ADVERTISEMENT

https://www.gofundme.com/FireFlood

Some folks here including the originator of this fund have no clue how tax deductible charitable contributions work or any legal rules therein. You must first be registered as a 501c3 and then be able to have donations from your group be considered tax deductible. Otherwise your contribution has to go directly to an approved group like the Rutgers Foundation and it has clearly and rightly so stated it's position. It's as simple snd as clear as that. It might have been just as effective to have a petition but then folks would have to be identified an accounted for.
http://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/articles/203604684-Is-my-donation-tax-deductible-
Here you go knuckle head. Rutgers is listed in the GOFUNDME database as a certified charity. This donation is tax deductible.

What is your response now?

If any school listens to a few 2 bit donators starting a dumba$$ fund then they deserve what they get. I agree with what they are saying and I don't care how much money is raised they should not take it plain & simple. It sets a bad precedent and is a form of extortion and quite frankly schools should in turn seek legal action against the fools that started it. I don't know if this a first but it sure won't be a last

All of this does exactly that. what is your point? This is 100% legitimate. Are you too lazy to see how the gofundme works or are you just another idiot?

You aren't familiar with 62? You're lucky.
It's the latter by the way.

Reactions: Local Shill
Gofundme is taking down the site. They r refunding everyone's money. What a crock of s**t.

will RU start legal action to stop this fund they consider "inappropriate"?

In this day and age with technology, sending letters and emails is antiquated.

There is a much expeditious way to do things now. This is one.

I agree with the spirit of the campaign. But, the last thing Rutgers Football needs is more negative publicity.

Oh man, this keeps getting better and better. We got absolutely everything we wanted out of that campaign. It was all about awareness and reaching the top guys. Obviously it did.

Now everyone gets their money back, and we can divert it to PHASE 2.

It was fun while it lasted. Glad it rustled feathers @ RU. You're days are numbered coach.

Props to the RU for gathering the troops

Reactions: MADHAT1
Sorry..phone wasn't letting me copy link..but someone provided.

I'm more convinced we need a whole new administration. I'm done with games this season..and it sucks!

Reactions: rubigtimenow
This was a silly thing. Of course, the university had to state that this is not endorsed by Rutgers. Someone not affiliated with Rutgers was collecting money on their behalf.

And any potential coach will say..... " I'll pass on that Rutgers job. I may have a year when I need to start 3 freshmen in the secondary, lose my best DT for the year, best WR for multiple games and I don't want the fans turning on me and starting campaigns to get me fired "..... :boxing:

I think part of the issue is that the money being donated goes to the Foundation under the pretense of it going to fund the firing of the coach.

If Rutgers isn't firing Flood, then the money could not be returned because thats why it was donated in the first place.

Then those that donated will complain they donated to remove the coach and he wasn't removed, and the monies were used elsewhere.

And any potential coach will say..... " I'll pass on that Rutgers job. I may have a year when I need to start 3 freshmen in the secondary, lose my best DT for the year, best WR for multiple games and I don't want the fans turning on me and starting campaigns to get me fired "..... :boxing:
Should have recruited better. We are playing in the same division of a team that was down to the 3rd QB and still won the national championship. Want to play with the big boys start recruiting and caoaching like them.

And any potential coach will say..... " I'll pass on that Rutgers job. I may have a year when I need to start 3 freshmen in the secondary, lose my best DT for the year, best WR for multiple games and I don't want the fans turning on me and starting campaigns to get me fired "
Wait and see how hard it is for Miami to grab Golden's replacement.
U fans flew fire Golden banners over their stadium , don't think fans wanting their HC fired will
stop HCs taking that coaches position.
Pay and lack of support from the school will stop more coaching candidates from taking the job than fans demanding a HC be replaced

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT