ADVERTISEMENT

https://www.gofundme.com/FireFlood

Are you people retarded? And I never use that word in a public setting. But I'm sorta at a loss here...

The point is not to raise the money. The point is to demonstrate a critical mass of disgust, and in the meantime, whatever money is raised goes to Rutgers. I'm sure the OP used the $1.5MM as the fundraising goal to help prove the point.

Please contribute this money to Eric's bELieve fund .

thank you.

Wait...are you against people donating to the Rutgers University Foundation? Because that is where all this money is going (regardless of whether they hit their target or not and regardless of whether Flood is fired or not).

Thanks ! You're a good fan !

1399352312000-USP-NCAA-Football-Eastern-Michigan-at-Rutgers.jpg

Put the effort in a position to have to say no to a suggestion to give the money to EL.

Talk about class...

Why? that has nothing to do with RU. The point is to raise money for RU (which is sorely needed) while generating awareness for making a change in the FB program. Your suggestion does not benefit any of this.

It's an idiotic attempt to get people who support this to go on the record as saying they would rather it go here than to EL.

Let's predict the final score -- I'll go with 225 donors for $10,069. But hey, I'm good with anything that raises money for RU. How will you guys be listed on the ribbon screens at halftime of the 2016 games? I don't think that Fellowship of the Miserable will fit.

I'll keep sending my checks to the Big Ten Champions Fund, but thank you for asking.

Abro, I get it - you don't think HCKF should be terminated - your opinion,fine. But, to deflect and demagogue Re: Eric , is really a position you should re-think. The RU community has and will always be in EL's corner, thoughts, prayers. and support.
Think, if you will, is it proper to use EL as a tactic ?​

Reactions: RUchip
My focus is only on Nebraska. The players who have worked their butt's off need our support at the Stadium and elsewhere to Win this Winnable game. I hope everyone at the Stadium screams like crazy and helps a little for our players to WIN this game.

Abro, I get it - you don't think HCKF should be terminated - your opinion,fine. But, to deflect and demagogue Re: Eric , is really a position you should re-think. The RU community has and will always be in EL's corner, thoughts, prayers. and support.
Think, if you will, is it proper to use EL as a tactic ?​
I

My focus is only on Nebraska. The players who have worked their butt's off need our support at the Stadium and elsewhere to Win this Winnable game. I hope everyone at the Stadium screams like crazy and helps a little for our players to WIN this game.

I will be there and do my best to be enthusiastic. I just hope we can snap the ball successfully on our first play from scrimmage this time.

This whole thing seems pretty lame. Whatever the point is (raise $$, show disgust, etc) it's pretty pitiful. At 4k from 79 people right now. You guys just bought the football team a few steak sandwiches or maybe some fresh paint for facilities. The folks on this board think they have some sort of influence but honestly it's laughable. The folks with big time money matter and from the results so far, it sure doesn't look like they are on this board. And for the record, Flood should get canned at this point. I guess the point is, it sure doesn't seem like the folks with big time money nor the adminstration feels the same way. Maybe it's just me, but I'm as embarrassed by the go fund me results as I am with our play on the field. Whatever.

This whole thing seems pretty lame. Whatever the point is (raise $$, show disgust, etc) it's pretty pitiful. At 4k from 79 people right now. You guys just bought the football team a few steak sandwiches or maybe some fresh paint for facilities. The folks on this board think they have some sort of influence but honestly it's laughable. The folks with big time money matter and from the results so far, it sure doesn't look like they are on this board. And for the record, Flood should get canned at this point. I guess the point is, it sure doesn't seem like the folks with big time money nor the adminstration feels the same way. Maybe it's just me, but I'm as embarrassed by the go fund me results as I am with our play on the field. Whatever.

We are making news and are now in the ear of school admin.

How about you donate or go back to sitting on your hands?

Do you get priority points for donating here since it goes to the Foundation?

If not why donate here when you can donate directly and get the priority points needed for seating parking and Bowl tickets.

Let's predict the final score -- I'll go with 225 donors for $10,069. But hey, I'm good with anything that raises money for RU. How will you guys be listed on the ribbon screens at halftime of the 2016 games? I don't think that Fellowship of the Miserable will fit.

I'll keep sending my checks to the Big Ten Champions Fund, but thank you for asking.
Doubt you do that and sure I could be wrong. I just don't think a person who donates to the Big Ten Build fund won't or can't donate let's say 10 measly bucks to this fund. This go fund me is awesome it's exciting it's made up if people sick and tired of the end product. We all are sick of hearing about no money including you. So yeah bud keep donating to that one. Hear you can have a voice like the rest of us little people uniting to make a difference I doubt you donate anything at all.

We are making news and are now in the ear of school admin.

How about you donate or go back to sitting on your hands?

I donate enough to the university thanks and I will continue to renew my five tickets no matter who the coach is. Two weeks ago the theme here was "give up your tickets, stopping all donations."Now some guy comes up with a go fund me page and everyone gets a mini boner and says "donate more.". What will next week bring?!

Honestly if you think 4k or let's say to gets up to 20k will get someone's attention in administration you may need your head examined. And an article by Sergeant won't change things either unfortunately. Whatever, everyone's entitled to their opinion and this just seems silly to me.

Last edited:
1. This goes to the school directly, you can see that the RU foundation is listed and is a certified charity
2. This is legit and tax deductible

https://www.gofundme.com/FireFlood

We all complain that Barchi doesnt listen so here is your chance! Make your statement...it will be heard....Or forever hold your peace...

Be sure to like and share on FB. Post to twitter.

If not why donate here when you can donate directly and get the priority points needed for seating parking and Bowl tickets.

Donate $1 then. The amount is not important. The attention it receives for needed/desired change is.

From a purely self-interested POV, it is far better to donate directly to Rutgers (either via the R Fund or the Rutgers University Foundation). You will NOT get Priority Points for donating here.

The only upside to donating to this campaign is that if you think Flood should be removed this is probably the only way a "little guy" can get his voice heard. If you are donating 5 figures or 6 figures, you can probably talk directly to Julie.

From a purely self-interested POV, it is far better to donate directly to Rutgers (either via the R Fund or the Rutgers University Foundation). You will NOT get Priority Points for donating here.

The only upside to donating to this campaign is that if you think Flood should be removed this is probably the only way a "little guy" can get his voice heard. If you are donating 5 figures or 6 figures, you can probably talk directly to Julie.

If I choose to donate it would be direct to Rutgers to get priority points and the benefits.

The small amount of money here makes us look silly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT