ADVERTISEMENT

https://www.gofundme.com/FireFlood

I'm donating and this is great.

The douchey audacious attitude of Flood is astounding....to say he is protected instead of at least acting like he will try to win...disgrace

Get over it Floodies your time is over

how would that work? Would they donate into the gofund me?

To be honest, theRU, I'm not really sure what the process would be in terms of getting matching company donations up and running in this instance. -But if someone knows how it can be done, it clearly could add a big boost.

I'm also going to add donations in the name of Floodies who continue to spout their BS here. I am so sick of academic fraud, criminality, and losing being foisted onto this fanbase by not only the coach by more gallingly by "fans" who insist if you're not for fraud you're against your alma mater and the players.

We should not tolerate that.

I'm donating and this is great.

The douchey audacious attitude of Flood is astounding....to say he is protected instead of at least acting like he will try to win...disgrace

Get over it Floodies your time is over

My jaw dropped when I read the comments. I will always give someone a chance to redeem themselves, admit faults and try and win back the fanbase... but this guy arrogantly expressed how brazenly entitled he was to his position. You can't even make up his response. It was a giant insult to every Rutgers fans out there. "I don't care what you guys think or what you do, I'm not going anywhere."

Does he even realize he just poured gasoline onto his own dumpster fire? I mean honestly.

Any other response that showed even a speck of humility would have gained sympathy from plenty of rutgers faithful. Instead, he spit in our face, and said the fan's opinion doesn't matter.

This guy is very clearly 'fake nice'.

i'd donate but i want it to go for his firing.. not a charity that i didn't choose, i like to pick where donations go.. but hope to hell this works!!!

"for has she not stood since the time of the flood on the banks of the old raritan"

FIRE HIM

Wow, the arrogance of Flood is unbelievable. You would think he would show more humility, just gets to show his character and stubbornness and that's why we will never see Rettig under Flood. I don't think I can handle another blow out loss this year, we need to put Flood out of his misery and move on.

Reactions: zazoo2002
Can someone contact Deadspin, I know they might make fun of it but A LOT of people read that site and some of those guys went to Rutgers.

Come on ... Be nice ... Flood knows what he's doing ... 1+ 1 can equal 3

Let's predict the final score -- I'll go with 225 donors for $10,069. But hey, I'm good with anything that raises money for RU. How will you guys be listed on the ribbon screens at halftime of the 2016 games? I don't think that Fellowship of the Miserable will fit.

I'll keep sending my checks to the Big Ten Champions Fund, but thank you for asking.

Oh look honey there's our name! Hurry look! Oh you missed it! Darn. I suppose there is always next year.

Last edited:
ignore the actual amount of money. This is enough for a full page ad calling from his ouster... which would get just as much attention.. ignore the amount because the true amount at stake here is staggering.

Just think of the people not renewing season tickets.. possibly FOREVER..( consider what this has done to basketball.. reduced season ticket sales).. stopping athletic donations.. no need to compete for seats or parking spots.. a huge hit to concession sales and TV ratings. And if having decent football teams increased applications.. consider the hit to applications fees and the relative average SATs and selectivity of Rutgers.

There is much more at stake here than what can be raised with a goFUNDme site.

The easiest way to get ESPN/deadspin to pick up on things is have a plane fly a banner over practice. That seems to always get the attention of the media.

i'd donate but i want it to go for his firing.. not a charity that i didn't choose, i like to pick where donations go.. but hope to hell this works!!!

"for has she not stood since the time of the flood on the banks of the old raritan"

FIRE HIM
The charity is the Rutgers university foundation.

Wow that $5K is gonna buy a top name coach. Pitiful!

missed-the-point.png

5K in such a short time is quite an accomplishment. Keep posting to FB. Heck, post the SL article to FB.

I applaud anyone that donates and gives their real name. If you are going to give money to get someone fired at least be a man and use your name.
I laugh at these statements. Our coach got way more $$$ than he was ever going to make, more than many on this board will ever make in a lifetime and they're supposed to feel sorry for him?

honestly, averaging $50 to me doesn't sound all that good and when one considers that even now there are over 7000 people on this site ( there are far more in the aggregate) and only 100 in total have made a promise over two days doesn't make enough "noise"--as days pass unless there is a major groundswell , 200-300 in total ,many using phoney or clowning names does little--heck 50000 or more get to the stadium

honestly, averaging $50 to me doesn't sound all that good and when one considers that even now there are over 7000 people on this site ( there are far more in the aggregate) and only 100 in total have made a promise over two days doesn't make enough "noise"--as days pass unless there is a major groundswell , 200-300 in total ,many using phoney or clowning names does little--heck 50000 or more get to the stadium

As others have pointed out a number of times, it's not specifically about the dollar amount, it's calling attention to a problem that needs to be addressed. Without the fund, there wouldn't be the articles being written in various publications about the money raising effort and the reasons behind it. -That alone makes it worth it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT