ADVERTISEMENT

https://www.gofundme.com/FireFlood

i love how you make it seem like im trying to get a day laborer fired.... I'm firing a guy getting millions, a guy who wasn't good enough to be our OL coach alone yet fell into a D1 football HC position, a guy who is not a very good coach, and a guy who put the integrity of the program in jeopardy when his whole pitch was based on integrity. SO please spare me the line, him and his family got way more than they deserved based on his qualifications.

Who was the O Line coach who coached the line that opened the holes for Rice and Leonard?

Once again, why not put your name on the movement, and tell the coach personally?

Again, to reach fans outside this forum, all you need to do is make flyers and pass them out before and after Saturday's game. You know where the wealthiest fans park. Target them first.

Who was the O Line coach who coached the line that opened the holes for Rice and Leonard?

Once again, why not put your name on the movement, and tell the coach personally?
I'll be glad to tell the coach in person that i think he is clueless and he deserves to be fired.

please start a competitive campaign in his support. We welcome the competition. This is about Rutgers and its approach to athletics. Anything that gives them more money is great in my book.

I'll be glad to tell the coach in person that i think he is clueless and he deserves to be fired.

please start a competitive campaign in his support. We welcome the competition. This is about Rutgers and its approach to athletics. Anything that gives them more money is great in my book.

So I guess you will be at the radio show Wednesday and prepared to tell him that he is clueless, deserves to be fired, and that you started a go fund me movement to make it happen?

So I guess you will be at the radio show Wednesday and prepared to tell him that he is clueless, deserves to be fired, and that you started a go fund me movement to make it happen?
Who was the guy who got demoted? Who was the guy who had his Oline talent evaluation removed from his area of responsibility? Who was the one who coached the Oline that gave up the record number of NCAA sacks?

Can i skype in? I'm not flying out there not to be heard. Please set up a call. I will gladly talk to him and let him know how we feel.

$3,252 by 54 donors. Taking out Blitz' donation, that is about $42/donor. This is going nowhere. Those that complain the loudest will give or do the least to effect change. Nice try, but I will be very surprised if you hit $25,000, let alone $10,000.

For those that want change, here is a more effective suggestion. E-mail or call your ticket rep, or Lucy Cruz or Elizabeth McAuliffe, or Sarah Baumgartner, or Julie herself, and tell them that until there is change, there will be no further donations to Rutgers athletics. That is assuming you give anything and are even on their radar screen.

Wonder if there are 1,000 or so donors who give in the $3,000 to $5,000 range beyond their seat donation that feel the same way as the 53 people who gave $42 on average.

says the guy who has been defending Flood all season.

what is happening here is simply amazing. fans are coming together and making their voice heard, but nice try

Fire Flood
la-0311-pin01.jpg

Last edited:
Where is RUBob72 in all of this to voice his displeasure? Funny - one of Dud's biggest supporters, shooting people down up until the day before the Wisconsin game for saying ANYTHING even remotely negative about Dud - has completely disappeared the past 10 days. I thought for sure he'd partake in THIS thread lol!

(** hopefully Bob is okay and I'm not busting on someone in the hospital or anything like that...)

Reactions: RU5781
I'm wondering if "GoRutgersGo" is "RUBob72 ," by far-and-away one of the biggest voices still supporting Flood recently, while shooting down those who think he's a bumbling clown of head coach, but has (not-so-surprisingly) not been heard from the past 10 days or so. Shocker!

(** hopefully Bob is okay and I'm not busting on someone in the hospital or anything like that...)

Not bob and not saying I support flood just think that if someones going to do this they should not be afraid to put their name on it and tell the coach.

$3,252 by 54 donors. Taking out Blitz' donation, that is about $42/donor. This is going nowhere. Those that complain the loudest will give or do the least to effect change. Nice try, but I will be very surprised if you hit $25,000, let alone $10,000.

For those that want change, here is a more effective suggestion. E-mail or call your ticket rep, or Lucy Cruz or Elizabeth McAuliffe, or Sarah Baumgartner, or Julie herself, and tell them that until there is change, there will be no further donations to Rutgers athletics. That is assuming you give anything and are even on their radar screen.

Wonder if there are 1,000 or so donors who give in the $3,000 to $5,000 range beyond their seat donation that feel the same way as the 53 people who gave $42 on average.
Can't wait for you to defend Flood again this week like every week. You have the same mentality as a math teach. Pathetic

Amazing that the SL writes an article every chance they get to try get Flood fired, and then the fans set up a Go Fund Me and they are deleting comments about it from their website. So, I've come to the conclusion that the SL doesn't hate Rutgers, they hate ScarletNation !

Amazing that the SL writes an article every chance they get to try get Flood fired, and then the fans set up a Go Fund Me and they are deleting comments about it from their website. So, I've come to the conclusion that the SL doesn't hate Rutgers, they hate ScarletNation !
They're doing us a favor. We should be thankful the larger media isn't publicizing the fact that we can't even raise $4k for this. The jokes will be non-stop.

Awesome !

"When asked about the Go Fund Me, Flood says he'll be happy to recommend a charity for the money raised because he plans to be back next year. "

Where is RUBob72 in all of this to voice his displeasure? Funny - one of Dud's biggest supporters, shooting people down up until the day before the Wisconsin game for saying ANYTHING even remotely negative about Dud - has completely disappeared the past 10 days. I thought for sure he'd partake in THIS thread lol!

Bob's fine, he does the same sh#t every week. Wed thru Sat he talks out of is ass. Sunday thru Tuesday he disappears with his tail between his legs.

They're doing us a favor. We should be thankful the larger media isn't publicizing the fact that we can't even raise $4k for this. The jokes will be non-stop.

Other big time schools would probly have a couple hundred K raised by now through a GoFund Me.

Reactions: RUKeystone
Dan Duggan did this campaign a huge favor. I see a few people tweeted him about it, and he posted a direct link from his latest NJ.com story to the gofundme campaign page. Hopefully this helps it spread around. I'd encourage you all to tweet to other media outlets.

Edit: I mean Keith Sargeant. Sorry, I saw Duggan tweet a link to the story, assumed it was his without paying attention.

Last edited:
Other big time schools would probly have a couple hundred K raised by now through a GoFund Me.
This is so true we suck at this. The bulk of the round table is offended by this effort to raise funds. Most of those guys have ignored it completely and probably been all over John to erase it all. I will say it until proven wrong we are the cheapest fan base / Alumni in this country. We are dead last in the entire conference in fund raising and the premium board has a bunch of cheap guys.

So your man enough to try to start a grassroots movement to get a man with a wife and kids fired from his job, but not man enough to put your name to it?
I think you should go to the radio show wednesday and try to gather support, and then either go to the microphone and tell the coach your the one starting the movement, or tell him face to face.
The funny thing is you offered your 'insight' under an anonymous name on a message board, lol

Donated before, and again to push us up to 4k.
With a nod, to my favorite thread ever - Al's Tim Pernetti is a Handsome Man...
(no points off for spelling, one hopes...)

avg donations just over 50 bucks right now due to some generous donations.

We need 300000 to donate 5 bucks, i think this is manageable.
we need more volume...strength in numbers... Every single dollar counts.

300000 donors of 5 bucks is a statement
300,000 donors? I can't believe a human being can be this stupid and classless. What a bloviator.

300,000 donors? I can't believe a human being can be this stupid and classless. What a bloviator.

Why does a guy who has never accomplished anything but get his hands on his wife's checkbook have class and vision, but a grassroots movement is classless?

Elmer is here because a single guy guaranteed his contract.

Somehow that guy is a white knight and lifelong fans of the program are classless.

I really need the logic explained to me.

I can never understand how anyone can think this is classless. We are raising money for change and to raise awareness for the need for it.

There are so many complaints about the current coaching staff and a desire for change yet so few people are actually contributing to change. A change would make the quality of gameday better (it would increase the value of investing in season tickets). It would make the perception of the program better and ultimately it would make the university better.

To me, it is a no brainer. At the very least it will raise awareness for the need and desire for change from RU Athletics' most important constituents, the fanbase.

I hacked in and withdrew $2,000. I'm buying great bourbon, craft IPA beer and maybe some Thai weed and an 8 ball for the Nebraska game (sounds like 1975, right ? ).

Will spend the balance at the Pinstripe Bowl vs Pitt.

Thanks guys !

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
I do think, as some posters have said, that the number of contributors is more important here - than the amount raised. Please, folks - vote with a single buck.

To the team/Flood haters :Go F yourself.

To the true RU fans : SUPPORT THE TEAM !

Abro - don't know if response is directed at me...
But, have been supporting team since 10 years old - 54 years.
Don't choose to F myself - wouldn't know how to, in any case - but, if you have personal expertise, I'd defer.

To the team/Flood haters :Go F yourself.

To the true RU fans : SUPPORT THE TEAM !

"Go "F yourself"

Really? So if someone wants Flood gone they are "team haters" and do not support the team...?

FWIW, all the money in the gofundme goes to the Rutgers University Foundation. Every penny. That is the definition of supporting the team (and school),

says the guy who has been defending Flood all season.

what is happening here is simply amazing. fans are coming together and making their voice heard, but nice try

First I'm PO'd you're using my avatar[laughing]

It's nice that people care enough to want to do something even if most reasonable people would believe it'll go nowhere.

Even with an average donation of $50 you need 30,000 individuals to fork over the money. If RU had that loyal or caring a fan base, they wouldn't have the problems in the first place.

No matter my personal feelings about KF, I won't participate is something where the sole objective is to get someone fired. I don't care who it is, it just rubs me the wrong way. I'll continue to donate to Football and the Athletic Dept in general, all the while hoping the administration does what's best despite volumes of evidence to the contrary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT