ADVERTISEMENT

https://www.gofundme.com/FireFlood

I donate enough to the university thanks and I will continue to renew my five tickets no matter who the coach is. Two weeks ago the theme here was "give up your tickets, stopping all donations."Now some guy comes up with a go fund me page and everyone gets a mini boner and says "donate more.". What will next week bring?!

Honestly if you think 4k or let's say to gets up to 20k will get someone's attention in administration you may need your head examined. And an article by Sergeant won't change things either unfortunately. Whatever, everyone's entitled to their opinion and this just seems silly to me.

You don't think this has got the attention of JH, RB, etc? Some of you just do not realize that social media is more powerful than a few bucks

If I choose to donate it would be direct to Rutgers to get priority points and the benefits.

The small amount of money here makes us look silly.

Personally, I am more interested in the FB program gaining new leadership to move the program upward than I am with any personal benefit like priority points. But that's just me.

Even donating 1-2 starbucks coffees worth would be fine. It doesn't have to be big.

I hope the bigger donors are paying attention. We have hit the tipping point, I hope they have too.

Personally, I am more interested in the FB program gaining new leadership to move the program upward than I am with any personal benefit like priority points. But that's just me.

Even donating 1-2 starbucks coffees worth would be fine. It doesn't have to be big.
I think the main thing would be if 10000 people donated $1 for a total of $10,000 total that would speak higher than 10 people donating $10,000 each for $100,000 because it shows there is more people who care.

If I choose to donate it would be direct to Rutgers to get priority points and the benefits.

That is not an unreasonable position. That being said, if you donate $50 you are only out 0.5 PP's for 2016 (and 0.05 points in perpetuity), so not huge deal IMHO.

As someone that barely made it in to Blue Lot this year, I am definitely nervous about my PP's for next year.

My wife and I donated $100 figured what the hell. We already donate in the low four figures but at least someone's trying to do something. And if it doesn't work so what all the money goes to RU so it can only help. We get those donation figures up is the worst outcome. Don't understand why people are against this really. It's not like Flood's doing that well. Actually he's taking us down a dark road.

That is not an unreasonable position. That being said, if you donate $50 you are only out 0.5 PP's for 2016 (and 0.05 points in perpetuity), so not huge deal IMHO.

As someone that barely made it in to Blue Lot this year, I am definitely nervous about my PP's for next year.
I think it'll be a lot easier. Last year we had a ton of opportunities for bonus points such as paying before 12/31 and buying student bowl tickets / donating to the military. Additionally, some people won't renew their tickets, and some will scrap parking because they think they won't get the lot they won't and/or cheaper to buy through the secondary market.

Doubt you do that and sure I could be wrong. I just don't think a person who donates to the Big Ten Build fund won't or can't donate let's say 10 measly bucks to this fund. This go fund me is awesome it's exciting it's made up if people sick and tired of the end product. We all are sick of hearing about no money including you. So yeah bud keep donating to that one. Hear you can have a voice like the rest of us little people uniting to make a difference I doubt you donate anything at all.

Chris -- Awesome? No. Awesome is seeing your name and your wife's name on the ribbon board at halftime because you give enough each year to a fund that helps qALL Rutgers athletes and programs. Giving $10 to a fund to fire a coach is mean-spirited and petty.

So, listen, big man. If you'd like to step outside and agree to write a check to your hate fund that equals what my wife and I give to the Big Ten Champions Fund, then maybe I'll match the $10 that has made your little life so much more meaningful. Otherwise, don't talk crap about who I am or how much I bleed for RU.

Reactions: Mike from MD
Let's predict the final score -- I'll go with 225 donors for $10,069. But hey, I'm good with anything that raises money for RU. How will you guys be listed on the ribbon screens at halftime of the 2016 games? I don't think that Fellowship of the Miserable will fit.

I'll keep sending my checks to the Big Ten Champions Fund, but thank you for asking.

Big donor here guys..watch out we should bow down to him and kiss his feet. Your money is obviously being wasted..you should be upset with what the school is doing with it.

Reactions: keav8447
For me, it has nothing to do with hating on Flood. I dont think we can win long term with below avg recruiting running a pro style offense. Im just trying to provide the university the funds to allow us to be successful. If that means replacing Flood, fine. But we shouldn't avoid making moves just because we dont have the funds to do what is best for the program.

Do you get priority points for donating here since it goes to the Foundation?

If not why donate here when you can donate directly and get the priority points needed for seating parking and Bowl tickets.
because it doesn't send a message the way this does.

Some funny stuff going on over at that gofundme site. I got a laugh out of it. The rhetoric is quite hilarious.

Nickel and dimeing i see.... This is about coverage.This is about change. Where else can you see a group of a few hundred people elicit a response from the HC and get media coverage? At the worst case rutgers gets a few thousand from this, at the best case somebody listens and says enough is enough.

Let the people speak.

Reactions: lighty
Please donate all this money to the bELieve Fund !

thanks.

You do realize that the gofundme page has already been set up to donate the money to Rutgers University. Neither the guy who set up the page, nor 5he gofundme website can change it now to redirect the money to a different charity.

If you want money from gofundme to go to Team LeGrand of the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, you would need to set up a different gofundme page.

Reactions: Block R
Nickel and dimeing i see.... This is about coverage.This is about change. Where else can you see a group of a few hundred people elicit a response from thDonee HC and get media coverage? At the worst case rutgers gets a few thousand from this, at the best case somebody listens and says enough is enough.

Let the people speak.
Before I sign off tonight - other things to do - just want to say Thanks ! You have created a means for little
folks to be heard. Well Done, Sir !

Reactions: zazoo2002 and theRU
Honestly, Flood's comments about the campaign prove absolutely everything this statement is about.

Rather than taking it at all seriously, at least on the level that 'wow people are mad', he dismissed it and truly proved his stubbornness.

THEN, his enormous ego presented in how he truly believes he has immunity. Literally flaunting his protection.

A great coach would have gone out and said, "You know what? Fans deserve to be mad, because we're not playing good football. But, I promise them, I'm going to try every single new thing I can, and work that much harder, to try and right the ship. Next week, we're going to try new things and we're going to become a better football team."

But no, HE MOCKS US. Nice guy, my a$$!

Dumbest millionaire in NJ

Last edited:
tj14685_022113_180715_712083.jpg

honestly, Flood's comments about the campaign prove absolutely everything this statement is about.

rather than taking it at all seriously, at least on the level that 'wow people are mad', he dismissed it and truly proved his stubbornness.

THEN, his enormous ego presented in how he truly believes he has immunity. literally flaunting his protection.

A great coach would have gone out and said, "you know what, fans deserve to be mad because we're not playing good football. but I promise them, I'm going to try every single new thing i can, and work that much harder, to try and right the ship. Next week, we're going to try new things and we're going to become a better football team."

but no, HE MOCKS US. nice guy, my a$$!

dumbest millionaire in NJ

Reactions: rutgers4life11
Chris -- Awesome? No. Awesome is seeing your name and your wife's name on the ribbon board at halftime because you give enough each year to a fund that helps qALL Rutgers athletes and programs. Giving $10 to a fund to fire a coach is mean-spirited and petty.

So, listen, big man. If you'd like to step outside and agree to write a check to your hate fund that equals what my wife and I give to the Big Ten Champions Fund, then maybe I'll match the $10 that has made your little life so much more meaningful. Otherwise, don't talk crap about who I am or how much I bleed for RU.

Petty? Says the guy who only donates to see his name on the ribbon board? Hmmm...

honestly, Flood's comments about the campaign prove absolutely everything this statement is about.

rather than taking it at all seriously, at least on the level that 'wow people are mad', he dismissed it and truly proved his stubbornness.

THEN, his enormous ego presented in how he truly believes he has immunity. literally flaunting his protection.

A great coach would have gone out and said, "you know what, fans deserve to be mad because we're not playing good football. but I promise them, I'm going to try every single new thing i can, and work that much harder, to try and right the ship. Next week, we're going to try new things and we're going to become a better football team."

but no, HE MOCKS US. nice guy, my a$$!

dumbest millionaire in NJ
Condescending was my first thought, it's clear that Fludd doesn't give a sh!t about fans that don't support him, he is all in for anyone that will help him continue collecting paychecks though.

He didn't even have to get as elaborate as you suggested, he could have simply said, "I understand the fanbase is frustrated, we are too. I promise you this team and this staff is working as hard as we can to win games and make this program one we can all be proud of ".

Instead he basically said, you're stuck with me so deal with it. I can't wait to listen to his farewell press conference.

100 donors and over $5,000 by tomorrow would be a great milestone.

ha, one of my faves so far, has been the kid who allocated his $1 allowance.

i was hoping to crack 5000 tonight...looks like it won't happen

maybe there is a big donor lurking out there that can get us there.

I just donated $100 - easy call for me, since I donate to the RU Foundation annually anyway, and an extra $100 is largely symbolic, which is what this whole thing is about. Oddly, it showed me as anonymous with no comment, but I had put in my username and the comment, "It's Time." I'm also assuming, since this is the RU Foundation, that this can be matched by my company.

I'm also assuming, since this is the RU Foundation, that this can be matched by my company.

Excellent point, RU#'s. -Didn't think of the matching company donation aspect of it. That could definitely be a big plus in terms of the overall dollar amount if that can come into play.

I just donated $100 - easy call for me, since I donate to the RU Foundation annually anyway, and an extra $100 is largely symbolic, which is what this whole thing is about. Oddly, it showed me as anonymous with no comment, but I had put in my username and the comment, "It's Time." I'm also assuming, since this is the RU Foundation, that this can be matched by my company.
you are right, it is symbolic. But would be very nice if we could get 30000 people to part with 50 bucks. That would be a statement.

Excellent point, RU#'s. -Didn't think of the matching company donation aspect of it. That could definitely be a big plus in terms of the overall dollar amount if that can come into play.
how would that work? Would they donate into the gofund me?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT