ADVERTISEMENT

https://www.gofundme.com/FireFlood

hope you are right....the other thing is it keeps asking me to link this to my FB account so that it can be listed publicly....but if i do that I can no longer be anonymous. I prefer not to have my name out there. This is about the fan base.

Just spitballing here, but how about making a dummy facebook account. Henry Rutger?

Then you can keep your anonymity, which I think all of us can appreciate with you putting yourself out there, but it can be publicly listed. I think the public listing will let it be crawled by search engines, which might help big time.

Reactions: KJ_RU
Over $3000 in less than 10 hours is pretty damn good. I think if we managed to get to 10K, maybe it would send a message to the donors with the real dough. All it takes it 1-2 people with deep pockets to step up as John has mentioned.

Reactions: rutgers4life11
do what you want, i think getting more money in this fund will have more impact.

I think you're right. The gofundme info could be on the banner, directing fans to go there and donate. But I don't think there will be very many in the stadium for the Maryland game to see it (just a hunch).

JMU fans did this for their homecoming game this season. Fans want to go FBS but admin resists. The fans set up a website (JMU2FBS.com) where fans make pledges. They flew a plane with the JMU2FBS.com URL on it, and got a lot of local media coverage. Seemed effective for getting the word out.

image.jpg

$3,252 by 54 donors. Taking out Blitz' donation, that is about $42/donor. This is going nowhere. Those that complain the loudest will give or do the least to effect change. Nice try, but I will be very surprised if you hit $25,000, let alone $10,000.

For those that want change, here is a more effective suggestion. E-mail or call your ticket rep, or Lucy Cruz or Elizabeth McAuliffe, or Sarah Baumgartner, or Julie herself, and tell them that until there is change, there will be no further donations to Rutgers athletics. That is assuming you give anything and are even on their radar screen.

Wonder if there are 1,000 or so donors who give in the $3,000 to $5,000 range beyond their seat donation that feel the same way as the 53 people who gave $42 on average.

It gets to $10k if SL picks up the story.

Combined with how many will probably not renew, that's enough to send a message.

Wonder if there are 1,000 or so donors who give in the $3,000 to $5,000 range beyond their seat donation that feel the same way as the 53 people who gave $42 on average.
I'm in that range and am trying to think what's the best thing to do with my money.

I'm in that range and am trying to think what's the best thing to do with my money.
Me too. Wonder if Development got enough calls from folks in that range that there will be no more donations until there is a change at head coach, that would cause a stir. For reasons completely unrelated to the football team's performance, I might not be giving anything beyond my seat donation next year, and I do not want to play that card.
1,000 times 3,000-5,000 is $3-5 Million. That is money that talks.

$3,252 by 54 donors. Taking out Blitz' donation, that is about $42/donor. This is going nowhere. Those that complain the loudest will give or do the least to effect change. Nice try, but I will be very surprised if you hit $25,000, let alone $10,000.

For those that want change, here is a more effective suggestion. E-mail or call your ticket rep, or Lucy Cruz or Elizabeth McAuliffe, or Sarah Baumgartner, or Julie herself, and tell them that until there is change, there will be no further donations to Rutgers athletics. That is assuming you give anything and are even on their radar screen.

Boohoo. Let's Break the Internet!

Just donate guys we need to do this don't be one of the complainers that just blah blah blah blah week after week but do nothing. This is our chance to make our statement and be heard by the administration. Be part of the solution spread the word we need people behind this cause. You went to Rutgers youbare doing well financially. So step up or step off. GO RU

I want flood gone just as much as others do. I just don't think the gofundme route is the best option. It could completely backfire if not enoug money is raised and makes us look bad in many ways.
I have a min donation of $2500 for my seats and I don't 3-4 times that all to athletics alone. I am contemplating what to do with that additional money which does have benefits(write off) that this cause does not.

We just need a change and it's not just flood. We need to remove Barchi

we need more volume...strength in numbers... Every single dollar counts.

300000 donors of 5 bucks is a statement

I want flood gone just as much as others do. I just don't think the gofundme route is the best option. It could completely backfire if not enoug money is raised and makes us look bad in many ways.
I have a min donation of $2500 for my seats and I don't 3-4 times that all to athletics alone. I am contemplating what to do with that additional money which does have benefits(write off) that this cause does not.

We just need a change and it's not just flood. We need to remove Barchi
This has texible benefits. You are not donating to gofundme. You are donating to he school foundation.

we need more volume...strength in numbers... Every single dollar counts.

300000 donors of 5 bucks is a statement
Yes, unless we really think we're going to hit a huge number (we're not), the number of donators is more important.

If you were going to donate to RU anyway, and you want to send a message about removing Flood, without booing at the game or skipping the games altogether or whatever, do this. It goes to RU regardless and is tax deductible.

Yes, unless we really think we're going to hit a huge number (we're not), the number of donators is more important.

If you were going to donate to RU anyway, and you want to send a message about removing Flood, without booing at the game or skipping the games altogether or whatever, do this. It goes to RU regardless and is tax deductible.

Exactly...not to say that the huge donations aren't helpful, they are! and Thank you!

I'm of mixed opinion about this campaign.

My concerns are:
  • I don't think this campaign will raise enough to make a difference.
  • The gofundme website takes a significant portion of each donation (about 10%). For those making large donations, they'd get more money to Rutgers if they donate directly (plus they'd earn priority points).
  • I think it is more effective for Hermann and Barchi to receive letters with donations directly from fans.
But the positives are:
  • This is an easy way for people to donate. And the crowdfunding aspect allows this to go viral, and bring in many people who would be unlikely to make their voices heard through direct communications with Rutgers.
  • There is nothing that prevents someone from donating on this site and also writing to Hermann and Barchi.
  • Any success of this campaign helps reinforce the importance of individual fans who buy tickets even if they don't make large donations.
So even though I will make my voice heard through direct communications, I support those taking this route.

Reactions: 50 yd line RR
Ok, I donated, but time to get real. 300,000 people donate? There are a total of 470,000 alumni

http://www.rutgers.edu/about/facts-figures

Half of whom probably don't even know we have a team. Let's go to a more relevant number 35,000. That is the approximate number of season ticket holders. Start doing the math from that point.....but realize the 35,000 season tickets come from about 10-15,000 purchasers.

Absent some big pissed of donor. Even at that there is no equirement on this that RU use the money to buy him out is there. In fact extraction this miney from the genral fund would likely wreak havoc...

But I do like the idea.

I'm of mixed opinion about this campaign.

My concerns are:
  • I don't think this campaign will raise enough to make a difference.
  • The gofundme website takes a significant portion of each donation (about 10%), so those making large donations, they'd get more money to Rutgers if they donate directly (plus they'd earn priority points).
  • I think it is more effective for Hermann and Barchi to receive letters with donations directly from fans.
So even though I will make my voice heard through direct communications, I support those taking this route.

Its basically an 8% processing fee. The main thing is that this allows us smaller guys who donate less than 10k in a shot a voice by banding together.

Think of it as a monthly payment and everyone put in installments each month over the next 90

Don't forget we do have fans that arent alumni... we just need people to spare 5 bucks

Maybe reach out to the other big ten schools fan base lol. Still with 35k in season tickets...not many beyond that group will care enough.

Waiting for Politi to donate...or someone using his name.....oh somebody already did that too funny

Last edited:
hope you are right....the other thing is it keeps asking me to link this to my FB account so that it can be listed publicly....but if i do that I can no longer be anonymous. I prefer not to have my name out there. This is about the fan base.

So your man enough to try to start a grassroots movement to get a man with a wife and kids fired from his job, but not man enough to put your name to it?
I think you should go to the radio show wednesday and try to gather support, and then either go to the microphone and tell the coach your the one starting the movement, or tell him face to face.

So your man enough to try to start a grassroots movement to get a man with a wife and kids fired from his job, but not man enough to put your name to it?
I think you should go to the radio show wednesday and try to gather support, and then either go to the microphone and tell the coach your the one starting the movement, or tell him face to face.
Why is it necessary to tell it to his face. Flood deserves to be fired. He is a horrible football coach.

i love how you make it seem like im trying to get a day laborer fired.... I'm firing a guy getting millions, a guy who wasn't good enough to be our OL coach alone yet fell into a D1 football HC position, a guy who is not a very good coach, and a guy who put the integrity of the program in jeopardy when his whole pitch was based on integrity. SO please spare me the line, him and his family got way more than they deserved based on his qualifications.

Last edited:

Kyle is that you? Shouldn't you be breaking down film?

You're panties are getting bunched over a GoFundMe campaign which regardless of Elmer's job will go to the University?

If we were in the SEC, we'd be burning him in effigy on his front lawn.

Duke students burned Coach K in effigy...DUKE...COACH K.

This guy should wear a ski mask every 1st and 15th of the month when he collects his paycheck

Start a go fund me in his support... i'm all for it. Lets see who wins. As long as RU gets the money i'm happy.

I think Flood has done enough by himself to get fired.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT