ADVERTISEMENT

https://www.gofundme.com/FireFlood

If any school listens to a few 2 bit donators starting a dumba$$ fund then they deserve what they get. I agree with what they are saying and I don't care how much money is raised they should not take it plain & simple. It sets a bad precedent and is a form of extortion and quite frankly schools should in turn seek legal action against the fools that started it. I don't know if this a first but it sure won't be a last

You are a moron. That is all.

Should have recruited better. We are playing in the same division of a team that was down to the 3rd QB and still won the national championship. Want to play with the big boys start recruiting and caoaching like them.

Caroo, Laviani, Hamelton, Retteg....lol

How can we put our money and mass presence to better use? If this exercise has shown us anything it is that when galvanized we can make some significant noise. Enough for the school and media to hear us loud and clear. Enough to sow the seeds of change.

If any school listens to a few 2 bit donators starting a dumba$$ fund then they deserve what they get. I agree with what they are saying and I don't care how much money is raised they should not take it plain & simple. It sets a bad precedent and is a form of extortion and quite frankly schools should in turn seek legal action against the fools that started it. I don't know if this a first but it sure won't be a last

wow, there are SO MANY people here that apparently just don't understand crowdfunding or how it works... Wake up people. This is how money is raised these days. I guess some prefer the "we have 10 donors with a s**t load of cash running the show" as opposed to tons of fans.

You call this extortion? I say having one donor basically force an extension of the coach was extortion.

Having hundreds or thousands of small donations is how Obama got elected the first time. That opened people's eyes to the power of small donations. If Rutgers wants to really start competing, it needs to learn this... fast.

The plane thing will go national.

Why are you and others so damned bound and determined to bring even more bad publicity to RU? You have to know you're not going to change anyone's mind either way.

I can't help but believe you guys are doing this to make yourselves feel better and act like you're doing something important even when you're not.

Wait and see how hard it is for Miami to grab Golden's replacement.
U fans flew fire Golden banners over their stadium , don't think fans wanting their HC fired will
stop HCs taking that coaches position.
Pay and lack of support from the school will stop more coaching candidates from taking the job than fans demanding a HC be replaced

In terms of prestige....Miami is still the U and still a very very high profile job. Is Rutgers a high profile job ??

Not sure what a plane will do.

The administration knows (they better, at least)..that we r angry. We don't need a plane.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
GoFundMe is a fund aggregator. They collect the money and forward it directly to Rutgers. There is no middleman other than your credit card company and GoFundMe.

If Rutgers refuses to accept the money, then GoFundMe has to refund the donors. They cannot redirect the money toward a different purpose because it was collected with the promise that it would be sent to Rutgers. (I don't know if GoFundMe can keep their fee, or if that also has to be refunded.)
In terms of prestige....Miami is still the U and still a very very high profile job. Is Rutgers a high profile job ??

Rutgers can be higher profile than Miami. Our atmosphere is SO MUCH BETTER than Miami's. But fans have to execute and get us a real coach.

Bullshit they took it down.

I wish there was a secure way the fans could donate to a fund that you know for sure is earmarked for a new coach.

I'm not donating to the the B1G Championship fund only to have it pay Flood's salary.

How about a new campaign for "possible extraordinary expenses related to Rutgers Football Coaching position" with funds going again to the Foundation? A witty hashtag like #ChopMediocrity

It's the same concept, but doesn't have the same negative connotations. Let them TRY to shut that one down.

And the media will pick it up & run with it.

Why are you and others so damned bound and determined to bring even more bad publicity to RU? You have to know you're not going to change anyone's mind either way.

I can't help but believe you guys are doing this to make yourselves feel better and act like you're doing something important even when you're not.

LOLOLOL!

You mean like the bad publicity Kyle Flood gave us because of....
  • An academic scandal to start the year, in which he was proven to be unethical.
  • A series of unbelievable arrests over the years, because he shows no discipline.
  • The Javon Tyree & Dave Cohen scandal
  • The year of the decommitments.
  • ... or just the endless blowouts.
No, as a fan base, we're trying to STOP the bad publicity. Sometimes, you have to get your hands dirty to get it done against gridlocked school administration. What's happening here is even worse than the Al Golden situation - we have systemic issues that are getting worse with Flood at the helm.

Reactions: RedSpartan
MADHAT1 said:
Wait and see how hard it is for Miami to grab Golden's replacement.
U fans flew fire Golden banners over their stadium , don't think fans wanting their HC fired will
stop HCs taking that coaches position.
Pay and lack of support from the school will stop more coaching candidates from taking the job than fans demanding a HC be replaced

Rutgers is moving up into a higher profile job than it was when Schiano left and Flood was hired.
But what will keep HC canidates away is the same as before RU joined the B1G:
Money and support!!!
The lowball salary RU offers and the lack of support the school gives its FB program will keep the high profile candidates away.
But B1G membership and fertile recruiting ground will help make the 2nd tier candidates interested.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Rutgers can be higher profile than Miami. Our atmosphere is SO MUCH BETTER than Miami's. But fans have to execute and get us a real coach.

In terms of national attention and the national media, It will take a lot for Rutgers to be considered high profile....when I say a lot, I mean multiple NC's.

Shame it got pulled down. Will be even more interesting to see what they do with Flood now.

Bravo to theRU. Campaign did everything it needed to do. It brought awareness to the right people, and showed RU administration that you better take this stuff seriously. At the same time, it was good that it didn't go too far, and it buys administration some time in this minor crisis to figure out their next step. We know they don't do things well in crisis! Most importantly, if they weren't thinking about firing Flood last Friday... it's certainly coming up in conversations today and dissenting opinions that needed a voice within those rooms got a boost. Maybe Julie needed a little noise. Sometimes in a groupthink bubble nothing happens, unless you shake it hard.

The options from here on out are endless, and a lot of ideas are already being floated about and pursued.
  • There are other crowdfunding sites.
  • We have a user @kyk1827, who has fully offered to fund a flyover if someone in NJ can do it.
  • There's already t-shirts popping up, and I hear undergrads are coming together on their own thing.
  • There's a petition on change.org
  • In one of the threads, some fans are brainstorming coordinated chants.
  • Many posters have suggested doing a dedicated letter, done in a professional manner
I notice that the most apathetic people, who conveniently also happened to support Flood the most, seem to be the most negative about making some noise. No wonder.

If you're really against it that much, offer reasons/ideas - don't attack fellow loyal fans.

If you got an idea, throw it out there. I think there's a way to get attention and still be positive about it. It was a really nice touch that the campaign was going to a charity no matter what. I'm working on something I think could be positive, but sometimes a loud noise is required first to get people to wake up.

Last edited:
"In one of the threads, some fans are brainstorming coordinated chants."

anybody remember the 80s film, Turk 182?

Reactions: rutgers4life11
wow, there are SO MANY people here that apparently just don't understand crowdfunding or how it works... Wake up people. This is how money is raised these days. I guess some prefer the "we have 10 donors with a s**t load of cash running the show" as opposed to tons of fans.

You call this extortion? I say having one donor basically force an extension of the coach was extortion.

Having hundreds or thousands of small donations is how Obama got elected the first time. That opened people's eyes to the power of small donations. If Rutgers wants to really start competing, it needs to learn this... fast.

Righttttt. Maybe if you added 3 0's to the number. You really think raising a whole $7,000 has any effect?

You folks are pissed off and want your pound of flesh. That's fine. What isn't is you've intentionally or unintentionally embarrassed RU and forced them into action. It isn't the action you wanted and maybe it's time to stop the nonsense. You'd probably have just as much luck if you called Barchi and told him you're going to hold you breath till he fires Flood. If you do, please do it lying down. I may not agree but I'd miss a couple of you lol.

agree....I think the powers that be are aware of the situation. Flying banners and planes only embarrass the school. This coming from one of the first guys on here to want Flood gone. There are right ways and there are wrong ways. Some are hellbent on sullying Rutgers name no matter what

Righttttt. Maybe if you added 3 0's to the number. You really think raising a whole $7,000 has any effect?

You folks are pissed off and want your pound of flesh. That's fine. What isn't is you've intentionally or unintentionally embarrassed RU and forced them into action. It isn't the action you wanted and maybe it's time to stop the nonsense. You'd probably have just as much luck if you called Barchi and told him you're going to hold you breath till he fires Flood. If you do, please do it lying down. I may not agree but I'd miss a couple of you lol.

We were closing in on 10k fast and that was after 2 days. You better believe that fund was going to $100k+ if we kept loosing. In fact RU may have shut this down because they were scared how much we could actually raise and their hand would have been forced.

Need to wear your big boy pants to work if you want to make 7 figures a year and coach a P5 team. No different than if you want to be a tech start up titan, venture capitalist or any other big swinging dick. All those dollars mean your customers and clients will worship you if you make them money/win games/fill in the bank and they will leave you at the bus stop in the rain with a one way ticket home if you do not. Just part of playing in the majors.

And if any coach is scared away from a job because he is afraid of delivering results we need to move on to the next candidate. This is an industry for big egos, big swinging dicks and big salaries. All others need not apply.

IMO there are several reasons why the school had to distance itself from the campaign. If they showed support they would be setting a precedent where anyone that was disgruntled with any employee of the university then they can simply start a crowd source and they will be heard whether their complaints are valid or not.

More importantly, if they supported a movement to fire a coach that is under contract, then rest assured that Fludd would sue and demand every cent he is owed and then some. Fludd will claim that the administration undermined him and the fact that they supported the campaign would be proof of that.

To those narrow minded people that say that this campaign was embarrassing, a waste, stupid, etc. are flat out wrong. The goal was to have our voices heard and that was accomplished. The idea that fans are engaged and are willing to give money to a quality product is one that they may not have taken seriously in the past, this campaign may cause them to change their thinking.

When you think about the position the school was put in, it was a no brainer for them to distance themselves but that definitely doesn't mean the campaign failed. In fact it probably accomplished alot more than some people think. The fact that the school distanced itself so quickly tells me that their is a strong possibility that Fluud will be fired and the school wanted to avoid possible legal troubles for openly supporting a fire Fluud campaign while he is still under contract.

Most people like their corporate/administrative overlords control everything for them. See the reaction to Mizzou in the other thread.

Bravo to theRU. Campaign did everything it needed to do. It brought awareness to the right people, and showed RU administration that you better take this stuff seriously

If you got an idea, throw it out there. I think there's a way to get attention and still be positive about it, and I'm working on that, but sometimes you really need to start with a bang to wake people up.

Send a check for one dollar (made out to the replace Flood fund) to
Robert Barchi
C/O: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
83 Somerset Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1281

Lighty...for those of use who might not understand please provide us with an accurate definition of "crowdfunding" and an accountants certified opinion as to tax deductibility for each individual who participated.

The key thing in this entire exercise is that a message got across to the administration which if they are not brain dead should have been well aware of and digested accordingly Bottom line an important point was well made. Now the ball is in Barchi's court. And I hope he is smart enough to read the tea leaves and not hide behind we don't have the money when he routinely pisses away $$$ on unnecessary outside legal fees to cover his sorry a** and inept ability when it comes to athletics.

I wonder what the big donors thought of this campaign. Anyone know?

I was waiting for one of them to plop $100k into it. I bet a few people were feeling uneasy thinking the same thing...

Send a check for one dollar (made out to the replace Flood fund) to
Robert Barchi
C/O: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
83 Somerset Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1281

All we need is Andy Dufresne! He'd write a letter every day until we got our library books!!!

2022243_orig.jpg

IMO there are several reasons why the school had to distance itself from the campaign. If they showed support they would be setting a precedent where anyone that was disgruntled with any employee of the university then they can simply start a crowd source and they will be heard whether their complaints are valid or not.

More importantly, if they supported a movement to fire a coach that is under contract, then rest assured that Fludd would sue and demand every cent he is owed and then some. Fludd will claim that the administration undermined him and the fact that they supported the campaign would be proof of that.

To those narrow minded people that say that this campaign was embarrassing, a waste, stupid, etc. are flat out wrong. The goal was to have our voices heard and that was accomplished. The idea that fans are engaged and are willing to give money to a quality product is one that they may not have taken seriously in the past, this campaign may cause them to change their thinking.

When you think about the position the school was put in, it was a no brainer for them to distance themselves but that definitely doesn't mean the campaign failed. In fact it probably accomplished alot more than some people think. The fact that the school distanced itself so quickly tells me that their is a strong possibility that Fluud will be fired and the school wanted to avoid possible legal troubles for openly supporting a fire Fluud campaign while he is still under contract.

Or accepting monies to go to the firing of a coach they have no intention of firing.

If they accept the monies and then do not fire the coach, what happens to the money?

It is also possible they will not accept money for that purpose which is why the site was shut down.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Or accepting monies to go to the firing of a coach they have no intention of firing.

If they accept the monies and then do not fire the coach, what happens to the money?

It is also possible they will not accept money for that purpose which is why the site was shut down.

The money went to them No strings attached.

Reactions: ruhudsonfan
Bravo to theRU. Campaign did everything it needed to do. It brought awareness to the right people, and showed RU administration that you better take this stuff seriously. At the same time, it didn't go too far, and it buys administration some time in this minor crisis to figure out their next step. Most importantly, if they weren't thinking about firing Flood last Friday... it's certainly coming up in conversations today and dissenting opinions that needed a voice within those rooms got a boost. Maybe Julie needed a little noise. Sometimes in a groupthink bubble nothing happens, unless you shake it hard.

The options from here on out are endless, and a lot of ideas are already being floated about and pursued.
  • There are other crowdfunding sites.
  • We have a user @kyk1827, who has fully offered to fund a flyover if someone in NJ can do it.
  • There's already t-shirts popping up, and I hear undergrads are coming together on their own thing.
  • There's a petition on change.org
  • In one of the threads, some fans are brainstorming coordinated chants.
  • A dedicated letter, done in a professional manner, in which fans can send individually to specific people
I notice that the most apathetic people, who conveniently also happened to support Flood the most, seem to be the most negative about making some noise. No wonder.

If you got an idea, throw it out there. I think there's a way to get attention and still be positive about it, and I'm working on that, but sometimes you really need to start with a bang to wake people up.
We were closing in on 10k fast and that was after 2 days. You better believe that fund was going $100k+ if we kept loosing. In fact RU may have shut this down because they were scared how much we could actually raise and their hand would have been forced.

So much BS, so little time. Two quick points....

1. T shirts and banners don't mean squat. A petition means even less. This isn't Middle School where you're petitioning to eat lunch outside.

2. Anyone who thinks posters are disagreeing with you folks because we're supporting Flood has their head so far up their ass, they could read this by opening their mouths. Most object because you're just bringing more embarrassment and ridicule to the school and program at a time when we all should be doing whatever we can to support them. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fate of Flood or his staff.

So much BS, so little time. Two quick points....

1. T shirts and banners don't mean squat. A petition means even less. This isn't Middle School where you're petitioning to eat lunch outside.

2. Anyone who thinks posters are disagreeing with you folks because we're supporting Flood has their head so far up their ass, they could read this by opening their mouths. Most object because you're just bringing more embarrassment and ridicule to the school and program at a time when we all should be doing whatever we can to support them. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the fate of Flood or his staff.

So logical follow-up, what are you doing then?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT