ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling MATCH THREAD: Rutgers vs. Princeton - B1G/Ivy Rivalry

Rivera with another takedown to go up 9-1 with short time left in the second

Period ends with Rivera on top, and he will take a 9-1 lead into the third.

Coles going on defense to start the third

Rivera looks to be in a lot of pain. Don’t like the look of that.

Rivera turns Coles for a set of four backs, but Coles reverses Rivera. Rivera escapes then takes Coles down to make it 16-3.

Rutgers leads 21-7 going into 149.

It will be Mike Van Brill taking on Marshell Keller

Rivera did not look good walking to the locker room. Don’t know if that was emotion for what he just pulled off, emotion for pain, or emotion because of where this might be heading.

It doesn't look anything serious. He got a little knee tweaker. Thank God it happened now. They probably won't wrestle him tomorrow and he'll have plenty of time before the big 10s to heal. You got to give it to this kid he is such a tough warrior
I hope so but Rivera didn’t look very happy walking off after that match. He looked like he was in a lot of pain and very concerned.

Van Brill back in on a single, and secures the takedown on the edge to make it 4-1 with just under a minute left in the period

Van Brill manages to ride out Keller the rest of the period, keeping a 4-1 lead.

Van Brill will be on bottom to start the second period

Keller gets a takedown on a re-attack, making it 5-3 with just over a minute left in the period

Van Brill tries a merkel attempt, but Keller reverses him with eight seconds left in the second, making it 7-5

Keller rides out the period, as he trails MVB 7-5.

Keller going on bottom to start the third

Keller escapes to make it 7-6 with 45 seconds left. MVB does have a stall warning against him

Van Brill hit for a second time with stalling, which ties the score. The period ends, however, and Van Brill wins 8-7 with the RT point.

Rutgers up 24 - 7 lead going into the last bout at 157-lbs

Monday is so much faster and stronger than Kanniard. He looks like he belongs in another weight class.

Not sure what happened, but Kanniard is going to injury default out of the match. Guessing they may not have been able to stop the blood?

Rutgers wins 24-13!

Looks like he had a bloody nose. Maybe they think it’s busted?

Post-match Thoughts:
- Heck of a performance for Greg Bulsak, dominating Luke Stout
- Hoping Sebastian Rivera's knee is okay. Despite the injury, his performance was incredible on that hobbled leg
- Dylan Shawver put up a great fight against Glory. Would like to see him carry that kind of aggressiveness into the post season
- Joey Olivieri has a bright career ahead of him. Really fun to watch, and he constantly looks to score points

All, quick note - I have my district tournament tomorrow, so I will be unavailable to do the match updates for tomorrow's match against Columbia.

I will have some content on Sunday recapping tonight's Princeton match, as well as the Columbia match.
Where is your region tournament?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT