stayed supportive until I in salary and support.
I stayed supportive until I couldn't look away from the off field issues making the program look rogue and his secrete meeting .

Just going by her Louisville resume she looked like she might be a good hire and thought a lot of resentment for her was because of her being a lesbian.
But after finding out how she was as person and lied about something that happened , stopped supporting her..

Kyle I supported one was just thinking he deserved a chance toprove himself and another reason was feeling since Rutgers was hiring on the cheap, Flood probably would be just as good as anyone willing to come in for what Rutgers was offering
I stayed supportive until I couldn't look away from the off field issues making the program look rogue and his secrete meeting .
horrible hire and especially so when we could have had the guy from Wisconsin

Some real gems in here supporting Julie upon her firing:

And here:

Dynamite job she did on fundraising for the basketball practice facility:

some of those reads are atrocious and wreak of I&*))(*(((*)(*))(*)(***&Y*&*)

I wasn't or didn't mean to imply that - just replied to your post

Our ol during flood period was stacked talent wise.

Flood was an abysmal ceo Never got the sense he was near a top flight intellect fwiw
Or even a low level intellect. The guy is a buffoon. A connected, wealthy buffoon but still a buffoon.

She had a good pedigree working under Jurich at Lousville, but we saw later that was a house of cards (no pun intended).

IMO, the resentment was mostly because the hiring committee stacked the questions and railroaded the best qualified applicant for the job, Sean Frazier, who was in the same position as Julie but at a B1G school we should emulate, Wisconsin. THAT was a problem. The hiring process was co-opted and corrupted.

As you noted, she lied about her past, and she had some nasty skeletons in her closet. Couple those two things together, and it was apparent Rutgers Rutgersed again, to do the PC thing and to hire a compromised candidate.

She had a good pedigree working under Jurich at Lousville, but we saw later that was a house of cards (no pun intended).

IMO, the resentment was mostly because the hiring committee stacked the questions and railroaded the best qualified applicant for the job, Sean Frazier, who was in the same position as Julie but at a B1G school we should emulate, Wisconsin. THAT was a problem. The hiring process was co-opted and corrupted.

As you noted, she lied about her past, and she had some nasty skeletons in her closet. Couple those two things together, and it was apparent Rutgers Rutgersed again, to do the PC thing and to hire a compromised candidate.
nailed it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT