ADVERTISEMENT

https://www.gofundme.com/FireFlood

You might be able to raise a few bucks this way but it will be no where near enough to make any difference. The University knows the position of the fan base, and now you are are giving them unconditional donations. And not even getting yourselves priority points in the process. You don't have 1.4 million people behind this. If you come up with $10,000, I'll be very impressed with the effort. I'm a moderator because I look out for the well being of scarletnation.com. sometimes that means not waging open war with the football dept whom grants access to the program which is what many of you guys pay for. I don't care who the coach is or how I feel about a coaching change. This thread is in the worst intereat of the site, which is a private business. I anticipate there will be consequences for SN because of this thread, and no benefit.

I think everyone knows we won't raise the $1.4 million. It's the principal, and it shows the University that there are a lot of people that care about the program.
The money still will go to great use no matter what.

You might be able to raise a few bucks this way but it will be no where near enough to make any difference. The University knows the position of the fan base, and now you are are giving them unconditional donations. And not even getting yourselves priority points in the process. You don't have 1.4 million people behind this. If you come up with $10,000, I'll be very impressed with the effort. I'm a moderator because I look out for the well being of scarletnation.com. sometimes that means not waging open war with the football dept whom grants access to the program which is what many of you guys pay for. I don't care who the coach is or how I feel about a coaching change. This thread is in the worst intereat of the site, which is a private business. I anticipate there will be consequences for SN because of this thread, and no benefit.
That makes no sense at all.

Partiality has noting to do with it. This thread is a direct action against the football dept, which I feel is inappropriate and not a good business decision.

As I posted on Premium...
Other than the VERY FEW Floodies in the AD (I can probably count on JPP's hand), no one from the department is going to get pissed at this.

I think everyone knows we won't raise the $1.4 million. It's the principal, and it shows the University that there are a lot of people that care about the program.
The money still will go to great use no matter what.

yes%20exactly_zpsecy403jr.gif

Reactions: rutgers4life11
Partiality has noting to do with it. This thread is a direct action against the football dept, which I feel is inappropriate and not a good business decision.
...for ScarletNation. Like I said, I can respect that.

i call bs on this. The fans matter, and Barchi must think he can get away with apathy towards the program. If we can galvanize enough people to vote with 1$ it will show them how much we care. The RU athletic department will be thanking us if we can turn this into a movement.

Rutgers football has no clout. They need SN more than we need them.
Not granting access would be foolish on their part...

if this drive picks up steam with enough fans then it's a fanbase movement. if someone in the AD doesn't like such a movement and their forum so much that they retaliate, then that person should be removed from the office.

Whoa! Take THAT, Jeff Towers!
Fans of the this team put up 2700 bucks in 4 hours because they care a
i submit it is a very good business decision. I am a season ticket holder in 124 for 21 years. With my 5 tickets, 'donation', seatback/cushion and parking, I pony up about 4 grand a year. As a consumer, I am unsatisfied with the product. What you feel is of no importance is of zero importance to me. And a BAN from this MISERY would be welcome!

Reactions: miketd1
Fans of the this team put up 2700 bucks in 4 hours because they care a

i submit it is a very good business decision. I am a season ticket holder in 124 for 21 years. With my 5 tickets, 'donation', seatback/cushion and parking, I pony up about 4 grand a year. As a consumer, I am unsatisfied with the product. What you feel is of no importance is of zero importance to me. And a BAN from this MISERY would be welcome!

Yea I hear that..

i call bs on this. The fans matter, and Barchi must think he can get away with apathy towards the program. If we can galvanize enough people to vote with 1$ it will show them how much we care. The RU athletic department will be thanking us if we can turn this into a movement.

You will have your chance to find out, since my judgment does not prevail here. I'm on the record here, so I'm going to rest easy.

but asking us to pay with our time and money for an inferior product is?

the truth of the matter is if Flood had shown ANY flexibility, any sign whatsoever that he wasn't the most stubborn football coach in america... this campaign doesn't get launched.

flood only has himself to blame.

You shouldn't be running this website if you think that the Rutgers Athletic Dept. will deny Rivals access because of this. That is a ridiculous line of logic. You can't be that obtuse. If that were the case, the Star-Ledger would have been shut out a long time ago.

additionally, this movement doesn't need to reach some crazy goal, all it has to reach is a tipping point of media conscious. ...and i bet you is nearing it already.

for years people on this board, people have complained that we don't put our money where our mouth is and get the ball rolling to make a change. well, I'll tell you, it's damn exciting to see this rutgers community unite around something, and King High, you should at least support that notion even if you disagree with parts of it

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy
You shouldn't be running this website if you think that the Rutgers Athletic Dept. will deny Rivals access because of this. That is a ridiculous line of logic. You can't be that obtuse. If that were the case, the Star-Ledger would have been shut out a long time ago.
Don't call Kinghigh obtuse- didn't you see the Shawshank Redemption?

Reactions: VW Knight
additionally, this movement doesn't need to reach some crazy goal, all it has to reach is a tipping point of media conscious. ...and i bet you is nearing it already.

for years people on this board, people have complained that we don't put our money where our mouth is and get the ball rolling to make a change. well, I'll tell you, it's damn exciting to see this rutgers community unite around something, and King High, you should at least support that notion even if you disagree with parts of it

Apparently I donated $10 to the fund, so I'm feelin' in.

I hope they pick it up because we are showing how small time we are right now with not even 3000 dollars donated. One thousand came from one awesome dude. On the round table many were just ignoring the thread all together. They were having fun bashing the team and coaches but not putting there money where their big fat moths are.

I agree, thas why I said that that post makes no sense at all.

I agree, thas why I said that that post makes no sense at all.

SL is a newspaper of general circulation serving at least half of the population of NJ. Sn.Com is an online specialty with roughly 1500 subscribers. This access given to this site is not by entitlement. It is because of the relationships maintained by John and some of the writers. Others like, 247sports, are not granted the same access.

Reactions: Cabana Man
I hope they pick it up because we are showing how small time we are right now with not even 3000 dollars donated. One thousand came from one awesome dude. On the round table many were just ignoring the thread all together. They were having fun bashing the team and coaches but not putting there money where their big fat moths are.
How much did your big fat mouth put up?

SL is a newspaper of general circulation serving at least half of the population of NJ. Sn.Com is an online specialty with roughly 1500 subscribers. This access given to this site is not by entitlement. It is because of the relationships maintained by John and some of the writers. Others like, 247sports, are not granted the same access.

Circulating half the population but actually making into into the hands of about .0001%.

Over $3000 and more importantly over 50 backers, in a few short hours, is actually AWESOME. Anyone that doubts that really hasn't done much crowd funding campaigns in the past.

It's early. Let's just keep at it, and let it grow. The most important thing is to try and hit that tipping point. Right now, this is being fueled by a message board alone, which is pretty amazing. It's just starting to pick up steam. I imagine a lot of fans were so disgusted by the game, they didn't even want to be by a computer. ...it's also SATURDAY NIGHT. o_O

But as many posters have already mentioned, this is about making a STATEMENT. And when you do it with money, even if it just ends up being $3000, it means a lot.

Sometimes an AD doesn't need a lot, they just need... "Hey Rob, hate to bother you, but we literally have a gofundme campaign trying to raise money to fire Flood. These guys are planning to get t-shirts printed, make a halftime demonstration, and even talking billboards. We can't handle another media fiasco - I think it's time to pull the plug."

Over $3000 and more importantly over 50 backers, in a few short hours, is actually AWESOME. Anyone that doubts that really hasn't done much crowd funding campaigns in the past.

It's early. Let's just keep at it, and let it grow. The most important thing is to try and hit that tipping point. Right now, this is being fueled by a message board alone, which is pretty amazing. It's just starting to pick up steam. I imagine a lot of fans were so disgusted by the game, they didn't even want to be by a computer. ...it's also SATURDAY NIGHT. o_O

But as many posters have already mentioned, this is about making a STATEMENT. And when you do it with money, even if it just ends up being $3000, it means a lot.

Sometimes an AD doesn't need a lot, they just need... "Hey Rob, hate to bother you, but we literally have a gofundme campaign trying to raise money to fire Flood. These guys are planning to get t-shirts printed, make a halftime demonstration, and even talking billboards. We can't handle another media fiasco - I think it's time to pull the plug."

hope you are right....the other thing is it keeps asking me to link this to my FB account so that it can be listed publicly....but if i do that I can no longer be anonymous. I prefer not to have my name out there. This is about the fan base.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT